+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Adnan Shakeel

Nov 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

My IELTS-GT(First attempt) and EOR Success story.

Exam Date : 26-10-2019
Exam center : BC Pakistan, Islamabad
Results: LRWS 8.5, 8.0, 6.5, 7.0
I was quite confident about my writing, so i decided to go for EOR,
I struggled in 3rd part of speaking as the examiner was asking some philosophical questions, still i went for speaking EOR because there was no difference in remarking fee.

EOR submission date : 12-11- 2019
AOR: 22-11-2019 (after repeated calls)
EOR outcome email: 06-12-2019
Old TRF submitted: 09-12-2019
Repeated calls to BC
New TRF recieved: 20-12-2019
EOR outcome: LRWS 8.5, 8.0, 7.0, 7.5

Thanks

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I struggled in 3rd part of speaking as the examiner was asking some philosophical questions, still i went for speaking EOR because there was no difference in remarking fee.

Repeated calls to BC

Thanks
congratulations man. i have applied for EOR as well. i took GT Ielts BC (1st attempt) on 7th Nov and result was 7.5 over all ( 8 in Listening, 7 in reading, 6.5 in writing and 7.5 in speaking). Applied for EOR and the confirmation was given on 4th DEC that they have received my EOR request. they said the reassessment will be available within 2-21 days. I called them on 24th Dec and they said it hasn't been processed yet. after the call, i got an email that they had send the EOR of mine to BC UK last week. i think imma have to wait further. i have only applied for writing re-check. i have just called them right now and they said wait till 02-01-2020 as the concerned department is on holidays.

Reactions: ersabine

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

Repeated calls to BC

Thanks
Hi Adnan..congrats..did you appear for CBT?Can you please share the procedure you followed for EOR?

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hey everyone! I have a query.When i apply for re-evaluation can i still use my old result to make an EE profile.What if i get ITA through my old TRF before getting the re-evaluation result?

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hey everyone! I have a query.When i apply for re-evaluation can i still use my old result to make an EE profile.What if i get ITA through my old TRF before getting the re-evaluation result?
During the period of remarking, the test results are locked, and cannot be used to apply to universities or be sent to an immigration office.

Adnan Shakeel

Nov 17, 2017
Hi Adnan..congrats..did you appear for CBT?Can you please share the procedure you followed for EOR?
Hi
I appeared for paper based test.

I followed the following procedure for EOR in Islamabad, Pakistan.
1. Fill the EOR form (available on BC website) 1 page
2. Attach copy of CNIC/passport copy (whichever you used for the IELTS registration)
3. Submit fee in the bank in the designated branch

Put EOR form, CNIC/passport copy and deposit slip in an envelope(provided by the bank) and submit to the cashier.

Wait for the AOR and then for EOR outcome email. They will ask for old TRF if there is a change in result. I sent the old TRF along with a printout of EOR outcome email.
Recieved new TRF after 10 days.

Now i will go for EOR fee refund.
Thanks

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Exam Partner- British Council
Exam type- General Training
Country- UK

Exam attended on: Oct 26, 2019
Scored as follows
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 8

Revaluation Submission Date- 25th Nov 19
Subject- Writing
Revaluation Completion Date- 18th Nov 19
Final result: Increased to 7.0 for writing section.

P.S. Frankly, the expectancy for the score to increase was non-existent IMO.. However, considering it was only an additional 0.5, it was worth a shot to file for EoR. Gladly it paid off.

Last edited:

jaytishah

Oct 14, 2018
Hello all,

I appeared for CDT on 26 Dec 2019 and here is the result,

L-8.5, R-8, W-6.5, S-7.5

I have scored 7 and 7.5 twice in writing in my previous attempts.

Is it worth going for an EOR ? Please advice Thank you

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hello all,

I appeared for CDT on 26 Dec 2019 and here is the result,

L-8.5, R-8, W-6.5, S-7.5

I have scored 7 and 7.5 twice in writing in my previous attempts.

Is it worth going for an EOR ? Please advice Thank you
i guess you should go with EOR if your confident that you did equally good in writing as you did in other modules.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been following this thread from past 15 days. I just wanted to share with you what my scores are, I got 9 in listening, reading and speaking and 6.5 in writing and I really think that I deserve more so I requested for an EOR I applied the next day and I'm hoping to get the results back soon. The other thing that I wanted to talk about was that I really think that they purposely hold your scores back because they know that the moment you get that point five there will be a huge jump and then you will literally be done with IELTS forever so they want business out of us. Hopefully, I will get 0.5 since I wanna be done with this shit. BTW, this was my first attempt
And I got my EOR done. Guess what my writing scores changed from 6.5 to 8. My final scores are as follows:

L-9
R-8.5
S-8.5
W-8
Overall - 8.5

My feelings are mixed about this whole IELTS thing. This is just a money-making scheme to loot people's money. I took the test here in Toronto. People who work at the test centres here (also mark the tests) are very bad speakers of the language. They don't understand the language hence, they are not qualified to mark the tests. My reevaluation was done in the UK. Hence, such a huge change in score. For every successful EOR, IDP or BC need to issue an apology letter stating how they were about to ruin our lives just because they don't have qualified people marking the tests. BTW, I work for an English newspaper here in Canada named Toronto Sun and that is exactly why I couldn't believe my writing score. Best of luck to those who are still waiting on EOR.

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
And I got my EOR done. Guess what my writing scores changed from 6.5 to 8. My final scores are as follows:

L-9
R-8.5
S-8.5
W-8
Overall - 8.5

My feelings are mixed about this whole IELTS thing. This is just a money-making scheme to loot people's money. I took the test here in Toronto. People who work at the test centres here (also mark the tests) are very bad speakers of the language. They don't understand the language hence, they are not qualified to mark the tests. My reevaluation was done in the UK. Hence, such a huge change in score. For every successful EOR, IDP or BC need to issue an apology letter stating how they were about to ruin our lives just because they don't have qualified people marking the tests. BTW, I work for an English newspaper here in Canada named Toronto Sun and that is exactly why I couldn't believe my writing score. Best of luck to those who are still waiting on EOR.
Congratulations! When and in which test center you applied for EOR?

onrkc

Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone,
I took the academic ielts test 3 years ago (not valid anymore) and my results were l:8 r:8 w:6 s:7. Now I need general training score for employment and took another test on 14/12/2019. Today I received my score which are l:8 r:7.5 w:6.5 s:5.5. As you see, my speaking score is pretty low compared to other results. I was thinking my speaking test was far better than previous one and i need 6.5. I am confused about enquiry on result, because many people receive same score or 0.5 increment . So do you think it is possible to increase it 1 point?

RShah1

Dec 3, 2019
Hi guys, please I need advice. I just got my IELTS results (CDT). I had LRWS 9,9,7,8, overall 8.5 but I really need a 7.5 at least in writing to max out and get my full points. I am contemplating whether to go for a remark but I am somehow scared. Does the score ever reduce after remarking? I am in a dilemma about this because on test day, I didn't properly conclude my essay as I had written the letter first( never knew that I should have started with the essay). Is there a possibility of getting that much needed 0.5? This 7 in writing is costing me 3 CRS points.
Please guide me if you can. Thank you.
Could you please suggest ur preparation strategies??..
Thanks..