+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

religious worker & family

finnishmusic

Nov 1, 2017
Hi,
I am looking forward to get a job offer from a church to work as a church musician for them.
As my job would involve promoting the faith I consider I would be able to apply for a work permit for religious/charitable work.
Should my employer get LMIA for employing me?
Is it possible to get a work permit for this particular job if the church is not able to pay me for a full-time job?
Or am I able to enhance my work permit so that I could work for another employer too?
I also have my spouse and a baby child who would follow me to Canada. Is my spouse eligible to get an open work permit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I am looking forward to get a job offer from a church to work as a church musician for them.
As my job would involve promoting the faith I consider I would be able to apply for a work permit for religious/charitable work.
Should my employer get LMIA for employing me?
Is it possible to get a work permit for this particular job if the church is not able to pay me for a full-time job?
Or am I able to enhance my work permit so that I could work for another employer too?
I also have my spouse and a baby child who would follow me to Canada. Is my spouse eligible to get an open work permit?
Hi

I don't see how being a church musician could be considered charitable work and it will not fall under the exemption for religious workers. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/permit/clergy.asp

There is no point in applying for an LMIA if the church can't afford to pay you a proper wage.

Emmanuel98

Nov 12, 2017
I am looking forward to get a job offer from a church to work as a church cleaner, wash church cars, and clean church environment

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am looking forward to get a job offer from a church to work as a church cleaner, wash church cars, and clean church environment
These jobs are not LMIA exempt. Your employer will need to get an LMIA in addition to giving you a job offer.