+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
Hey,
I understand your frustration. I took the exam on 27th July and was very confident that I would get at least a 7 in writing. Unfortunately I scored only 6.5. My other scores were LRS 9 9 8 and overall 8. I applied for EOR on 18th August and got a negative reply on 27th. But I would still suggest that you take a chance and apply for EOR. All the best
Thank you for the response. The fee for a re-score is $250CAD which is way more than I expected, but I guess I will still go for it

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Thank you for the response. The fee for a re-score is $250CAD which is way more than I expected, but I guess I will still go for it
I guess the EOR fee varies from country to country. It cost me around USD 95 only which is approx CAD125. If it is more than the actual fee then it wouldn't be wise to go for EOR.

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
I guess the EOR fee varies from country to country. It cost me around USD 95 only which is approx CAD125. If it is more than the actual fee then it wouldn't be wise to go for EOR.
It's $330 for the actual test. I'm not sure if $250 is worth it seeing as it isn't guaranteed.. honestly don't know what to do here

Reactions: Dheana90

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Reactions: eunisgreen

eunisgreen

Jun 5, 2013
Then you should thoroughly go through the band descriptor. Try this link: https://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2-band-scores-5-to-8/
If you feel that your writing fulfills the requirements of a higher band then go for it. I hope you succeed. Good luck.
Thank you. I got someone to go over my essay structure and they said I answered the Agree/Disagree in more of an Advantage vs Disadvantage way. Is that a big fuck up that could drop me from a 7 to 6.5? I can provide you my essay layout too if you could give me some advises on it.

Reactions: dudhatparesh

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Thank you. I got someone to go over my essay structure and they said I answered the Agree/Disagree in more of an Advantage vs Disadvantage way. Is that a big fuck up that could drop me from a 7 to 6.5? I can provide you my essay layout too if you could give me some advises on it.
I wish I could help you. But I sincerely think I am not the right person for that as I myself am not aware of what pulled my score down to 6.5. However, there is a thread on this forum where I have seen people getting their essays reviewed. That thread may help you. Here's the link https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/page-150#post-8128358

Umera

Apr 7, 2017
IELTS Success Story (2nd Attempt)
17 August, 2019
GT IDP
Listening 9
Reading 9
Writing 7
Speaking 7

My first attempt was with BC on 29 June
L 9
R 9
W 7
S 6.5(EOR was unsuccessful)
First attempt was with full dedication.
Got disheartened but one of my friends persuaded me to take the test again and also I avoided filling Canada Immigration.
In my second attempt,I didn't prepare at all and just went in with a clear mind and cracked it.
Congratulations!!! What did you mention the reason for giving exam? If not Canada immigration.

rtheone

Jul 28, 2019
Hi, I took IELTS with BC at Singapore on 20/7.
My score for L/R/W/S is 9/8.5/7.5/6.5
I am planning to apply for Remarking for Speaking, hoping for atleast 0.5 increase(CRS score will increase by 50 pts!).
What are my chances, for the same?
HI.. I got my EOR result after emailing BC last week friday. My speaking score increased by 1(Now 7.5) :). My 2 cents: If you really think you did well and deserve better than you were marked, please apply for EoR.

Last edited:

nehaneeraj

May 29, 2018
Hi All,

Official IELTS website says that it takes 2-28 days for EOR. I have applied for reevalutation on 30th August for writing module ( Paper based IELTS general test ). Any idea how much time it should actually take ?