+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
I got Ielts score of 6.5 overall. 7.5 in listening, 6.5 in reading and speaking, and 5.5 in writing. Overall score is fine. But i need 6 in writing to be eligible.I gave my test through AEO. Should i go for revaluation ?
I would suggest that you should take some time to study and improve your English to make it possible for you to achieve 8777 (LRWS). That would boost your score significantly.

marko08

Feb 26, 2018
I would suggest that you should take some time to study and improve your English to make it possible for you to achieve 8777 (LRWS). That would boost your score significantly.
i am fine with overall score. i just need 6 in writing. so should i go for revaluation. my current writing score is 5.5

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Anyone else here who’s applied for eor in October / November and is still waiting for the result ?

JayPei

Jul 2, 2017
Got old TRF back via courier, no change. No notification by SMS or email.
Got another message from them : the results will be further delayed , another update on 9th March....already 12 weeks passed... still they need two more weeks .. ( only for writing revaluation!!! )...Hoping for the best....

dilipb

Jul 18, 2012
Hi @dilipb,
Tough luck on the Speaking score, and given your past results, a revaluation stands a high chance to help raise your marks.
To answer your queries:
I) No, your score can either go up or stay unchanged. There is no chance of a decreased score.
II) You can collect your TFR from the centre while applying for the revaluation with the EoR form and paying the fees at the counter. It’s faster to do it that way, and you get only 6 weeks to apply for a remark, and it takes between 2 to 6 weeks for the results to arrive, so I’d recommend you act fast.
III) Since you gave your exam through IDP, it’s a much faster process. You can get the results in as little as 2 weeks, or a maximum of 6 weeks. Note you cannot use the old TRF since it is being contested and this might delay the EE application process for you. If you’re in a hurry, you can parallely apply for a retest, get new scores at the same time (or even before) as the re-mark result and decide which scores to use finally for your EE application.
Thanks for the reply.
I got my TRF today. I filled the required forms and couriered to home branch, should reach there in a day.
Do you think I should have submitted at the local test centre, so that it could have speeded the process?

whosharma

Hello All,
I got my test result which was quite unexpected.
I appeared for the IELTS Exam in Thailand and got above 8 bands in all sections except writing in which I got 6 bands only.
My English is very basic but I was confident enough to crack writing exam with 7 bands.
Today, I applied for writing remarking and hoping to get desirable result.

Original score (LRWS): 8.5,8, 6, 8
WAIT TIME: 6 WEEKS
EXPECTED RESULT DATE: Apr'18

FINGERS CROSSED...!!

Last edited:

Armour

Oct 28, 2017
I got a notification this morning from blue dart regarding a waybill number of a courier from British Council with expected delivery date of 26th. I believe it is the same case as yours as the centre is not even bothered to inform anything.
Received the courier today. Following is the outcome:
Test date: 28th October 2017.
EOR date: 21st November 2017.
Test centre: British Council, Ludhiana (India).
Original score: LRWS 8.5,7,6.5,6.5.
Revised score: LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,6.5.
Writing score increased by 1 band but speaking score remained unchanged. So, after a wait of 14 weeks I will have to retake the exam. Luckily I had applied for March 3rd exam through IDP Amritsar (India) this time. My speaking test is tomorrow and I hope I will clear it this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmemm07

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Received the courier today. Following is the outcome:
Test date: 28th October 2017.
EOR date: 21st November 2017.
Test centre: British Council, Ludhiana (India).
Original score: LRWS 8.5,7,6.5,6.5.
Revised score: LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,6.5.
Writing score increased by 1 band but speaking score remained unchained. So, after a wait of 14 weeks I will have to retake the exam. Luckily I had applied for March 3rd exam through IDP Amritsar (India) this time. My speaking test is tomorrow and I hope I will clear it this time.
Congratulations for score increase by 1 band. I hope you get the desired score in the next test. Goodluck!
Thanks for keeping us posted. Much appreciated!

Reactions: Armour

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
need some insight guys...
In case there is a change in revaluation, will that be reflected online in IDP results site?

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I had taken through IDP in US on Feb 10th. I haven't received the TRF yet but would like to apply for EOR. The test center is far from my home and they are neither responding to emails nor phone. Can anyone please share information on how to apply for EOR

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
I had taken through IDP in US on Feb 10th. I haven't received the TRF yet but would like to apply for EOR. The test center is far from my home and they are neither responding to emails nor phone. Can anyone please share information on how to apply for EOR
If they are not communicating it just makes it tough as you will not be able to apply for EOR without submitting the original TRF.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
@Micky345 I got an update that the next update will be given on 9th March. I’m so done asking customer service questions. I’m not going to call them and waste any more energy.
What about you, did you get the result ?
Neither I got results nor are they replying to any of my emails or phone calls. My next update has also passed. It’s been 4 months as I applied in last week of October. God knows what they are upto.

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Neither I got results nor are they replying to any of my emails or phone calls. My next update has also passed. It’s been 4 months as I applied in last week of October. God knows what they are upto.
Oh god ! Did you get the message for 9th March update though ?

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
@Micky345 I really think you could expect the eor anytime in the post now since @Armour received the eor. I stay in Northern India as well. I’m guessing it’ll be arriving in the next 7-10 days. Don’t lose hope !