+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
l wrote IELTS General on 1st Dec with disappointing result in writing (L9, R9, W6.5, S7.5).
I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the word limit in both essays and in Task 2 (my task was to argue both sides and give your opinion), I wrote 4 paragraphs and used made-up examples in explaining both sides. I used IELTSADVANTAGE as a guide to structure my essay.

Applied and paid for EOR: 20th Dec
Exam Partner: BC
EOR completed: 4th Jan
Writing upgraded to 7 and speaking to 8.5!
As others have said previously, I think it is worth it to go for EOR if you need 0.5 or 1 point upgrade in writing or speaking. Good luck guys!

Priyankaa@03

Dec 25, 2018
I sent my documents to IDP Gurgaon on 7th december .Docs reached head office on 12th December. Process started on 19th December. Docs forwarded to IDP AUSTRALIA on 24th December. Result awaited. EOR applied for Speaking module.
How have you been notified about your revaluation status?

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
hi all,
how long does it take to get the money refunded for EOR if its success.Any idea???
Mine its been over a month since the result and haven't got refunded so just wanted to know....Thank u

faiza1234

Dec 17, 2018
l wrote IELTS General on 1st Dec with disappointing result in writing (L9, R9, W6.5, S7.5).
I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the word limit in both essays and in Task 2 (my task was to argue both sides and give your opinion), I wrote 4 paragraphs and used made-up examples in explaining both sides. I used IELTSADVANTAGE as a guide to structure my essay.

Applied and paid for EOR: 20th Dec
Exam Partner: BC
EOR completed: 4th Jan
Writing upgraded to 7 and speaking to 8.5!
As others have said previously, I think it is worth it to go for EOR if you need 0.5 or 1 point upgrade in writing or speaking. Good luck guys!
Wow! Congratulations.

Same story, but still waiting for my EOR result.
I wrote my exam on 1st of December too, followed ieltsadvantage and wrote made up examples as well because ieltsadvantage always told us to do that. My scores are LRWS 9,9,6.5,7.5
I applied only for writing, even though I felt that i spoke good enough to get an 8, but 7.5 did not bother me.

I am practising for another test because my hopes for an increase in my score are declining tremendously. I contacted another ielts teacher and she told me that fake examples are strongly disliked by examiners. She also pointed out that my ideas are “too simple” for a good score, even though my grammar and vocabulary are good. It was also pointed out that my essay structure seems like a formula ( i followed ieltsadvantage structure ) I never knew my ideas were supposed to be interesting. It’s just so heart-breaking. I don’t know how to get interesting ideas.

I am waiting for my EOR result, and your case sounds so much like mine. I hope to get that 0.5 increase in my writing too. InshAllah.

Reactions: ashki008

Tejasd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Wow! Congratulations.

I wrote my exam on 1st of December too, followed ieltsadvantage and wrote made up examples as well because ieltsadvantage always told us to do that. My scores are LRWS 9,9,6.5,7.5
I applied only for writing, even though I felt that i spoke good enough to get an 8, but 7.5 did not bother me.

I am practising for another test because my hopes for an increase in my score are declining tremendously. I contacted another ielts teacher and she told me that fake examples are strongly disliked by examiners. She also pointed out that my ideas are “too simple” for a good score, even though my grammar and vocabulary are good. It was also pointed out that my essay structure seems like a formula ( i followed ieltsadvantage structure ) I never knew my ideas were supposed to be interesting. It’s just so heart-breaking. I don’t know how to get interesting ideas.

I am waiting for my EOR result, and your case sounds so much like mine. I hope to get that 0.5 increase in my writing too. InshAllah.
interesting ideas dosent give you extra Marks. If you are confident u ll get the required band increase. Go for chirs Pell advance course. It will help definitely though it is quite expensive

Priyankaa@03

Dec 25, 2018
I called IDP customer care
And also had a live chat.
Even I called them up many a times. But they haven't given any detailed status of revaluation.
And one thing more, in case the band increases, will it get updated online automatically also?
Or directly trf will be sent?

Last edited:

Deep1994

Dec 14, 2018
Even I called them up many a times. But they haven't given any detailed status of revaluation.
And one thing more, in case the band increases, will it get updated online automatically also?
Some agents don't tell u the relevant info. So call again and again.
In my case, once they told me 12 th December as day of receiving documents. Other agent told me 15 th december. The next one told 19 th December. Then I sent a mail to IDP India along with scanned copy of passport. They replied that documents were received on 19 th December. Then I had aa live chat with an agent. I was informed that documents were forwarded to IDP Australia on 24 th deDecemb

goodwill_

Sep 22, 2018
Btw I had applied for EOR (Writing) for 1st Dec IELTS IDP on 18th Dec. It has been three weeks, but haven't heard from them till now. What is your timeline for EOR?

goodwill_

Sep 22, 2018
In my case, once they told me 12 th December as day of receiving documents. Other agent told me 15 th december. The next one told 19 th December. Then I sent a mail to IDP India along with scanned copy of passport. They replied that documents were received on 19 th December. Then I had aa live chat with an agent. I was informed that documents were forwarded to IDP Australia on 24 th deDecemb
So did you get your results, or when are you expecting it ?

Priyankaa@03

Dec 25, 2018
Thanks

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Wow! Congratulations.

I think your ielts teacher is being unnecessarily strict, as far as I know, there is no penalty for made-up examples.
Also, I actually think there's a good chance you will be upgraded because I also considered my ideas to be quite simple (I am rubbish at coming up with ideas on the spot). Although I made sure to use lots of linking words and a few complex sentences in my essay.
Good luck man, waiting for good news for you!

faiza1234

Dec 17, 2018
I think your ielts teacher is being unnecessarily strict, as far as I know, there is no penalty for made-up examples.
Also, I actually think there's a good chance you will be upgraded because I also considered my ideas to be quite simple (I am rubbish at coming up with ideas on the spot). Although I made sure to use lots of linking words and a few complex sentences in my essay.
Good luck man, waiting for good news for you!
Thanks! I really hope so!

I am also just good at using compound and complex sentences, and usually my arguments are simple.

Let’s hope for the best! Ameen.