+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Nourlsa89

Jul 20, 2018
Thank you for giving me more motivation and courage to ask for remarks. Actually, on the test day, Writing was my most confident as my studying major and task 2 were so relevant and Listening was the least one as I missed many questions (I can only guess multiple choice parts). However, the score shocks me for the whole day.
Good things take time ✌

Ehsanchan

Jul 20, 2018
Hi all,

I just received my IELTS result this morning, and it was disappointing. I only got 5 in speaking (L6.5 R7 and W6). This is my third test since the previous test I failed on writing which was only 5.5).

So far I never got less than 7 for speaking. I believe I did quite well like two tests before. Should I go ahead for EoR?

Thank You :(

Nourlsa89

Jul 20, 2018
Hi all,

I just received my IELTS result this morning, and it was disappointing. I only got 5 in speaking (L6.5 R7 and W6). This is my third test since the previous test I failed on writing which was only 5.5).

So far I never got less than 7 for speaking. I believe I did quite well like two tests before. Should I go ahead for EoR?

Sorry to hear that, i was disappointed by my W score today as well...
It really depends on your desired score...
If you’re looking to increase your speaking by 0.5 or 1 then yes it is worth the try.
If you’re looking for a band score 7 then i suggest you do the test again.
Wish you the best of luck

Smita11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
I had
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 6

I opted for EoR and got
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 7

My case had two odds: 1) There was difference of more than 2 with other section, 2) I was expecting a jump of a band, which I was told not to expect by many.

I believe If you are confident of your writing, you should opt for EoR.
Hi what about reading ? My score is

L 8
R 6.5
W 7
S 7.5

But according to me I should get 8 or 7.5 atleast
My most answers were correct.

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Hi what about reading ? My score is

L 8
R 6.5
W 7
S 7.5

But according to me I should get 8 or 7.5 atleast
My most answers were correct.

It is highly unlikely that remark will be beneficial for either reading or listening sections. You see, these sections tend to have fixed answers. Therefore, there is little to no subjectivity in assessing your answer. Save yourself money and time, and take the exam again.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi all,

5 is too low for someone who has previously scored 7. If you are confident that you did well and specially covered task 2 well (not going off-topic completely, not answering all bullet points) then for sure go ahead with remark.

Indo_canada

Jul 21, 2018
Hi,

I have given IELTS 3 times:

Latest results: L: 8.5 R:8.5 W:6.5 S:7. I need 0.5 bands more in writing but every time I am stuck with 6.5. This time I am going for EOR as I had practiced both Task 1 & 2 and the exam went really well.

Should I put EOR for all the sections or only for writing?

Also, this speaking exam went better than the last time when I got 8. I was expecting at least 8 in speaking.

This hits on capabilities.

Ehsanchan

Jul 20, 2018
5 is too low for someone who has previously scored 7. If you are confident that you did well and specially covered task 2 well (not going off-topic completely, not answering all bullet points) then for sure go ahead with remark.
Yeah, in the end I requested IDP to remark on my speaking test, hopefully it turns up to be better score *fingercrossed

Reactions: nns14

saani

Jul 29, 2017
There are many success stories regarding EOR but unfortunately in my case it was unchanged twice. So i think better to go for retake rather than wasting money on EOR.
My 1st attempt SCORE WAS
R/L/w/S. 9/8.5/7.5/6.5.. BC.. went for EOR .. result.. unchanged
2nd Attemp
R/L/W/S 8.5/8.5/6.5/7.., IDP... submitted EOR.. unchallenged
3rd Attemp.. R/L/W/S. 8.5/8.5/7/7.5. IDP

Finally IELTs journey is over . But what I learned that EOR is only money making nothingelse..

Jul 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

DIP, Dubai
Test center in Hilton Sharjah

RLWS 8/8/6.5./8

Applied for EoR. I was told at the reception that it is normally evaluated in 2 weeks in UAE, as they have someone who is actually checking it from here, they do not send it to UK. What is more, the receptionist told me that marks are usually increased 0.5. after EoR.

Reactions: nns14

alicia0110

Jul 22, 2018
Hi All,

I've just received my IELTS result from IDP Malaysia
I had
L-8.5
R-9.0
S-7.5
W-6.0

I need a 6.5 in each section to pass my requirement. Do you think I should opt for an EoR? Please help me, I really need advice !! Thanks in advance !!

Saodani

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,
1st attempt IELTS 24th May’2018: BC
LRWS: 7/6.5/7/6.5

2nd attempt IELTS 7th July: IDP
LRWS: 8.5/8/6.5/7

I want to increase .5 in writing. Should I go for Rescore?
In both attempts I did self study. No professional evaluation for my writing ever.

siveenks

Jul 11, 2018
Hi,
1st attempt IELTS 24th May’2018: BC
LRWS: 7/6.5/7/6.5

2nd attempt IELTS 7th July: IDP
LRWS: 8.5/8/6.5/7

I want to increase .5 in writing. Should I go for Rescore?
In both attempts I did self study. No professional evaluation for my writing ever.
Hi,
As you were able to get 7 for writing in first attempt, there is a good chance that you may get an increase in EoR. It also depends upon what you feel. If you feel more confident on the way you wrote on the second attempt, when compared to the first attempt, you should go ahead with EoR. But if you feel that you couldn't do better than the first attempt, then don't try.