+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

relocating

elifkitapci

Jul 20, 2009
Hey;

I am going to move to Turkey. I applied for a Canadian Class Experience in February and already sent my medical to Ottawa. I checked the E-Cas and CIC still hasn't decided on my medical exam since my application is still "in process". I know it says that I should fax them my new address. Should I mail or fax? Or is there anything else that I can do in regards to this.
Also, I was wondering if me moving to Turkey means that CIC in Buffalo will send all my forms to the Turkey office and everything will start over in Turkey. Or would the office in Turkey take from where the Buffalo office left off?

Thanks

Elif

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they will not send your application anywhere else even if you leave canada (that is an exception only for the CEC category)

All CEC applications are to be processed in Buffalo visa office until further notification (these are the instruction in that regard from the immigration department for the CEC category).

If an applicant has already applied under the CEC category from his country after he left canada, the visa office which serves his country of nationality after checking his eligibility will transfer his file immediatly by courier (and not the diplomatic bag to be faster) to Buffalo visa office to process his application and any direct communications required by Buffalo such as interviews will be held in the visa office in his country of nationality on behalf of Buffalo.

However, my advice for you is to wait for a while until you get your visa stamped from Buffalo office because in the CEC category the entire process might be finalized within 3 to 5 months, and as you say, you have done your medicals so you are in the very last stage, and you might get your passport request within a couple of months or less.