+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi Kavya/All,

Got a msg stating that there is an increase in score and I need to send my current TRF.
Actually, I opted Speaking and Writing to be remarked.
Honestly telling, my speaking wasn't that great, as I got 7.5 and that is the max I think I deserve.
My highest hope is on Writing module (6.5)
Wanted 7 in it and need to wait n see if that has got increased.
Did anyone receive such a msg today asking to send the TRF?
Hi All,

Back here again. Got my updated TRF. Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7. Speaking remains the same (who cares).
IELTS - GT
Too happy today.
Anyways, bottom-line is that if you are completely confident, go for EOR.
This is not a gamble game. Telling from experience.
I was completely confident in my writing and opted to have score reevaluated.

Best of luck for all those who are awaiting positive results. Ask me any questions related to this and I will answer.
Plus pray too. That also helps to a great extent.

veenagohrani

Mar 22, 2019
Last Monday - 07/22/19.

Also, I checked the online portal but the change is not reflecting there... I called up the test center (IDP) &they mentioned that they dont update the results - New results will be available only on the mail.

I did see that some people in this forum were able to see their updated results... Is that correct?
You applied on 22nd and got it yesterday!! Wow. and congrats

AKat47

Jul 3, 2019
Got the courier. It says score remains unchanged. So I guess have to prepare for another attempt.
So gave my second attempt for IELTS. This time did it at IDP. Made sure that I did not mention Canadian Immigration as the reason for it.
Timeline:
Examination : 19 July
Result 24 July
L: 8.5
R: 9
W: 7.5
S: 8

Writing was the major task. I highly recommend Watching Jay in Youtube. He tells about the usage of Complex sentences in W1 and W2 tasks. I guess that worked for me. All the best to everyone else.

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I appeared for the IELTS- BC in Dubai. I got my scores a while back LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7.5. As I am the primary applicant, I need a 7 in writing. I had previously written IELTS in IDP and got a 7.5 in writing. So I am quite shocked how did it go so low this time. Can you please advise if I should go ahead with the re-evaluation. How many days does it typically take to receive this result. Please advise.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Hi,

I appeared for the IELTS- BC in Dubai. I got my scores a while back LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7.5. As I am the primary applicant, I need a 7 in writing. I had previously written IELTS in IDP and got a 7.5 in writing. So I am quite shocked how did it go so low this time. Can you please advise if I should go ahead with the re-evaluation. How many days does it typically take to receive this result. Please advise.
Computer based or paper based?

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Go for EOR I would say. BC is inconsistent with EOR processing. They can take up to 30 days.
I got the EoR in 31 days and they took 15 days to dispatch my new TRF.
Oh my...they take so much of time. I am due to receive my ECA on the 12th August, so tight by then I might get my EOR. My plan was to enter the pool in August. It takes so long, but if it is worth it I will surely go in for it.

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Yes... Since I asked for EOR before they even sent the TRF, sent payment details on email -> I think that saved atleast 4-5 days that would have been lost in mail transits...
And thank you!
Hi,

Did you do something to speed up this process of remark?

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Oh my...they take so much of time. I am due to receive my ECA on the 12th August, so tight by then I might get my EOR. My plan was to enter the pool in August. It takes so long, but if it is worth it I will surely go in for it.
It depends case to case, people get the EoR result in 20 days as well.. Anyway hope for the best.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
The success rate with BC is much higher than IDP. I wrote 4 times with IDP as the exam partner but unable to hit the 7 in W.
I then switched to BC. Got 7 in the first attempt and 6.5 in the second one. Anyways, opted to have W reevaluated and got the .5 increment.
Big thanks to BC to help me out from this IELTS trap.

Last edited: