+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reliability security clearance

Cheggy

Sep 14, 2021
Hello, I live in canada for past 7 years, i got PR in 2018, not citizen yet.
In past few years i have visited my home country, and few other countries (for treatment and religious purpose) multiple times, but never stayed outside of Canada for more than 4 months in a row.

Recently I got a job in power industry and my company applied for level-1 clearance on behalf of me. It has been more than 3 months and I am still not hearing back. I have submitted an ATIP request one and a half month ago, and it said my clearence is still in progress.
I have an excellent credit history and do not have any criminal record, so far.

Anyone here also recently experienced or is experiencing similar kind of delay in this year 2021? Will appreciate if you share your experience. Thanks.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
In past few years i have visited my home country, and few other countries (for treatment and religious purpose) multiple times, but never stayed outside of Canada for more than 4 months in a row.

Recently I got a job in power industry and my company applied for level-1 clearance on behalf of me. It has been more than 3 months and I am still not hearing back. I have submitted an ATIP request one and a half month ago, and it said my clearence is still in progress.

Anyone here also recently experienced or is experiencing similar kind of delay in this year 2021? Will appreciate if you share your experience. Thanks.
I got my clearances in about 2 months. The longest delay was getting the criminal records from my home country (UK)

Cheggy

Sep 14, 2021
I got my clearances in about 2 months. The longest delay was getting the criminal records from my home country (UK)
But in that case you stayed outside of canada longer than 6 months in the 5 years time frame right?

zain321

May 13, 2021

How long it took you to eventually get your clearance?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
How long it took you to eventually get your clearance?
As someone that has done security checks on the Federal Level , and for an airline . It takes as long as it takes . Worked with someone it took six months . Another a year . Another a month . Depends upon the depth of them checking . One my checks involved where they called my next door neighbours. Others where they also checked my family members.

In a nut shell, it’ll take as long as it takes

Last edited: