+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relatives in Canada

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
I've a relative in Canada that's my uncle (mom's brother). What documents will I need to provide to prove my mother and uncles relationship as siblings?

liispa

Jul 5, 2020
I've a relative in Canada that's my uncle (mom's brother). What documents will I need to provide to prove my mother and uncles relationship as siblings?
I'm assuming you're adding your uncle to get points for the eligibility grid and not CRS score. You can provide birth certificates for both your mother and uncle, also yours as well to prove the relationships

Reactions: CarlCoco

CamilaCCH

Jul 31, 2020
I'm assuming you're adding your uncle to get points for the eligibility grid and not CRS score. You can provide birth certificates for both your mother and uncle, also yours as well to prove the relationships
Hi, this is exactly my case, I will be using my aunt only for eligibility points. Since I won't be getting points from her, do you know if I need to provide any documents proving she is my aunt after getting an ITA? Many thanks for your help!

liispa

Jul 5, 2020
Hi, this is exactly my case, I will be using my aunt only for eligibility points. Since I won't be getting points from her, do you know if I need to provide any documents proving she is my aunt after getting an ITA? Many thanks for your help!
You're using her for express entry eligibility so you'll need to eventually provide documentation showing relationship proof

CamilaCCH

Jul 31, 2020
You're using her for express entry eligibility so you'll need to eventually provide documentation showing relationship proof
Thank you for your reply! Do you know what type of documents should they need? I imagine birth certificates but do not know what more could be asked.

liispa

Jul 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply! Do you know what type of documents should they need? I imagine birth certificates but do not know what more could be asked.
Birth certificate of your aunt, your parent she's related to and yours. Proof of PR/citizenship (PR card, passport, citizenship certificate) and i think proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bills etc). When you accept your ITA, you get a checklist of these things though.