+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection of Temporary Resident Visa for my Wife

Raj64

May 29, 2012
1. I am a PhD student at University of Manitoba since Apr 2011, with my study permit till May 2015.
2. My wife and children(2) applied for Temporary Resident Permit (TRV) at Delhi, India - which was refused on the following grounds:-
a. Your family Ties in Canada and in your country of residence
b. Not sufficient funds - whereas my wife had supplied bank letter indicating funds about 100,000CAD
c. Travel History - my wife has no foreign travel history
d. Length of proposed stay in Canada - she had applied for Visa till 2015
e. Purpose of visit - It was given as joining husband, which is the fact.
3. I for my part had provided the following documents :-
a. My copy of study permit
b. Letter of funding from University giving out finding of CAD19000
c. Copy of passport showing the entry into Canada.
4. Please advise me how to over come these issues. I hear that spouse of International student is allowed to apply for Work Permit, can my wife apply for work permit instead of TRV from Delhi.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Why did you didn't apply with your wife in april 2011??? at that time your wife had obtained a open work permit, but now... I don't know... but your wife has 100 000 CAD? or 10 000CAD? if is 10 000 maybe for your 2 children she should have more funds... of course they give a connection (ties) if you have a Permanent Resident or citizen relative in canada, but now you are an international student with temporary visa, try to get a Permanene Resident by the MPNP for International Students or get a job there...lucky

vijay2012

Mar 28, 2012
Hi Raj64,

Sorry for the refusal of TRV.
When I was doing MS (Anim Sci) at Nova Scotia Agricultural college, Dalhousie University, My wife's TRV was refused twice (2009). They have mentioned the same reasons, whatever u quoted.
Now I have got PhD at Univ.of Manitoba and i submitted my visa application last week.
Looking forward further interactions to sort out these issues.
Thanks.

Vijay2012

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Raj64 said:
1. I am a PhD student at University of Manitoba since Apr 2011, with my study permit till May 2015.
2. My wife and children(2) applied for Temporary Resident Permit (TRV) at Delhi, India - which was refused on the following grounds:-
a. Your family Ties in Canada and in your country of residence
b. Not sufficient funds - whereas my wife had supplied bank letter indicating funds about 100,000CAD
c. Travel History - my wife has no foreign travel history
d. Length of proposed stay in Canada - she had applied for Visa till 2015
e. Purpose of visit - It was given as joining husband, which is the fact.
3. I for my part had provided the following documents :-
a. My copy of study permit
b. Letter of funding from University giving out finding of CAD19000
c. Copy of passport showing the entry into Canada.
4. Please advise me how to over come these issues. I hear that spouse of International student is allowed to apply for Work Permit, can my wife apply for work permit instead of TRV from Delhi.

1. Your wife is not well established in India.
2. Your own financial means are weak (arranging funds from here are there does not make sense).

Apr 8, 2014
re: can my nepali husband come visit me in canada

Hello iam a canadian married to a nepali man and we want him to come visit me and meet my family in canada . we will do the sponsership but not right now . iam going back to nepal for 6 month with him and would like the chance for him to meet my family here as they talk on fb but have not met in person yet .i traveled to nepal and we got married there in feb . he has made it clear he will not want to live in canada for long periods of time and just wants to come visit for now is there a chance he can get a visit visa ? thanks for any answers you can give