+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Smartnurse

Jun 26, 2018
I am so broken!! been crying my eyes out, I took ielts academics test on the 29th of August idp Winnipeg in Canada , got my result today L8R6.5 W 6.5 and S 7.5 .I was so confident of my writing and for me I felt a it was the easiest, topic was Environmental damage , causes and whose responsibility to reduce the damages, Task 1 was 4 pie chart. I feel cheated seriously and I am traumatized emotionally, I am an ien nurse and all I need is a 7 in my writing. I applied for a remark immediately , am not sure how long it takes to get a remark result, and I am curious about how much score one needs to get a 0.5. All I need is a 7 for my writing and I will be good to go. I might not be an expert but I know am well above average!! I just have this feeling that they do this intentionally to extort money from candidates. Please guys pray for me I can’t even sleep. I hope to get my desired score of 7. All I need is a 0.5.

Smartnurse

Jun 26, 2018
I received my eor outcome result today.
Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7.5
I was definitely sure that my writing score must be more than 6.5
Its ridiculous. There is huge difference between 6.5 and 7.5. IELTS must do something about it.
I have hope reading your outcome. I got a 6.5 in my writing and I just applied for a remark!! All I need is a 7. I feel cheated I pray my out come is positive, how long did you wait?

wanderlustig

Sep 9, 2020
Some people say it's easier to score better for Speaking with IDP and for Writing with BC, is that the case? Should I try to shift to IDP if I stuck at 6.5 in Speaking with BC?

Smartnurse

Jun 26, 2018
i wrote the exam in Canada, LRWS 8.5/8.5/6.5/7
just submitted the EOR today, hoping to get a 7 in writing
Me too 6.5 in writing , I was so sure of my writing, I have been depressed, I hope outcome will be fast and positive. I just have the feeling that they randomly assign 6.5 to people without even marking the script.

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
i wrote the exam in Canada, LRWS 8.5/8.5/6.5/7
just submitted the EOR today, hoping to get a 7 in writing
I think you did the right thing.
May I ask where was your test center
Thank you and lucky you to get it in3-4 days!
Here with official information, it says 4 weeks and other candidates who did EOR said the same too
I assume you took the test in Canada. I am in the same situation and according to the test centre it may take even 4-6 weeks.. Hope to get the results sooner.

DRS1234

Jun 22, 2015
I am so broken!! been crying my eyes out, I took ielts academics test on the 29th of August idp Winnipeg in Canada , got my result today L8R6.5 W 6.5 and S 7.5 .I was so confident of my writing and for me I felt a it was the easiest, topic was Environmental damage , causes and whose responsibility to reduce the damages, Task 1 was 4 pie chart. I feel cheated seriously and I am traumatized emotionally, I am an ien nurse and all I need is a 7 in my writing. I applied for a remark immediately , am not sure how long it takes to get a remark result, and I am curious about how much score one needs to get a 0.5. All I need is a 7 for my writing and I will be good to go. I might not be an expert but I know am well above average!! I just have this feeling that they do this intentionally to extort money from candidates. Please guys pray for me I can’t even sleep. I hope to get my desired score of 7. All I need is a 0.5.
Here is my story:
I gave my exam on 21 August 2020, Received the following results:
LRWS - 8.5,7.5,6.5,8
Applied for EOR on 28th for speaking and writing as I would have never accepted 6.5, I would go to court if I had to
anyway received my results today and my writing increased to 7.5 from 6.5 and for speaking they replied that they had an internal error, which was realized internally before I submitted the EOR and my initial speaking score was 8.5 not 8.They asked me if I still wanted to proceed with speaking EOR, I was so mad that I applied EOR for two modules and now you ask me if I wanted to get it reassessed, Thanks for wasting my time. Anyway my new results meets the requirements so, I accepted the results as finals and didn't proceed with speaking EOR.
In my opinion IELTS is a business as these franchise owners get to assess and score you exam locally and they know if you have to reappear you would probably do it in same geographical area. So, if you feel that you deserve more, Apply for EOR as remarking is done by experience examiners.
My new Academic scores are LRWS- 8.5,7.5,7.5,8.5
I can't believe someone doesn't know the difference between 7.5 and 6.5 writing and still qualify to be an IELTS examiner.
Good luck, hopefully you get your desired EOR results

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
Here is my story:
LRWS - 8.5,7.5,6.5,8
Applied for EOR on 28th for speaking and writing as I would have never accepted 6.5, I would go to court if I had to
anyway received my results today and my writing increased to 7.5 from 6.5 and for speaking they replied that they had an internal error, which was realized internally before I submitted the EOR and my initial speaking score was 8.5 not 8.They asked me if I still wanted to proceed with speaking EOR, I was so mad that I applied EOR for two modules and now you ask me if I wanted to get it reassessed, Thanks for wasting my time. Anyway my new results meets the requirements so, I accepted the results as finals and didn't proceed with speaking EOR.
In my opinion IELTS is a business as these franchise owners get to assess and score you exam locally and they know if you have to reappear you would probably do it in same geographical area. So, if you feel that you deserve more, Apply for EOR as remarking is done by experience examiners.
I can't believe someone doesn't know the difference between 7.5 and 6.5 writing and still qualify to be an IELTS examiner.
So happy for you.
Yes, Ielts is a business for them to raid and waste people’s money and time.. a total iniquity..

Smartnurse

Jun 26, 2018
Here is my story:
LRWS - 8.5,7.5,6.5,8
Woaw this is good news, congratulations

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Does the TRF change if your score changes after EOR ?
My wife applied for an EOR and her score was updated from 6.5 to 7 in speaking.

Is there any way I can guess the new TRF number. ?

Tusher

Jun 2, 2019
Does the TRF change if your score changes after EOR ?
My wife applied for an EOR and her score was updated from 6.5 to 7 in speaking.

Is there any way I can guess the new TRF number. ?
If it's from IDP you can scroll down in online results page and at the bottom you will see TRF number given against new results

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
If it's from IDP you can scroll down in online results page and at the bottom you will see TRF number given against new results
It is from IDP. I do see a TRF number, Not sure if it changes or not after the remark. Also, I have no way of knowing what will be the result date on the actual report.
I need both pieces of information to make EE profile.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
I took the GT version on 22nd August and got L-8.5, S-8.5, W-7.5, S-7.5. can someone confirm if this is enough to maximize my CRS scores for English as the primary language?
I am convinced that my scores in writing and speaking would go up if I apply for a remark but am willing to let it slide if these scores are good enough to fetch my the points I need.

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
I took the GT version on 22nd August and got L-8.5, S-8.5, W-7.5, S-7.5. can someone confirm if this is enough to maximize my CRS scores for English as the primary language?
I am convinced that my scores in writing and speaking would go up if I apply for a remark but am willing to let it slide if these scores are good enough to fetch my the points I need.
As long as you get CLB 10 in each band (you already have them) you will get the maximum 128 points from your IELTS score.
So, I believe applying for EOR makes no difference in your CRS.

Reactions: orwell46