12deepan

Oct 12, 2018
I got my CBT results today.

L - 8.5
R - 7.5
W - 6
S - 7

Needed 7 in writing to reach 435.

Will it be worth trying for re evaluation?
is increase of band by 1 even possible?
Has anyone been able to get a increase of 1 band after revaluation?

PS. This was my second attempt.
First attempt paper based 7.5 8 6.5 7 LRWS
Yes, how confident are u with ur writing? Also if u have the money to spare go for it.

Pkpk

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Th
Congrats! Could you please share your EOR date applied ? And When did you get SMS from courier that TRF is dispatched ? Is your Online scores updated now ?
Thanks a lot. I applied for eor on 17th oct. I did not get any sms regarding trf. I called idp after a month and they gave me a tracking number.

Sveemu

Nov 18, 2018
Hello everyone....I got my results today...L-8, R-8,S-6.5 and W-6.5.....My speaking went excellent though....going for revaluation....any comments?

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Hi everyone,

I appeared for computer based test IELTS GT in Melbourne on 3rd November however, I lacked 0.5 band in writing (6.5) and I was quite confident to achieve 7+ score so I filed for EOR. Today I got email that my EOR application is completed and it will be shipped soon. From my previous experience, I know trf takes around a week to reach my home. My online result is still same does that means it's not changed? can I check result online if it's changed or not.

Sverma495

May 10, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

My IELTS journey ends here!

Attempt # : 5
Type : General
Test date : 8th sept 218
Test Centre : Chennai BC
Result date : 21st sept 2018
EoR Application date : 28th sept 2018
EoR Confirmation date : 4th October 2018
EoR Result date : 2nd November 2018
Applied for Writing and Speaking Module

Old LRWS : 8.5 / 7 / 6.5 / 7.5
New LRWS : 8.5 / 7 / 7 / 8

CRS jumped from 418 to 472 ! :)

I was really hopeful on my writing part. But i also felt that my speaking wasn't as bad as i was scored, since i had been scoring an 8+ in all the past attempts. Gave it a shot with speaking too and result was positive.

This was my 5th attempt and my worst nightmare was to get a 7 on the writing module, which i had been missing on every attempt by 0.5.
I was very skeptical about the EoR outcome but thanks to this thread, it gave me a lot of positive vibes about the process & i applied.
REST IS HISTORY! :)

Guys! If you have followed a good writing structure ''proper paragraphing , parapharasing in the intro, each task qualifies to be a separate para and finally concluding with a strong hold on your opinion / answer whatever the objective is", and still if you end up getting a 6.5 or 6, then give it for EoR. Don't think!

Just go for it. ( Not sure for people scoring a 6 & expecting a 1 band increase, becuz i don't think , the markers are that bad in scoring.) Difference of 0.5 is pure subjective error that you can score it back through EoR, IF YOU WERE GOOD with the task.

Good luck with your IELTS journey guys! Be Optimistic! :)
Hi,
My 4th attempt score through Bc is
LWRS : 8.5/6.5/8.5/7.5

Kindly tell me what is the procedure for revaluation, I applied through Bc, test held on 1 nov 2018.

In my previous results, all time i got 7 in writing but less in speaking, and this time they failed me in writing, tell me should I go for revaluation??

Also please share the procedure for revaluation including fees etc.

Sverma495

May 10, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I gave total 4 attempts of ielts GT from BC, chandigarh centre.
In first attempt i got LRWS : 9/9/6/6.5
2nd : LRWS : 8.5/9/7/6.5
3rd : LRWS : 8.5/9/7/6.5
Now latest is 4th : LRWS : 8.5/8.5/6.5/7.5

I need 8777 !!

In writing I am pretty sure of 7 , though I was not confident for speaking but I got 7.5.

Main thing was in my 4th attempt my result was delayed, result enquiry,quality control, the reason was delay in processing..
So Please tell me whether I should go for revaluation, also share if any delayed results people got score increased ..??

Last edited:

beast2124

Nov 19, 2018
Hi All,

L- 8.5
R - 9
W- 6.5
S- 7.5

Should I go for revaluation of writing score as I gave a good writing exam and was expecting above 7 band?

Module- General training (IDP)

Sverma495

May 10, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my results today.
Module - General Training (IDP).
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 9
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 7.5

Should I go for re-evaluation of writing score considering I have already scored 7 in the previous IELTS exam (BC)? I am confident that my writing paper was good.
When was your exam held ??