+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Rina Arora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank this thread for giving me immense hope. I am sharing details about my attempts-

Have appeared from India for all the exams.

(L, R, W, S)

24 May 2018 Pen and Paper (IDP)- 8,7,6.5,6.5 (So here I accidentally wrote approx 650 words in the essay)
1 Sep 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 7.5,6,5.5,7.5 (This attempt was a shocker for me because I wrote 300 words and according to me I did well. In listening, I was not able to maintain my pace with the speech because we have to write answers directly on the screen)
3 Oct 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 7.5,7,6.5,7( Here again, the same thing happened to listening. The writing score was also stagnant at 6.5 despite of brushing my grammar and task response.
18 Oct 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 8.5,8,6.5,7.5 ( Finally, this attempt was my best attempt and thanks to the thread hope and faith (Canada visa forum). I enrolled for writing revaluation. Got EOR result within 2 weeks and outcomes was no change.
Then I realized that there is something I am missing on due to which I am lacking by .5 in each attempt. I referred all the videos of Liz and all the evaluations on the Hope and faith thread. After regaining confidence, I enrolled for 27th October exam pen and paper exam with BC.
27 Oct 2018 Pen and Paper(BC)- 9,9,6.5,7 ( I have read numerous success stories for BC revaluation so I applied for EOR on 20th Nov for writing and speaking. In writing this was not my best attempt because after appearing for computerized attempt it was really troublesome to rewrite the sentence as we need to erase and rewrite which becomes messy. I gave 30 minutes to letter and essay each. I completed my essay at the last minute due to which there was no time left for proofreading. At the back of my head, I was sure that my score for writing won't increase but applied for it anyway thinking that I should take a chance. Applied for speaking as well because I have been scoring 7.5 everytime and in case my writing score doesn't change then speaking will definitely change.

As BC EOR takes time so I registered for a fresh exam with IDP pen and paper-based.
1st Dec 2018 Pen and Paper (IDP)- 7,6,6.5,6.5 ( This was the result which left me shattered and I started questioning myself. As I was not able to get the desired score in any module.

It's very well said that hard work pays off. Got my BC revaluation result yesterday and my writing score increased from 6.5 to 7. It is the perfect Christmas gift and finally, the IELTS journey ends here.

If you guys want to improve your writing then please refer Hope and faith thread. Although I haven't posted many essays there but I have read all the previous evaluations and almost every post on that thread which was a big help to me.

sandey27

Nov 25, 2018
Philippines
Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank this thread for giving me immense hope. I am sharing details about my attempts-

(L, R, W, S)

24 May 2018 Pen and Paper (IDP)- 8,7,6.5,6.5 (So here I accidentally wrote approx 650 words in the essay)
1 Sep 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 7.5,6,5.5,7.5 (This attempt was a shocker for me because I wrote 300 words and according to me I did well. In listening, I was not able to maintain my pace with the speech because we have to write answers directly on the screen)
3 Oct 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 7.5,7,6.5,7( Here again, the same thing happened to listening. The writing score was also stagnant at 6.5 despite of brushing my grammar and task response.
18 Oct 2018 Computerised (IDP)- 8.5,8,6.5,7.5 ( Finally, this attempt was my best attempt and thanks to the thread hope and faith (Canada visa forum). I enrolled for writing revaluation. Got EOR result within 2 weeks and outcomes was no change.
Then I realized that there is something I am missing on due to which I am lacking by .5 in each attempt. I referred all the videos of Liz and all the evaluations on the Hope and faith thread. After regaining confidence, I enrolled for 27th October exam pen and paper exam with BC.
27 Oct 2018 Pen and Paper(BC)- 9,9,6.5,7 ( I have read numerous success stories for BC revaluation so I applied for EOR on 20th Nov for writing and speaking. In writing this was not my best attempt because after appearing for computerized attempt it was really troublesome to rewrite the sentence as we need to erase and rewrite which becomes messy. I gave 30 minutes to letter and essay each. I completed my essay at the last minute due to which there was no time left for proofreading. At the back of my head, I was sure that my score for writing won't increase but applied for it anyway thinking that I should take a chance. Applied for speaking as well because I have been scoring 7.5 everytime and in case my writing score doesn't change then speaking will definitely change.

As BC EOR takes time so I registered for a fresh exam with IDP pen and paper-based.
1st Dec 2018 Pen and Paper (IDP)- 7,6,6.5,6.5 ( This was the result which left me shattered and I started questioning myself. As I was not able to get the desired score in any module.

It's very well said that hard work pays off. Got my BC revaluation result yesterday and my writing score increased from 6.5 to 7. It is the perfect Christmas gift and finally, the IELTS journey ends here.

If you guys want to improve your writing then please refer Hope and faith thread. Although I haven't posted many essays there but I have read all the previous evaluations and almost every post on that thread which was a big help to me.
Congratulations!!!

Priyankaa@03

Dec 25, 2018
Is the result of revaluation get automatically updated on ieltsessentials before receiving new Trf?(provided the band increases)

Last edited:

khan7i

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Everyone
I got my results today LRWS 8/7/6/8.5 from BC
I want to go for EOR my question is can I apply eor from IDP or I have to apply eor from BC since i appeared my Ielts test from BC
thanks
Rahil

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi Everyone
I want to go for EOR my question is can I apply eor from IDP or I have to apply eor from BC since i appeared my Ielts test from BC
thanks
Rahil

You can only apply for EOR in BC as you have taken BC IELTS.. also BC EOR is cheaper than that of IDP. All the best.

khan7i

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Everyone
thanks
Rahil
You can only apply for EOR in BC as you have taken BC IELTS.. also BC EOR is cheaper than that of IDP. All the best.
How can I apply is it online or I need to visit BC test center

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Thank you so much verma

This is the email from BC when I was applying for EOR:

We would like to inform you that in case you are not satisfied with the scores awarded, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results within six weeks after the main exam date. This is a paid service and the fees is INR 6500/-.

Revaluation process involves re-marking of the scripts by a senior examiner in the overseas office. You can choose to get any of the 4 modules or all of them i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking re-evaluated. Revaluation process takes 2-4 weeks and in case there is an increase in the band score in any module, revaluation fee will be refunded and a revised test report form will be issued to you.

Below is the list of documents, required for initiating the Revaluation:

1) Filled revaluation application form (Can be downloaded from our website https://www.britishcouncil.in/sites/default/files/ielts_enquiry_on_results_form.pdf Please click on the link and if it doesn’t work please copy paste the link in your internet browser.

2) Original IELTS Test Report Form (scorecard).

3) Clear Photocopy of the passport (front and last page)

4) Processing fees of INR 6500/-. The fees can be paid by demand draft. The demand draft needs to be made in favour of ‘British Council’, payable at 'New Delhi'.

5) Photocopy of cancelled cheque/ front page of the passbook.

Please send the above mentioned documents to the following address only by courier/post:

British Council Examination and English Service India

One Horizon Centre
6th Floor, Sector 43
DLF Phase V, Golf Course Road
Gurgaon - 122002, India

khan7i

Jan 10, 2018

We would like to inform you that in case you are not satisfied with the scores awarded, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results within six weeks after the main exam date. This is a paid service and the fees is INR 6500/-.

Revaluation process involves re-marking of the scripts by a senior examiner in the overseas office. You can choose to get any of the 4 modules or all of them i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking re-evaluated. Revaluation process takes 2-4 weeks and in case there is an increase in the band score in any module, revaluation fee will be refunded and a revised test report form will be issued to you.

1) Filled revaluation application form (Can be downloaded from our website https://www.britishcouncil.in/sites/default/files/ielts_enquiry_on_results_form.pdf Please click on the link and if it doesn’t work please copy paste the link in your internet browser.

4) Processing fees of INR 6500/-. The fees can be paid by demand draft. The demand draft needs to be made in favour of ‘British Council’, payable at 'New Delhi'.

Please send the above mentioned documents to the following address only by courier/post:

One Horizon Centre
6th Floor, Sector 43
DLF Phase V
, Golf Course Road
Gurgaon - 122002, India
Thank once again verma

One Horizon Centre
6th Floor, Sector 43
DLF Phase V
, Golf Course Road
Gurgaon - 122002, India
thanks once again verma

karizma360

Oct 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

(L, R, W, S)

First of all congratulations to finally be able to put an end to your Ielts journey.
But do you mind sharing what your required band score was? How is it that you have received your required score? Your last attempt after revaluation is still not clb 7

gish

Dec 28, 2018
Folks,

I would really appreciate if someone can confirm that does the band on the ielts website always change after the EOR, if the appeal was successful.

I am expecting my trf soon, however the score remains unchanged after the EOR was completed 2 days ago.