Mumbai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Feb 2016-BC- Mumbai- LRWS- 6.5/7.5/7/6-

Jan 2018-BC- Mumbai- LRWS- 7.5/7.5/6.5/6.5

Mar 2018-BC- Surat - LRWS- 8/7/6.5/6

May 2018-BC- Mumbai- LRWS- 8/9/7/6.5

This time i spoke far better than what i did in Jan-2018. Waiting for the TRF to apply for EOR.

tanvirsonali

Jun 8, 2018
My results are as follows: L8 R7.5 W6.5 S7.5
I have made an EOR for my results as Im quite sceptic about my results.
I am posting the essay. I wrote on the exams date and it was word for word. I not only remembered my essay but as well as all my reading and listening answers. I made 3 IELTS examiner, who offered correction service, marked this essay and I was awarded. TA7 LR8 GR8 CC 8 = 7.5.
My results baffled my understanding. What do you think of my results and do I have a chance to get my band increased by the missing 0.5 i need? BC told me that it will take around 2 to 4 weeks to get the evaluated results. Please give me your honest opinion.

Question:
Some people say that large international sporting events can cause many problems to the hosting nation and not worthy.
Do you agree or disagree?

Answer:

Organizing large international sporting competitions has become increasingly unpopular among certain demographics of society. These people claim that hosting international sports event is not important as the host country face many issues and as such are not needed. This essay will argue why hosting international sporting competitions is entirely necessary despite potential risks.

People have always been wary of international sports events as they are often subjected to heavy criticisms about being unfair. In addition, they are justifiably worried about the racial and religious wars, which the conflicts of these competitions can generate. Indeed, there have been recorded instances of events among countries, unfortunately initiating wars. These instances have bolstered existing fears in individuals that international sporting events are not necessary and can be harmful to the host nation.

Despite the minor risks associated with organizing major competitions among nations, the idea that they are unnecessary and dangerous is completely preposterous. International sporting events have been organized throughout the world for hundreds of years. The economic growth and diplomatic ties strengthen during these events have been significantly beneficial to the host nation. Football world cup, for example, which will be held in Russia this year, has been a positive impact as people try to adopt the new culture of the host country as well as the legislative bodies can spur their nation's image. Overall, the idea that international competitions are dangerous and unimportant is ill-informed and dangerous itself and could lead to a far worse outcome for society.

In conclusion, this essay argued that people who are against international sporting event and underestimate the effects of what they believe. In my opinion, I believe that hosting international sports competitions is entirely justified despite the small and occasional risks involved.

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Hi All,
I appeared for my 3rd IELTS (GT) attempt on 24th May and got my result today
L - 8.5, R - 7.5 , S - 7.5, W-6.5
For CLB 9, I need to improve 0.5 in Writing section.Therefore,I am planning to re-evaluate my writing section for sure.
My current CRS score - 383
If writing improves by 0.5 giving me 8777 , CRS score would shoot upto 427

Please suggest
1) a) if I should only give one section to be re-evaluated i.e. Writing (where I badly need 0.5 increment) or
b) add Speaking section too (Speaking went well and was expecting atleast 8 this time + if score gets changed money will get refunded).
c) Another option is to give W + R together. If 0.5 increases in both, CRS score would be 430

2) Are the chances more to get the reevaluation result early if given only 1 section for rechecking instead of 2

3) When sending the docs for EOR, do we need to send the original hardcopy result that we receive via courier or the result in pdf format from idp site would work ?

I am really looking forward for a sincere advice as I have already given 3 attempts and have no energy left to go through that grilling process again for the 4th time.

Just FYI, my past results:
1st attempt - LRWS 7.5 8.5 6.5 8
2nd attempt - LRWS 7.5 8.5 7.5 7.5
3rd attempt - LRWS 8.5 7.5 6.5 7.5

All the best to everyone
Hi,
I can imagine how exhausted you must be after 3 attempts.
Let me try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
1) a) if I should only give one section to be re-evaluated i.e. Writing (where I badly need 0.5 increment) or
b) add Speaking section too (Speaking went well and was expecting atleast 8 this time + if score gets changed money will get refunded).
Be realistic here, if you decide to re-evaluate your writing think if you answered all parts of the writing tasks, did you correct your grammar and spelling errors? Did you organise your ideas logically and so on.
If you feel you have done all of that and you deserve a higher score, sure you should apply for remarking.
You can apply for W and S to be reevaluated since that increases your chances of money being refunded.

c) Another option is to give W + R together. If 0.5 increases in both, CRS score would be 430
Reading and Listening scores almost NEVER change.

2) Are the chances more to get the reevaluation result early if given only 1 section for rechecking instead of 2
There's no such guarantee.

3) When sending the docs for EOR, do we need to send the original hardcopy result that we receive via courier or the result in pdf format from idp site would work ?
Yes you need to send the original hardcopy. Also you cannot use the result while you have sent it for remarking.

I am really looking forward for a sincere advice as I have already given 3 attempts and have no energy left to go through that grilling process again for the 4th time.
Again like I mentioned, I understand how you feel but don't give up. I've seen people attempting 8 or 9 times before they got the scores they needed! Good luck!
I hope this helps!

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
An update on this:

Bands : L-8, R- 8.5, W-7.5, S-8
EOR Result : CHANGED

My online score took sometime to updated, IDP increased my one full band for me in Writing. I am satisfied.
Thank you guys and girls, the people on this thread are very supportive.
Congratulations!

Reactions: yeskayk

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hi All,
I will be able to collect my TRF day after only but i have been told that my EOR is completed

Does the score update online!?

tanvirsonali

Jun 8, 2018
My results are as follows: L8 R7.5 W6.5 S7.5
I have made an EOR for my results as Im quite sceptic about my results.
I am posting the essay. I wrote on the exams date and it was word for word. I not only remembered my essay but as well as all my reading and listening answers. I made 3 IELTS examiner, who offered correction service, marked this essay and I was awarded. TA7 LR8 GR8 CC 8 = 7.5.
My results baffled my understanding. What do you think of my results and do I have a chance to get my band increased by the missing 0.5 i need? BC told me that it will take around 2 to 4 weeks to get the evaluated results. Please give me your honest opinion.

Question:
Some people say that large international sporting events can cause many problems to the hosting nation and not worthy.
Do you agree or disagree?

Answer:

Organizing large international sporting competitions has become increasingly unpopular among certain demographics of society. These people claim that hosting international sports event is not important as the host country face many issues and as such are not needed. This essay will argue why hosting international sporting competitions is entirely necessary despite potential risks.

People have always been wary of international sports events as they are often subjected to heavy criticisms about being unfair. In addition, they are justifiably worried about the racial and religious wars, which the conflicts of these competitions can generate. Indeed, there have been recorded instances of events among countries, unfortunately initiating wars. These instances have bolstered existing fears in individuals that international sporting events are not necessary and can be harmful to the host nation.

Despite the minor risks associated with organizing major competitions among nations, the idea that they are unnecessary and dangerous is completely preposterous. International sporting events have been organized throughout the world for hundreds of years. The economic growth and diplomatic ties strengthen during these events have been significantly beneficial to the host nation. Football world cup, for example, which will be held in Russia this year, has been a positive impact as people try to adopt the new culture of the host country as well as the legislative bodies can spur their nation's image. Overall, the idea that international competitions are dangerous and unimportant is ill-informed and dangerous itself and could lead to a far worse outcome for society.

In conclusion, this essay argued that people who are against international sporting event and underestimate the effects of what they believe. In my opinion, I believe that hosting international sports competitions is entirely justified despite the small and occasional risks involved.
Any suggestion and what are my chances to get the 0.5 increase in writing. Can anyone tell me?

Fahota56

Jun 8, 2018
Hi Jay,
I also sat on the 12th and gave only writing for a revaluation on the 26th.
Last morning I wrote to IDP Dubai ok e-mail and by evening I got a SMS and e-mail stating it's done and the TRF can be collected .

You can probably drop a mail to them..
Good luck
Hi All,
I will be able to collect my TRF day after only but i have been told that my EOR is completed

Does the score update online!?
Did your score get updated online after you recieved the idp email that stated they received ur EOR feedback ??

Fahota56

Jun 8, 2018
Got my EOR result today.
Exam date: May 5
Applied for EOR: May 19
EOR released: June 4
Enquiry on writing only.

From 6.0 changed to 6.5 but I need 7.0 inorder for me to get to London. Good thing is I got back my money. I’ll just try again next time. Good luck everyone!!
Did your results get uodated online ?

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Did your score get updated online after you recieved the idp email that stated they received ur EOR feedback ??
Nope.

I got the info on thursday(evening 6ish) and friday idp is closed in dubai. Hence will be able to collect the trf tomorrow

However the result online remains the same
But was told on this thread that thr trf number changes post eor.

Let see. Testing times

Last edited:
Reactions: miatk