ashki008

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wow! Congratulations.

Same story, but still waiting for my EOR result.
I wrote my exam on 1st of December too, followed ieltsadvantage and wrote made up examples as well because ieltsadvantage always told us to do that. My scores are LRWS 9,9,6.5,7.5
I applied only for writing, even though I felt that i spoke good enough to get an 8, but 7.5 did not bother me.

I am practising for another test because my hopes for an increase in my score are declining tremendously. I contacted another ielts teacher and she told me that fake examples are strongly disliked by examiners. She also pointed out that my ideas are “too simple” for a good score, even though my grammar and vocabulary are good. It was also pointed out that my essay structure seems like a formula ( i followed ieltsadvantage structure ) I never knew my ideas were supposed to be interesting. It’s just so heart-breaking. I don’t know how to get interesting ideas.

I am waiting for my EOR result, and your case sounds so much like mine. I hope to get that 0.5 increase in my writing too. InshAllah.
I am actually in the same waiting list. - I am loosing hopes day by day and now I am preparing for the exam again
Scores L8, R9, S7. W6.5 - I am not confident about the writing though for Task 2, but I am sure the letter was perfectly written and just as a matter of fact, my grammar and vocabulary were fine.

Fingers crossed!!!

faiza1234

Dec 17, 2018
I am actually in the same waiting list. - I am loosing hopes day by day and now I am preparing for the exam again
Scores L8, R9, S7. W6.5 - I am not confident about the writing though for Task 2, but I am sure the letter was perfectly written and just as a matter of fact, my grammar and vocabulary were fine.

Fingers crossed!!!
I am trying to improve my writing as well, but, to be honest, I really do not know what to do to increase my score. There is a fine line between 6.5 and 7 in writing, and no band descriptor can clarify it. If one gets 7,7,7,6 in individual marking criteria of task 2, then the overall score will be rounded down to 6.5, and that is the scariest part.

I hope that we get lucky in our EOR application, so that we do not have to go through this torture again. InshAllah.

Reactions: ashki008 and Tejasd

Priyankaa@03

Dec 25, 2018
Btw I had applied for EOR (Writing) for 1st Dec IELTS IDP on 18th Dec. It has been three weeks, but haven't heard from them till now. What is your timeline for EOR?
Same here
I have also applied for eor( writing) which I had appeared for on 1 December and I applied for eor on 20 December

Reactions: ashki008

ashki008

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am trying to improve my writing as well, but, to be honest, I really do not know what to do to increase my score. There is a fine line between 6.5 and 7 in writing, and no band descriptor can clarify it. If one gets 7,7,7,6 in individual marking criteria of task 2, then the overall score will be rounded down to 6.5, and that is the scariest part.

I hope that we get lucky in our EOR application, so that we do not have to go through this torture again. InshAllah.
I am expecting that day to come - I have been in this journey for over 2 years and still trying my luck out - When I say I am preparing for my next attempt - that is my 10th attempt - trust me mate! it is always because of the Writing Module - In sha Allah I hope the same and we shouldn't get to go though this rigmarole.

Reactions: Eli31 and faiza1234

ashki008

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys!

Are you aware if the "British Council Candidate Account" is updated when the EOR makes any changes to the existing score(s) ?

I am talking about the user account where you can view your previous exam details including the results.

I have about 1 week to go to compete "4-week" EOR waiting duration.

QATAR BC

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Guys!

Are you aware if the "British Council Candidate Account" is updated when the EOR makes any changes to the existing score(s) ?

I am talking about the user account where you can view your previous exam details including the results.

QATAR BC
No, mine wasn't updated on the website after EOR but I have received a new trf.

Tammy1705

Dec 16, 2018
Guys!

QATAR BC
That's exactly what I have been wondering as last Friday following a successful EOR I received from BC my new printed certificate with the updated marks, but when I checked my results online I could only see my old (lower) marks. Does it usually take some time for the marks to be amended online?

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Wow! Congratulations.

Same story, but still waiting for my EOR result.
I wrote my exam on 1st of December too, followed ieltsadvantage and wrote made up examples as well because ieltsadvantage always told us to do that. My scores are LRWS 9,9,6.5,7.5
I applied only for writing, even though I felt that i spoke good enough to get an 8, but 7.5 did not bother me.

I am practising for another test because my hopes for an increase in my score are declining tremendously. I contacted another ielts teacher and she told me that fake examples are strongly disliked by examiners. She also pointed out that my ideas are “too simple” for a good score, even though my grammar and vocabulary are good. It was also pointed out that my essay structure seems like a formula ( i followed ieltsadvantage structure ) I never knew my ideas were supposed to be interesting. It’s just so heart-breaking. I don’t know how to get interesting ideas.

I am waiting for my EOR result, and your case sounds so much like mine. I hope to get that 0.5 increase in my writing too. InshAllah.
Well, Chris Pell's structure is good and clear and fake examples are fine. Different IELTS teachers have a diverse opinion about this to sell you their idea. Actually, IELTS tutor is not at all a profession, they are capitalizing on the opportunity which is produced by the IELTS. Anyways, I had purchased Chris Pell's VIP course and trust me it's not at all useful and its just organized videos of what he has written on the website for FREE.

Reactions: ashki008

ashki008

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Qatar
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That's exactly what I have been wondering as last Friday following a successful EOR I received from BC my new printed certificate with the updated marks, but when I checked my results online I could only see my old (lower) marks. Does it usually take some time for the marks to be amended online?
I am not quite sure as to how long it takes for the BC site to be updated of if they will be updated at all.

As a matter of fact, they have their own version of each candidate profile in the IELTS results verification site and the updated band score(s) will be uploaded immediately.

NB: Results Verification portal can only be accessed by Immigration Officers and Authorized Bodies that have been granted access to

goodwill_

Sep 22, 2018
Hi
I am not quite sure as to how long it takes for the BC site to be updated of if they will be updated at all.

As a matter of fact, they have their own version of each candidate profile in the IELTS results verification site and the updated band score(s) will be uploaded immediately.

NB: Results Verification portal can only be accessed by Immigration Officers and Authorized Bodies that have been granted access to
So, it is not accessible to candidates like us ?
So in short, I will not be able to check my EOR result online on ielts essential or anywhere ???

mohitd11

Aug 30, 2018
HI,

I have attempted IELTS GT thrice from IDP and the writing score remains same :

1st attempt : 8.5,8.5,7.5 and writing 6.5 -- Filled EOR but score didn't changed.
2nd attempt : 8.5,8.5,8.0 and writing 6.5
3rd attempt : 9,9,7.5 and writing 6.5 - Filled EOR on 27th December and waiting for update.

I strongly believe there is something wrong with marking process as someone who can score constantly good bands in all the other modules cannot fail in writing again and again.

Is this happening in BC as well ?