+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relationship Proof!

Mughal

Aug 1, 2008
I have following Documents for proving my relationship with my Maternal Uncle.

My Birth Certificate (Containing my Mothers name)
My Uncles birth Certificate(Contain)
My Mothers Birth Certificate

Are these documents enough?? or i should attach some other documents too??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mughal said:
Thanks for your kind response BCguy.... God Bless You!
Assuming that you are trying get 5 points for adaptability (should be posting in Independent) you also require proof that the Uncle is PR/Canadian and is RESIDING in Canada, T4, bank/rent/visa statements.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Thanks PMM,I was assuming He was going for Family sponsorship under the PNP s of AB SKS and MB in which case thats enough to prove relationship,I forgot he could be Federal I stand corrected

Mughal

Aug 1, 2008
Thanks BCguy and PMM,

Let me clarify further, I am going to apply under Albeta Provincial Nomination, Family Stream, Where my maternal uncle is going to sponsor me.

However, I been asked by uncle to provide the marriage certificate of my parents as well, for proving the relationship btw my mother and father along with above three birth certificates.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would think that yours, mothers and uncles birth certificates would be enough since yours proves that you are the child of your mother and your mothers and uncles would prove that they have the same parents and so that would prove that he is your uncle. I would think that your parents marriage is completely unrelated. Immigration in Canada will not care who your father is or if he was married to your mother. At least I cannot imagine why they would. Is your uncle saying that immigration wants to see this document? Maybe he is just curious to see it himself :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I would think that yours, mothers and uncles birth certificates would be enough since yours proves that you are the child of your mother and your mothers and uncles would prove that they have the same parents and so that would prove that he is your uncle. I would think that your parents marriage is completely unrelated. Immigration in Canada will not care who your father is or if he was married to your mother. At least I cannot imagine why they would. Is your uncle saying that immigration wants to see this document? Maybe he is just curious to see it himself :)
Marriage certificate to show the name change of the mother. As the birth certificate would show the maiden name of the mother, while the OP would be applying with his mother's married name.

PMM

Ninaa

Dec 27, 2008
Hi Mughal,

Hmm, you might need the marriage certificate as PMM said.

I just applied for the AINP Family steam last week.
I sent the documents for proving my relationship with my uncle.
- My birth certificate
- My father's birth certificate
- My uncle's birth certificate