+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remedical Passed - Waiting for PPR - Let's Gather

belle1201

Dec 9, 2022
Hi GUYS,
I just got rfv letter for my overseas dependent spouse. It states that a passport should only be submitted after I, the principal applicant have landed. I stay in Canada and I have to wait for the landing from the Etobicoke office.
Also, I realized the passport validity must be 6 months and more.
my spouse's passport validity is currently 8 months. is it possible I will be landed soon virtually so he can submit his passport?
I really don't want us to start renewing his passport now because passport renewal in my home country is very stressful.
should I send an email to Etobicoke landing telling them of 8 months visa validity and for landing to be done for me?

please kindly advise

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys. Have you heard about PR applications that were assigned to inactive immigration officers? I don’t know, maybe some of us here are the unlucky ones. If you have requested GCMS notes before, check the code of your IO and see if their code is on the list of the inactive I.O.s. I heard some of them has last logged in to their accounts in 2006 and yet some applications were still assigned to them. Maybe that is the reason why some of applications are not moving at all.

malaraud

Sep 8, 2022
Hi guys. Have you heard about PR applications that were assigned to inactive immigration officers? I don’t know, maybe some of us here are the unlucky ones. If you have requested GCMS notes before, check the code of your IO and see if their code is on the list of the inactive I.O.s. I heard some of them has last logged in to their accounts in 2006 and yet some applications were still assigned to them. Maybe that is the reason why some of applications are not moving at all.
Hi,
My application(AOR 3 December 2021)was assigned to CB01126, I have received remedicals on 17th Oct, done remedicals on 22th Oct and they were passed on 25th Oct.
Yesterday I have received GU.
I think this is a sign that they have started processing files that are assigned to these inactive codes.

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,
My application(AOR 3 December 2021)was assigned to CB01126, I have received remedicals on 17th Oct, done remedicals on 22th Oct and they were passed on 25th Oct.
I think this is a sign that they have started processing files that are assigned to these inactive codes.
Hopefully they did something about it. I saw that your IO CB01126 has 3756 cases assigned to him and his last log in is December 2014. This is really unacceptable. We have been waiting in vain for more than a year for nothing.

miglanianurag

Nov 3, 2022
Why would anyone believe that after the re-medical request the only step is to wait for the PPR?

Here is my timeline

AOR- Feb 2021
Medical & Bio-metric - March 2021
Marriage - Oct 2021
Additional Spouse Documents - March 2022.
Spouse Biometric - April 2022
Re-medical for me & Medical for spouse - August 2022
ADR - Marriage Certificate Asked & Submitted - August 2022
No update after that, just waiting.

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
Why would anyone believe that after the re-medical request the only step is to wait for the PPR?

Here is my timeline

AOR- Feb 2021
Medical & Bio-metric - March 2021
Marriage - Oct 2021
Additional Spouse Documents - March 2022.
Spouse Biometric - April 2022
Re-medical for me & Medical for spouse - August 2022
ADR - Marriage Certificate Asked & Submitted - August 2022
No update after that, just waiting.
What is showing in your ADR Status? Is it “We are reviewing the additional documents you submitted”? plus the date? We are on the same boat. I submitted ADR in August. ADR status says “November 14, 2022 We are reviewing…”
No update until now as well.

miglanianurag

Nov 3, 2022
What is showing in your ADR Status? Is it “We are reviewing the additional documents you submitted”? plus the date? We are on the same boat. I submitted ADR in August. ADR status says “November 14, 2022 We are reviewing…”
No update until now as well.
It is showing as:-

"Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."
So I guess you are even one step ahead, for me, the review hasn't even started yet!

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
It is showing as:-

"Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."
So I guess you are even one step ahead, for me, the review hasn't even started yet!
Not necessarily. I saw others got ppr but the ADR status did not change. Don’t fret just yet.

miglanianurag

Nov 3, 2022
Not necessarily. I saw others got ppr but the ADR status did not change. Don’t fret just yet.
Okay, but I see they don't respond to the web forms, and there is no other update from their side, on a different node I thought of ordering GSM notes, don't want to start another topic, but I don't want to give my information to third party services who can get it for me, being a bit skeptical about the identity theft and having no one in Canada who can do it for me.

For me, it has been almost 22 months now, and it kind of gets you, as all your future planning kind of depends on it. But being positive, hopefully, something soon, keeping my fingers crossed.

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
Okay, but I see they don't respond to the web forms, and there is no other update from their side, on a different node I thought of ordering GSM notes, don't want to start another topic, but I don't want to give my information to third party services who can get it for me, being a bit skeptical about the identity theft and having no one in Canada who can do it for me.

For me, it has been almost 22 months now, and it kind of gets you, as all your future planning kind of depends on it. But being positive, hopefully, something soon, keeping my fingers crossed.
Nope, they just send generic replies in the web form. I requested for GCMS notes in May, so I was able to see that my VO is not on the list of inactive IRCC employees. Thankfully, the immigration consultant that I hired is Canadian so requesting GCMS was easy. If it is possible for you to request, I recommend you do so for transparency. In a way, it helped me to understand what was going on on my application and what are my lapses. Best of luck to you and keep the faith.

Glensain

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,
I think you got your PPR already. Congratulations. I saw your account in the e-APR tracker. We hope we will get ours also soon.

harrydarwen

Oct 18, 2022
wonder what plan do they have next week since that is the only week where we can see some activity before things slow down for the holiday season.

Last edited: