+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I only needed a 0.5 in the EOR of my writing to push my score, and went for it, and got the score I needed (and applied for a refund). If you're confident with how you did on your speaking, then definitely submit an EOR!
But I am worried that, if I get ITA for 438 and my score changes, I'll get a different TRF than I mentioned in my profile. It may become misrepresentation. Thoughts ?

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I spoke to IELTS administrator he said can't cancel! Thanks
I am also worried with the same issue. Confused whether to give for EOR. Currently I have 438. I may get 441 if I give for speaking EOR.

What is happened in your case ?

Thanos

May 9, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am already in Canada and received the AOR on the same day that I submitted my application, I received AOR on Jun 25th and PPR on 1st Aug, sent my passport to Ottawa on 2nd Aug and received the Passport today 9th Aug along with COPR. Hope this helps.
That was quick. goodluck

TCA_globetrotter

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
But I am worried that, if I get ITA for 438 and my score changes, I'll get a different TRF than I mentioned in my profile. It may become misrepresentation. Thoughts ?
My CRS score jumped from 417 to 475 with the 0.5 increase in my writing score. So I knew that I wouldn't get selected for sure with the previous score, which is why I went ahead with my EOR.

From what I've observed this year, the CRS score jumps only when they hold the draw after 3 weeks (or after a week). It seems to have stabilized around 440-442 this year. Unless the frequency of the draw increases, it doesn't seem like it will drop as far as 438, and you have to keep in mind that there are many individuals around your score, too, so the EE profile created date will come into play for the tie-break. These are just my thoughts, though, anything could happen. I took my first IELTS on 30th June, submitted an EOR on 14th July, and then ended up also signing up for another IELTS (for 2nd August). However, I got my EOR before my second IELTS, and ended up wasting money there, and also time because I went ahead and took the second IELTS for no reason. But I'm happy things worked out anyway, and I got my ITA the next round.

If I were you I'd submit an EOR, and possibly think of taking another IELTS (if you're in a hurry to migrate).

Thanos

May 9, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi! Got my IELTS result and I’m thinking of going EoR. I got L8.5 R8.0 S7.0 W6.5. Uggghh, lacking of 0.5. Do you think it’s worth a try?
Go for it....if u are confident
I revently have received my new TRF with changed scores in wirting.
Previous LRWS 8.5 8 6.5 7
NEW LRWS 8.5 8 7 7
New TRF came with same TRF number or different one?

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
New TRF comes with the old number!
Are you 100% sure (same TRF number with new score) ? I was worried about TRF number change. If I get the old number, I can put the original TRF number in my EE profile without any tension. Many people are saying TRF number will change if score changes.

Was the test with BC or IDP ?

TCA_globetrotter

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Are you 100% sure (same TRF number with new score) ? I was worried about TRF number change. If I get the old number, I can put the original TRF number in my EE profile without any tension. Many people are saying TRF number will change if score changes.

Was the test with BC or IDP ?
Mine was BC. My score changed, and I got the same TRF number.

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Mine was BC. My score changed, and I got the same TRF number.
Thanks for the reply, will it possible to update the IELTS score, result date after receiving ITA with the old score and test result date ? Because when they check with the number the score and date will be different than that I have mentioned in my EE profile.

TCA_globetrotter

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thanks for the reply, will it possible to update the IELTS score, result date after receiving ITA with the old score and test result date ? Because when they check with the number the score and date will be different than that I have mentioned in my EE profile.
You will not be able to change the IELTS score after receiving the ITA. In the event that your score does change, your only option would be to decline the ITA, update your score, and wait for a new round. I know, it's a very rough decision to make being so close to the cut-off.

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
You will not be able to change the IELTS score after receiving the ITA. In the event that your score does change, your only option would be to decline the ITA, update your score, and wait for a new round. I know, it's a very rough decision to make being so close to the cut-off.
How many weeks did it take to receive the new TRF after submitting for EOR ?

TCA_globetrotter

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
How many weeks did it take to receive the new TRF after submitting for EOR ?
My center said it would take a minimum of 8-11 weeks to get the EOR back (which is why I registered for a new test). However, I heard back in less than 10 business days, which was surprising! I wasted money on a new test because my center said it would take so long to process.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
My center said it would take a minimum of 8-11 weeks to get the EOR back (which is why I registered for a new test). However, I heard back in less than 10 business days, which was surprising! I wasted money on a new test because my center said it would take so long to process.
By center you mean BC office or the place you took the exam ?