+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
You are absolutely right. I sat for IELTS twice within one and a half month and my scores are following:

LRWS: 8.5 9 7.5 6.5 (30th September, Ottawa, BC)
LRWS: 9 8.5 6.5 7 (11th November, Dhaka, BC)

Is this a joke or what?
It's joke for BC people. I think they unintentionally score 0.5 less in writing or speaking, so that they can earn revenues from additional tests. In such scenarios only few people almost 10% or even less are scored more than 7.

I have also observed less deserving people going ahead in this race just because of sheer luck.

Try for reval. All the best!

Reactions: saha_pritam

Reindeer1234

Sep 13, 2017
Well, the long wait of 13 weeks is finally over & EOR for my speaking test has come positive. The speaking band increased from 6. 5 to 7 and I have finally managed to achieve the desired scores in IELTS.

Existing -L 8. 5, R 7. 5, S 6.5, W 7
Revised -L 8. 5, R 7. 5, S 7, W 7

Reactions: Geebee525

moussy

May 20, 2017
Well, the long wait of 13 weeks is finally over & EOR for my speaking test has come positive. The speaking band increased from 6. 5 to 7 and I have finally managed to achieve the desired scores in IELTS.

Congratulations

13 weeks is a long time

My results are 8.5/7.5/6.5/6 and I thought I deserved to get 7 at least in both speaking and writing
I applied for EoR and the result was negative

Exam Partner: IDP
Revaluation Submission Date: 03 Dec17
Subject: Speaking 6.5 & Writing 6 ( I thought I should get 7 at least )
Revaluation Completion Date: 19 Dec 2017
Result: Negative

I am suspicious because it took them only 16 days to answer me, is there a way to escalate this to main IDP Australia or get another EoR?

Armour

Oct 28, 2017

That's awesome! Congratulations..
What was your test center?
I'm also waiting for my EOR outcome. However, chances are less as I need a raise of 0.5 in both speaking and writing.

B4uu

Dec 23, 2017
My result came in on 22nd dec with LRWS 8.5/7/6/8.5 I am shocked with writing result coz i was expecting atleast 7. Can writing and speaking score be more than 1.5 different? Should I go for EoR? Anybody with same result?

Reindeer1234

Sep 13, 2017
Congratulations

13 weeks is a long time

My results are 8.5/7.5/6.5/6 and I thought I deserved to get 7 at least in both speaking and writing
I applied for EoR and the result was negative

Exam Partner: IDP
Revaluation Submission Date: 03 Dec17
Subject: Speaking 6.5 & Writing 6 ( I thought I should get 7 at least )
Revaluation Completion Date: 19 Dec 2017
Result: Negative

I am suspicious because it took them only 16 days to answer me, is there a way to escalate this to main IDP Australia or get another EoR?
You can file an appeal but it doesn't mean that it will be remarked again immediately. This committee will try to understand on how the remark was carried out & if it deviates from standard procedures then committee can order for a remarking again but chances are very minimal. Moreover i have seen people getting positive response in just 2 weeks of EOR hence duration of EOR shouldn't have any reflection on your results.

Reindeer1234

Sep 13, 2017
That's awesome! Congratulations..
What was your test center?
I'm also waiting for my EOR outcome. However, chances are less as I need a raise of 0.5 in both speaking and writing.
BC, India. I have seen people getting a increase in both the sections hence there are chances that you can actually get an positive response but the wait is the most disgusting part in the entire process.

Reactions: Armour

ysf

Mar 12, 2017
Same
BC, India. I have seen people getting a increase in both the sections hence there are chances that you can actually get an positive response but the wait is the most disgusting part in the entire process.
Same for me. I had 8,8,6.5,6.5 in LRSW . Submitted my EOR on the 27th November at BC Lagos, Nigeria. I hope and pray I get a positive response as I have not had problem with SW in my previous two attempts. I am sick and tired of writing more ielts.

May 3, 2017

Congratulations for your increase in score and your future.
My score was 8.5. 7.5. 7.5. 6.5.
I have also filed EOR. Hope so, i will also get good news in the days to come.

Abrupt_id

Dec 25, 2017
I gave my exam on 2nd of December in Dubai and received the following result on the 16th -

Reading 9.0
Speaking 8.5
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5

I was utterly disappointed as the result is useless for me due to 0.5 missing in writing. Hence I filed for EOR on 16th of December itself.

What are my chances?

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi guys
I am here to encourage you who are having a hard time deciding if going for EoR or not.

I went for EoR and am recently informed that my score in writing has been improved by 1 from 6 to 7, which was the only hindrance in getting myself to apply for a PR. Now all is turned around and I am on the verge of putting myself into the PR pool.

I would like to say that if you feel you deserve better scores, just go for EoR regardless of what others say.(myself included)

When I visited the test center to apply for EoR, some staffs there discouraged me not to go for it saying that its success rate is pretty low and it is not worth the cost, but I insistently went for it since I couldn't really understand why I should have gotten that low score which I had never received in my past pratice tests with my teachers who used to be examiners.
In hindsight, I was right!!
As I was, so will you!

My original score
L 8.5 R 8.5 W 6 S 7 (Sep 09 2017)
----- Asked for W, S -----
Changed score after EoR
L 8.5 R 8.5 W 7 S 7 (mid Dec 2017)
*Speaking unchanged
*The processing time was about 8 weeks as informed.

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
My scores:
L:8.5 R:9 W:7 S:8.5
I have also taken two Academic IELTS tests before for other purposes, but somehow no matter how much I studied, my writing scores never went higher than 7.5. I somehow think they are very reluctant to give high scores even if the person deserves it...

Yasir125

Dec 25, 2017
I have applied for a remark on 29th october for 14th October test Ielts Academic, in Sharjah, UAE.

My score:

Overall: 7.0

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0

I need a 0.5 increase in any of the modules to get an overall of 7.5.

It has been more than 8 weeks but I haven't received anything from the center so far. What to do?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.