+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Shruthy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hmm..
Hello Shruthy, I applied for my EOR for the reading and listening as I was sure that I did better in listening. Unfortunately, the result stayed the same even after EOR.
Sorry to hear that

Hopes are dying. I have also done the same, will update once i get the result.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi,
I applied for EOR on 13th Aug at Jeddah British Council desperately hoping for a 0.5 increase in writing scores. Its been over 11 weeks and i am still waiting for my EOR results. I even lodged a complaint to British council for the delay in processing.
The wait is testing my patience.. Lets hope for the best.
Alhamdhulillah..

After a long wait of almost 12 weeks, I got my writing score increased from 6.5 to 7.0.
The delay in processing time was testing my patience, however a big relief now.

My new IELTS score:

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall Band Score 7.5

Now I can say good bye to IELTS.. Thanks for the support and wish all the rest of you waiting for EOR, Best of Luck.:)

mrujan

Aug 27, 2017
Hi,

My husband's score is L 8.5, R 7.5, W 7.5 and S 6.5. Would remarking help for speaking? What is the probability for speaking to increase to 7? We only need a 7 here.

The examiner was too stern. Please suggest ASAP.

Retaking the test is also an option though the next date he can take in still 2 months away.

The 0.5 mark is bothering me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mike sammy

Nov 5, 2017
Hi pals pls guide I have got List 6.5. Read 6.5. Writing 7. Speaking 7.5. I doubt my score in listening and reading is less.will u suggest what

RazaKazmie

Sep 1, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Hi pals pls guide I have got List 6.5. Read 6.5. Writing 7. Speaking 7.5. I doubt my score in listening and reading is less.will u suggest what
Hello, I do not think that you should go for EOR specially for L and R. As per my experience, it never changed. However Writing and Speaking have better chances for increase.
Best of luck

A Zee

Nov 12, 2017
Received my score yesterday:

L: 7.5 R: 7 W:7 S:6.5.

Going for a remark on speaking. I hope it will be positive as I'm quite sure.

P.S. I've researched a lot on the re-marking criterion of IELTS and I would like to say that they NEVER EVER change the scores in listening and reading. So, my those bro and sis, who have been thinking about re-marking for L or R (keeping in view that they've scored less than 7), DO NOT GO FOR RE-MARK AS IT WON'T HELP AND YOU'LL BE WASTING YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY. Instead, sit in another exam after preparing hard.

A Zee

Nov 12, 2017
D
Don't go for remarking, as your listening and reading scores will never change. You'll waste your hard-earned money. Try sitting in another exam with more preparation. Thanks!

A Zee

Nov 12, 2017
Hi All

Is there anyone who has got their scores increased for listening and reading??

Thnks
It doesn't happen especially for listening and reading. Please understand that Listening and Reading parts are objective. It means that the examiners have to mark based on the right or wrong answers that they have been provided with. So, let's suppose, if you're going for a remark again, they will follow the same answer sheet to review your scores and you'll again get the same scores after 1.5 or even 2 months of wait.

BETTER TO CONSIDER RE-MARKING FOR YOUR WRITING OR SPEAKING SCORES...

Thanks

A Zee

Nov 12, 2017
Hi,

My husband's score is L 8.5, R 7.5, W 7.5 and S 6.5. Would remarking help for speaking? What is the probability for speaking to increase to 7? We only need a 7 here.

The examiner was too stern. Please suggest ASAP.

Retaking the test is also an option though the next date he can take in still 2 months away.

The 0.5 mark is bothering me.

Thanks!
Please keep in mind that if you're 100% confident that you've been given a low score but you deserve more, then try going for a remark. Never ever go for re-marking if you think that you've not performed well but would like to gamble keeping in mind that your score would increase. This won't work. I've researched a lot and come to a conclusion that those candidates, who're really positive about their strengths get an increase in re-marking. In the end, the decision's yours! Thanks

P.S. I'm also going to apply for a remark on my Speaking Module this Monday!!

A Zee

Nov 12, 2017
Wh
Hi everyone,

I read this post from page 1 to latest and I found this forum is very motivating and many ppl situation are the same as me. I took 2 test before and the results are as follow:

21st August (IDP)
Overall Band:7.5
Listening:7.5
Reading:8.5
Writing:6.5:mad:
Speaking:6.5:mad:

30th Sept (BC) - Online result release date 13/10/17
Overall Band:7.5
Listening:8.5
Reading:7.0
Writing:6.5:mad:
Speaking:

For the 1st test i did not request for EOR because i did not prepare at all. I took for 2nd test and i expect myself to do better as i did a lot of preparation and put in many effort. I am confident that my writing is better than the first test. I will submit my EOR tomorrow and hope for all the best.:(:( 10 week waiting duration is really a pain in the ass.
What is your purpose for taking IELTS? Is it Canadian Immigration?

daisyok

Jun 5, 2017
I have taken IELTS GT on 28th Oct, my score is

L-8.5 R-9 S-8 W-6

is there any chance my W score would be improved further?
I was quite confident to score 7+ in W
Go for EOR immediately, i can almost bet you will get an increase. Also took on 28th Oct and had L-8.5 R-8 S-7 W-6.5. I am going to apply for EOR tomorrow. The earlier you put in, the better.All the best!

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Go for EOR immediately, i can almost bet you will get an increase. Also took on 28th Oct and had L-8.5 R-8 S-7 W-6.5. I am going to apply for EOR tomorrow. The earlier you put in, the better.All the best!
Wow..you seems to be optimistic about the increase..i have also sent eor for my writing module on 26th oct.. awaiting the outcome..hope for the best!

Varun pahwa

Nov 14, 2017
I got overall 7 bands but i need 8 bands my scores was W5.5 L7 R 7.5 S7.5 so now i neeed 6.5 in W or 8 in S and i am very confident about my writting should i go for EOR ?? Plzz suggest.