+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I just got my results. English is not my mother tongue, although I have spoken it for most of my life.
Overall Band:8.5
Listening:9.0
Reading:9.0
Writing:7.5
Speaking:8.5
Congratulations but did you apply EOR and got remarking or what do you mean?

If yes then what was ur score earlier?

Apr 22, 2018
Hi everyone, I just want to ask if anyone here submitted an EOR in IDP Singapore? Are there any positive results? Im planning to submit an eor this weekend.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
U guys....i've just seen this information about revaluation on the ''Ielts advantage'' website:

''
When You Should NOT Get a Remark
  • One of your other skills is two bands higher.
If one of your other skills is two whole bands higher, you will get an automatic remark in your local test centre. This means that an examiner and a senior examiner have already assessed your test and it is unlikely that a third examiner will have a different opinion.''

Does anyone know something about it?

I saw on others posts that we might get our test remarked when this difference occurs! In others words, the opposite of what is saying above.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hi guys! It's me again.
Fortunately they did change my Speaking from 6.5 to 7, and now I am happy CLB 9 holder.
Thanks to everyone in this thread who shared their results, and GOOD LUCK to those who still struggle!!!
My score now is LWRS - 9 / 7.5 / 7 / 7
Wow.... Congrats mate, I'm happy for you. This calls for celebrations.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
U guys....i've just seen this information about revaluation on the ''Ielts advantage'' website:

''
If one of your other skills is two whole bands higher, you will get an automatic remark in your local test centre. This means that an examiner and a senior examiner have already assessed your test and it is unlikely that a third examiner will have a different opinion.''

I saw on others posts that we might get our test remarked when this difference occurs! In others words, the opposite of what is saying above.
If you go through this thread, you'll discover that the "2 band score" statement is only a myth. Only go for remark if you are confident.

rishabh4000

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018

''

------------------

This is true, that if there is a difference in your bands then the scores comes as jagged which means it will be then be reviewed by a Senior Examiner. Having said that, this does not mean you can not go for re-marking, there are still cases that candidates have been successful in getting higher marks after reevaluation.

Reactions: Archavin89

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Got the EOR result today.
Previous score : L - 8, R - 8.5, S - 7.5, W - 6.5
New Score : L - 8, R - 8.5, S - 8, W - 7.

Test was held at Portland,USA & EOR was uploaded to BC site. The center received the result in 2 weeks. BC is proactively trying to evaluate these scores ASAP. May be for folks in other countries it is taking time up to 12 weeks. Good luck to everyone.

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Got the EOR result today.
Previous score : L - 8, R - 8.5, S - 7.5, W - 6.5
New Score : L - 8, R - 8.5, S - 8, W - 7.

Test was held at Portland,USA & EOR was uploaded to BC site. The center received the result in 2 weeks. BC is proactively trying to evaluate these scores ASAP. May be for folks in other countries it is taking time up to 12 weeks. Good luck to everyone.
EOR was uploaded to BC site? Is it the regular ielts results page? I thought EOR results are only available via a new TRF form.

ravdeep91

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Vancouver
AOR Received.
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Passport Req..
21-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2018
LANDED..........
24-01-2019
L - 9
R - 8
S - 7
W - 6

I have a difference of 3 bands in my scores. However I have still applied for remarking today! Hoping for a miracle to happen as 1 band increase is very rare. And also the theory that if you have a difference of 2 then senior examiner goes through the result.

Keeping all these aspects in mind, went with the remarking because this time I followed the fucking structure in Letter and Essays and also added some idioms. To my surprise, adding these idioms and following a structure has made my bands fall down to 6 from 7(which was my previous attempt).

Fingers Crossed! Hoping for an increase of 1 :|