+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical Passed - Waiting for PPR - Let's Gather

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey there, you said medicals passed Dec. 29th. So take into consideration the holidays and that puts us to the first working week of January for Ottawa to restart their backlog. Do you have any additional docs. that need to be updated? (ie. police certif. biometrics to do, Sch A). IF yes, that might be the delay. If not, you should put in a follow-up request on your file (whether by lawyer if you have one representing you or web form inquiry). Don't get worried, I now it's a lot of time and money and a lot of waiting, that just seems to be the process. Hang in there. Do a follow-up and keep us posted on your status.
I appreciate you finding excuses for IRCC, and it's good of you, but some of us here are fed up with the wait - there were quite a few folks out there who had the same remedicals passed date and got their PPRs.
Others, like yours truly, are put at the end of the queue by IRCC. I recall having my biometrics done by a guy I went to the grad school with - we both graduated here in the US, applied for EE simultaneously. He is in Canada for 2 years now, he was able to travel to his home country, see his family, etc. I don't say it wasn't a struggle for him, it was.

But it's twice as much struggle for those who are made to pay for their medical twice (well, a third time might just as well be on the horizon), wait and wait, being unable to plan their lives, seeing their family members born, married, getting sick, die, etc. This makes no sense, especially for applicants waiting for final decision with all stages passed for YEARS.

There is no excuse for IRCC for messing with people's lives just because they're from a "wrong" country, have a "wrong" first letter of their last name, or last 4 digits of their application number - whatever is the reason for IRCC to push some applications back, it doesn't matter anymore. Everyone eligible should be treated equally.

Dec 30, 2021
FSW-outland
HK office
upfront medical 20 sept 2020
AOR 17 Nov 2020
MEP12 Dec 2020
first medical expire 25 September 2021
remedical request 14 Jan 2022
remedical done 16 Jan 2022
remedical pass 18 Jan 2022
waiting
Your dates are very close to mine:

Remed request: January 19, 2022
Remed passed: January 25, 2022
AOR: Nov 2020

And this is also HK Office btw.

Ty Banks

May 25, 2018
Aor: Nov 2019
Application approved: Sept 2020
Remedical Request: 21th Nov 2021
ADR: 23th Nov (Schedule A)
Remedical done: 24th Nov
Remedical Passed: 1st Dec 2021
PPR: Waiting....
I also got a remed request. After the remed, Am I supposed to upload the form I received from IRCC to my portal via webform or the hospital does the upload themselves.

nadiao

Jan 29, 2022
Hey guys, newbie here.

Could you please advise if having received a remed request can generally be seen as a good sign?
I might sound stupid, but I've been going through so many doubts about correctness of all my papers, translations and scans in the past year.. overthinking literally everything

ApprovedSince2020

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hey guys, newbie here.

Could you please advise if having received a remed request can generally be seen as a good sign?
I might sound stupid, but I've been going through so many doubts about correctness of all my papers, translations and scans in the past year.. overthinking literally everything
What's your Aor?

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Curious whats Ottawa doing sitting on these huge number of approved applications from 2019 and early 2020 without releasing PPRs. There has to be a plan or are they just waiting for things to expore and then again ask for these docs/meds?

Reactions: Olu.wa.se.un

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Finally, i passed remedicals. Thanks to you all for helping me keep my sanity while waiting for medical update.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Curious whats Ottawa doing sitting on these huge number of approved applications from 2019 and early 2020 without releasing PPRs. There has to be a plan or are they just waiting for things to expore and then again ask for these docs/meds?
IRCC never promised anything in terms of actually finalizing your application. Which means that they can push it back indefinitely with another lame excuse. They've got our money back in 2019, why would they care? It doesn't require a ton of brainpower or resources to issue an automatic remed request every year to the backlogged people.

nadiao

Jan 29, 2022
It doesn't require a ton of brainpower or resources to issue an automatic remed request every year to the backlogged people.
Do you think these requests are auto generated? I'm seeing many people getting their PPRs pretty soon after remed these days