+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical to PPR Timeline?

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Got a remedical request on December 2nd. The earliest I could schedule for a family of 4 is December 17th - now I am worried that it might be too late for IRCC to receive and process it before the holidays. Still, fingers crossed that there's going to be some movement on my case, finally, after 2 years of nothing.
Hi, any update after passing the medicals?

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
LOL. No. No way. I am very pessimistic and I think I should start saving money for the next family remedical in Dec 22...
Well thats one way to think :D

Do you know the status of your application in terms of eligibility, security and background verification? maybe that is holding you up?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well thats one way to think :D

Do you know the status of your application in terms of eligibility, security and background verification? maybe that is holding you up?
See my signature for details. I think in this thread everyone's application is "all stages passed"/approved, some folks even had CoPRs than then expired due to travel restrictions, etc.

It is IRCC's laziness and/or de-prioritization of certain applicants, or bad luck, or good luck (you'll never know what's the best for you, right?) or all of the above is what holding me up. We will get there - or somewhere - eventually.

Reactions: vijayb104

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
See my signature for details. I think in this thread everyone's application is "all stages passed"/approved, some folks even had CoPRs than then expired due to travel restrictions, etc.

It is IRCC's laziness and/or de-prioritization of certain applicants, or bad luck, or good luck (you'll never know what's the best for you, right?) or all of the above is what holding me up. We will get there - or somewhere - eventually.
Yeah its all the stages passed, pending final PPR. CIC is sitting on a crazy number of applications like our's and it would be a shame if they dont finalize it soon or before meds start expiring for us.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
What's the rationale for requesting for remed if there is no intention to issue PPR? I read some people did remed, and nothing happened, and a year later were asked to remed again.

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Yeah its all the stages passed, pending final PPR. CIC is sitting on a crazy number of applications like our's and it would be a shame if they dont finalize it soon or before meds start expiring for us.
Seems like alot of us are on the same boat. But is there anyone who is in Canada and facing this delay.

I am in Canada with outland dependents. Got remed request on 13th Dec which was passed on 10th Jan yesterday.

Last edited:

ApprovedSince2020

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
What's the rationale for requesting for remed if there is no intention to issue PPR? I read some people did remed, and nothing happened, and a year later were asked to remed again.
Many people are at final review stage after remedical. I don't understand a final review when the application was already approved before, seems like just prolonging the duration for no reason whereas they can easily issue ppr now to thousands of applicants after remedical and everything in their app passed.

Reactions: quelash13

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Many people are at final review stage after remedical. I don't understand a final review when the application was already approved before, seems like just prolonging the duration for no reason whereas they can easily issue ppr now to thousands of applicants after remedical and everything in their app passed.
Oh, so the app goes back in queue for another Review even though many of them are already approved and were RFV? I always assumed after remed was passed, PPR would be issued straight away. The lack of transparency and communication is what's frustrating people the most.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Oh I wasn’t aware of the final review. I had called IRCC a few days back and they just indicated that final decision is still pending though all stages passed including remeds (passed on 13 Dec 2021).

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Oh I wasn’t aware of the final review. I had called IRCC a few days back and they just indicated that final decision is still pending though all stages passed including remeds (passed on 13 Dec 2021).
Is IRCC customer rep providing that kind of information (basically related to the status of your application). Last month I called the lady was not able to answer all the questions and when I asked about status of my application she refused citing Afgan crisis is priority.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Is IRCC customer rep providing that kind of information (basically related to the status of your application). Last month I called the lady was not able to answer all the questions and when I asked about status of my application she refused citing Afgan crisis is priority.
Yes now they are providing updates related to application status on phone.