+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi guys, please I need advice. I just got my IELTS results (CDT). I had LRWS 9,9,7,8, overall 8.5 but I really need a 7.5 at least in writing to max out and get my full points. I am contemplating whether to go for a remark but I am somehow scared. Does the score ever reduce after remarking? I am in a dilemma about this because on test day, I didn't properly conclude my essay as I had written the letter first( never knew that I should have started with the essay). Is there a possibility of getting that much needed 0.5? This 7 in writing is costing me 3 CRS points.
Please guide me if you can. Thank you.
The score never decreases. It either increases or remains the same. You should go for a recheck

Reactions: bhardwajdhruv1

LetgoC

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Guys ,

EOR Success story.

Exam Date : 04/11/2019
EOR submission date : 11/11/2019
Exam center : IDP India, Bangalore

Well I just checked results.ieltsessentials website on 06/12/2019 and saw my writing score has changed from 6.5 to 7.
My current score LRWS : 9,9,7,7.5

I haven't received any mail from IDP yet but I kept of checking ielsessentials site everyday and today I saw the change. This was my 6th attempt and honestly I had given up on IELTS. However I was really confident with my essay and believed it was not worth 6.5 , hence applied for EOR. If you are confident about your performance with speaking or writing then please do go for EOR. My IELTS journey finally ends here.
Ohhhhhh myyyyy Goooodddd...... after reading this, I decided to check my result (I did computer based) .... and my score has changed.... Thank Godddd!!!!
After 8 exams and 3 remarks... finally.... I am free!!! But they haven’t sent me message for result change... I don’t even care about the refund.... I AM FREE FROM IELTS! To the rest of you guys still stuck here.. have faith your Christmas miracle would come

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I got this email.
"We have processed your Enquiry on Results (EOR) application at the centre level. You will get notification once we get the confirmation from the EOR Team at BC".
How long it will take to complete EOR?

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys

Just to add myself to the statistics

Applied for EOR through IDP. Got result in approx 2weeks

Remark in Writing Successful

IELTS Journey is over as i’ve now maxed all sections

Goodluck everyone , God bless

rock841984

Mar 19, 2019
Got mine as well. LRWS: 8, 7.5, 7, 6
Extremely disappointed with speaking score which completely screws my CLB. Thinking to go for EOR but not sure to go for EOR or retake the IELTS as EOR fees have gone very high.

IELTS should start giving option for individual module appearances with lower fees rather than going for entire test again.

moiramoira

Dec 27, 2019
Dear All,
I just got my TRF. it's 8.5 8.5 7 7 for LRWS, I have been taking IELTS tests regularly 2-3 times every month(don't even want to mention how many times I've took it) I'm going to book more tests and try to maximize the language score for sure. Can some one please give me advice if I should apply for EOR for this test result? I'm not sure if there will be any possibility to have an increase of 0.5 on either W or S, or is it a waste of money? I applied for EOR one time for all modules when I had 8 8.5 6.5 7.5 and the result remained the same. Thank you!

Dec 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need some advice on remarking
My recent IELTS score are
L - 8
R - 7.5
S - 8
W - 6

I need 7 in writing to get CLB 9 for immigration.
Any comments?

Dec 27, 2019
Hello Guys,

After many failed IELTS attempts, I still can't get band 7 in writing. Other modules, I can say, I am getting CLB 10 but writing is stuck at 6.5 although I can see a clear improvement from my very initial attempt.
I am taking IELTS in Toronto and it created doubt in me if they are wantedly giving low scores (or I may be crazy).
Do you guys suggest me to go to my home country (India) and take IELTS this time? Or am I unskilled in writing?

Regards,
Aitha.
I’m in the same situation as yours and attempted 7 times in Toronto (5 times paper based and 2 times CDT). In each attempt I got 5.5-6.5 in writing and rest of section I’m getting CLB 9&10. I’m not sure if I should continue my attempt here or go back to India and give a try. If you find any advice, do let me know

Thanks!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Got mine as well. LRWS: 8, 7.5, 7, 6
Extremely disappointed with speaking score which completely screws my CLB. Thinking to go for EOR but not sure to go for EOR or retake the IELTS as EOR fees have gone very high.

IELTS should start giving option for individual module appearances with lower fees rather than going for entire test again.
That would be unfair to those who attempted a full test and qualified.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been following this thread from past 15 days. I just wanted to share with you what my scores are, I got 9 in listening, reading and speaking and 6.5 in writing and I really think that I deserve more so I requested for an EOR I applied the next day and I'm hoping to get the results back soon. The other thing that I wanted to talk about was that I really think that they purposely hold your scores back because they know that the moment you get that point five there will be a huge jump and then you will literally be done with IELTS forever so they want business out of us. Hopefully, I will get 0.5 since I wanna be done with this shit. BTW, this was my first attempt