+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

gauravgulati

May 13, 2019
I have been following this thread for the past few weeks as I had applied for EOR.

Timeline:-

Exam date: 27-Apr-2019
Result date: 10-May-2019
Score: 8.5, 9, 7, 7 (LRWS) (I need 7.5 in W/S)
EOR: 14-May-2019

There was no update from IDP and when I contacted them yesterday, they said the EOR result has been dispatched via courier. Since I didn't get any email about score change and I haven't submitted my TRF, I came to the conclusion that EOR score was unchanged. I tried checking results online and they removed it from there site(date is still showing but no results found).

I will confirm once I get the courier, but I think if you don't get an email about score change and they despatch the result it means score remains unchanged.
Have you received your courier?

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
I have been following this thread for the past few weeks as I had applied for EOR.

Timeline:-

Exam date: 27-Apr-2019
Result date: 10-May-2019
Score: 8.5, 9, 7, 7 (LRWS) (I need 7.5 in W/S)
EOR: 14-May-2019

There was no update from IDP and when I contacted them yesterday, they said the EOR result has been dispatched via courier. Since I didn't get any email about score change and I haven't submitted my TRF, I came to the conclusion that EOR score was unchanged. I tried checking results online and they removed it from there site(date is still showing but no results found).

I will confirm once I get the courier, but I think if you don't get an email about score change and they despatch the result it means score remains unchanged.

I am going through same case.

Timeline :
Exam date: April 27, 2019
Result date: May 10, 2019
Score LRSW : 8.5, 8.5, 8, 6.5
EOR: May 16, 2016 - By Submitting EOR Form at IDP Center.

I have called them on June 04, 2019, they have said that they have not received EOR Result till now and advice me to call after June 10, 2019.

But I have found one Contact Form on IELTS Essentials Website in which they have option to inquiry about EOR.

Hope that will give you more information.

Form Link : https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/testinformation/contactus/idp-ielts-enquiry-form

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
To all the people out there who are desperately trying to get the magic number ,giving multiple attempts filing EORs, going through this frustrating journey ,I wish to tell them my story ,if it makes atleast one person feel better ,I would be happy.

Jan5th -8/6.5/7/7
Feb 9th -7.5/8/7/7
March 23rd-8.5/6.5/7/7
May 23rd- 8/8.5/7/7
It took 6 months ,4 attempts and more than 50k for me to get an overall band score of 8.0 despite being a naturally eloquent person.Everytime I tried I lost for either listening/reading by 0.5 score...after the third attempt I felt devastated..I almost gave up.I couldnt figure out what to do next, as immigration was my long time dream...My CRS dropped from 475 to 414 with the marginal difference of 0.5....Somehow I managed to attempt for one last time,but after the exam I felt I'll lose for Listening as it was too tricky...I was hopeless again ,finally while looking for my result I started shivering,I was too weak to handle another failure but I realized I had to face it,no matter what and I checked my results ,I saw the overall score of 8.0 ,I scrolled down to see the magic number ..I could not believe my eyes,I had finally made it...

Your Test Result
Overall Band:
Listening:
Reading:
Writing:
Speaking:

I dreamt of seeing this on the screen for months finally my hardwork paid off.I want to tell you all,to be persistent...just know you are getting closer to your dream.Even if you are confident about your lanugage skills ,you might be making silly mistakes on the day of exam out of stress,dont panic..Just believe,Life doesnt end here.The most important thing for IELTS is to remain composed on the exam day,no matter hw hard you prepare ,if you panic on the exam day ,you will lose for sure also once you feel exhausted after giving 3 or more attempts in a row give yourself a break ,take some time and then prepare.Good luck to all and I really hope you all get the desired score soon.....

Congratulations for Magic Numbers.

My Timeline :

As you can see I am stuck in Writing Section.

If you can share your Writing Techniques, Materials, YouTube channels you are following for Writing or any advice for that then It would be a great help for me as well for others also.

Thanks.

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
Congratulations for Magic Numbers.

My Timeline :

As you can see I am stuck in Writing Section.

If you can share your Writing Techniques, Materials, YouTube channels you are following for Writing or any advice for that then It would be a great help for me as well for others also.

Thanks.
Hi,
I took professional training for writing, personally I believe cracking writing without an experienced trainer is not possible unless you have a good hold of the language,still Ieltz liz and Jay's videos were very helpful for me...Try to know where exactly you go wrong, if its your vocab, or framing of sentence, the kind of words you use....I consistenly got 7 in all my four attempts for writing, if you have any specific doubts ,I will try to answer..Also my trainer told me to read my own essays ...reading too many essays will only exhaust you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhirenpatel

mkerala

Jun 5, 2019
I am going through same case.

Timeline :

I have called them on June 04, 2019, they have said that they have not received EOR Result till now and advice me to call after June 10, 2019.

But I have found one Contact Form on IELTS Essentials Website in which they have option to inquiry about EOR.

Hope that will give you more information.

Form Link : https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/testinformation/contactus/idp-ielts-enquiry-form
If you are from India you can track it on BlueDart website. Enter reference number as EOR_123457 (replace with your IDP candidate number)

mkerala

Jun 5, 2019
I know most of you here are struggling to get past the magic number 7 for writing. Perhaps you haven't realized that you are following wrong advises and guides.

I have followed famous IELTS websites like IELTS Liz, E2 English, Makkar and a whole bunch of other videos and website. One thing I now know is that they all are teaching the wrong method to approach writing. Just to give you an example, if you think there are 5 or 7 types of essay, the reality is there is just one type.

There is a free e-book called "IELTS TEACHER – THE KEY TO IELTS SUCCESS" written by Pauline Cullen and available for download on her website IELTS Weekly. She is from Cambridge and the same person who wrote the Cambridge Official guide to IELTS.

Trust me, it is highly worth your time and you will be surprised to learn how many misconceptions and wrong methods you have got which makes you stuck at band 6.5.

Reactions: Dheana90 and he5ham

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
I know most of you here are struggling to get past the magic number 7 for writing. Perhaps you haven't realized that you are following wrong advises and guides.

I have followed famous IELTS websites like IELTS Liz, E2 English, Makkar and a whole bunch of other videos and website. One thing I now know is that they all are teaching the wrong method to approach writing. Just to give you an example, if you think there are 5 or 7 types of essay, the reality is there is just one type.

There is a free e-book called "IELTS TEACHER – THE KEY TO IELTS SUCCESS" written by Pauline Cullen and available for download on her website IELTS Weekly. She is from Cambridge and the same person who wrote the Cambridge Official guide to IELTS.

Trust me, it is highly worth your time and you will be surprised to learn how many misconceptions and wrong methods you have got which makes you stuck at band 6.5.

Appreciate your opinion but I and most of us here will strongly disagree!

There are many instances where candidates managed to score a higher mark with the help of the tutors you have listed and after all they can just guide towards the strategy. It’s up to an individual “us” to follow it properly and hit all score band criteria within timeframe of exam for achieving a higher band.

So I would not criticize others for my weaknesses rather use their guidance smartly in order to be successful. There is always room for improvement!

Reactions: he5ham

mkerala

Jun 5, 2019
Appreciate your opinion but I and most of us here will strongly disagree!

There are many instances where candidates managed to score a higher mark with the help of the tutors you have listed and after all they can just guide towards the strategy. It’s up to an individual “us” to follow it properly and hit all score band criteria within timeframe of exam for achieving a higher band.

So I would not criticize others for my weaknesses rather use their guidance smartly in order to be successful. There is always room for improvement!
First of all, my humble request is to just read that book. Even reading two page is enough to understand what I am really talking about. I couldn't have agreed with you more if I hadn't stumble up on Pauline's blog and book.

Let me ask you why do you trust these tutors so much? I agree that Google search result ranks them on top and they got many followers who successfully cracked 7+ writing. Other than that who are they really? Some of of them claims to be a teachers, but haven't published their credentials or qualifications. Important thing to note here is that they aren't even remotely related to IELTS examinations bodies(Cambridge, British council, IDP) in any official capacity. So how do they come up with guides or methods to crack IELTS?

Pauline on the other hand is from Cambridge English Assessment who prepares the IELTS questions and she has co-authored the Cambridge Official guide for IELTS. She has been working with Cambridge from 1991 as an examiner. You can read more about her on Cambridge website itself.

My question is who do you trust? Someone on the internet with lot of followers or Official IELTS examiner working at Cambridge for the last 30 years?

This would be my last post on this as I am not here to start an argument or debate. Its up to you whether to take my advise or reject it.

Reactions: he5ham

Sadwant

Jun 7, 2019
Dear members,
I applied for EOR through BC for writing only (6.5 bands) on 15 May and today I received the below message.
Dear Candidate,
Your request for Enquiry in Results is now complete and there is a Change in the scores. Please send your original TRF within 3-4 days, so that new results can be issued.
Regards,
British Council
Does this mean my band has gone up? I read somewhere that band either improves or remains same. Please update if you have received this message from BC and your band has reduced. Thanks.

Reactions: @GP and crs350onip