+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocation for higher studies after AOR

topsyturvy

Apr 18, 2018
Dear Seniors,

Thanks to all the wisdom shared on this forum that I was able to submit my e-APR this week on outland FSW programme myself and I am sorry for the long post. However, around the same time I got admission to a 1 year MS in Netherlands which I keenly want to attend for career advancement. My initial plan was to complete the MS and then relocate to Canada, if I am granted the PR. However, the relocation would take 10-11 months as per the normal timelines that I see here. I stumbled upon a post where a spouse PR was rejected as CIC was not convinced on the sponsor's intend to return to Canada in the near future. I was wondering if the intend to reside in Canada immediately is applicable only for sponsors or for other streams like FSW outland as well? If so, I would need to wait till a decision is made on my PR application and then reapply to the MS. I am supposed to let the university know my decision on the admission at the earliest. Could you please share some light on this? Thanks in advance.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
I'd say go for the MS in the Netherlands.
In general, applying for PR means you intend to live in Canada. 1 year MS out of Canada is no big deal.

topsyturvy

Apr 18, 2018
I'd say go for the MS in the Netherlands.
In general, applying for PR means you intend to live in Canada. 1 year MS out of Canada is no big deal.
Thanks Shannon. But my question was slightly different. I would need to join the MS before the PR decision is made and therefore would need to let CIC know about the change in my circumstances and address. As it is a 1 year MS, I will not be able to relocate to Canada till the course completion which means nearly a year after my PR is approved (IF it is I mean)..My question is would that be a reason for PR rejection under the 'intent to live in Canada' reason that I have seen for many sponsors on this forum; I mean does this reason apply to FSW outland too? Thanks.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>My question is would that be a reason for PR rejection under the 'intent to live in Canada' reason that I have seen for many sponsors on this forum; I mean does this reason apply to FSW outland too?

In my opinion, it's unlikely that aking 1 year MS counts a lot against intent to live in Canada.

topsyturvy

Apr 18, 2018
>My question is would that be a reason for PR rejection under the 'intent to live in Canada' reason that I have seen for many sponsors on this forum; I mean does this reason apply to FSW outland too?

In my opinion, it's unlikely that aking 1 year MS counts a lot against intent to live in Canada.
Thank you! That sounds a bit positive.