+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection of study permit.

Misicious

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I am from Nigeria, a graduate of sociology and i intend to pursue my masters in Environmental Economics and Management. I already got an admission to Thompson rivers University for May 2019 session and i applied for study permit February 9, 2019, but got a rejection letter March 5 2019. I was rejected on the grounds that I don't have travel history, my financial support was not strong, my purpose of visit and also personal assets. I already cleared that of travel history because i traveled last month and my financial support too has been settled. But please how can i address the other issues most especially my purpose of visit. I already deferred my admission to January 2020. But i intend re-applying for a new study permit July 2019. Please i will appreciate your sincere response. Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just travelling last month doesn't mean the visa officer's concerns over travel history will be overcome. Where did you travel? Did it require a Schengen, UK, or EU visa?

How are the financial support issues "settled"?

What did your SOP say about the change from sociology to environmental economics? How did you explain that massive switch in subject matter that could lead someone to believe your intention in applying for a study permit was to get to Canada so you could stay there permanently?

Misicious

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I traveled to Dubai, Kenya and Oman but the total duration of my stay in those countries was a week.

My sponsor's statement of account is 15 million Naira.

What my SOP says about a switch from Sociology to Environmental economics and management is heighten my knowledge of economics and business administrative. As i need more training and enlightenment that will advance my knowledge and skills in economics and business administration, so i can have what it entails to be a financial officer.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The travel you have completed will not necessarily overcome the visa officer's objections. I'm not sure if the finances will.

You may need to improve your SOP - what plans do you have in your home country with that education? What will studying in Canada do that studying in your home country will not? Why is Canada the country that you must study in?

Misicious

Apr 29, 2019
How do you think i can overcome my travel history and financial support please?

It was stated on my SOP that "My mater’s program in Environmental Economics and Management commence May 2019 and the duration is two years. My first year will be for Graduate Diploma in Business Administration and my second year will be for my master’s program. My goal is to become an Environmental Economist Manager in my father’s company who contributes to economic policies and decision of the company.

I completed my bachelor’s degree in Sociology , where I graduated with a second class upper division honors (4.16 out of 5.0). Before I completed my undergraduate degree program I worked at OIE global Concept as a Market Research Intern and after I completed my bachelor’s degree program I worked in my father’s company as a human resource officer. Over the past few years of my work experience, I discovered the need to be a sound Environmental Economist Manager since it is my goal to be an Environmental Economist Manager.

With my background in sociology, I decided to switch to Environmental Economics and Management because I want to heighten my knowledge of Economics and Business administration. I need more training and enlightenment that will advance my knowledge and skills in economics and business administration, so I can know what it entails to be an environmental economist manager. That is why I was sparked to pursue a master’s degree in Environmental Economics and Management. With my decision to pursue a master’s degree in environmental economics and management, I was led to do a personal research on an institution where I can acquire the skills and knowledge I desire in Environmental Economics and Management in my home country (Nigeria) but I found none, because it seems to be a new area of study which is not present in most universities in Nigeria. This contributed to my decision to study abroad and this led me to the pursuit of a degree in a well ranked university (Thompson Rivers University), where I will be adequately strengthened and equipped with knowledge and skills in management, economic policies and how to go about reforms that would be of positive impact to my father’s company and also my country (Nigeria).

I strongly believe that Master of Environmental Economics and Management at Thompson Rivers University is best to prepare me for the great career and responsibility that is ahead of me. The high standard of education at Thompson Rivers University would expose me to courses that would give me a solid foundation to be an Environmental Economist Manager.

After my study program I would have acquired enough knowledge required to lead my father’s company which is located in Nigeria and make it a more success that is well ranked both home and abroad.

I am from a Christian family, we are six altogether (my parents inclusive). I am the last child of the family with three other siblings. My father retired from Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) now Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) in the year 2009 and he started his own company which is well recognized in Nigeria. My mother is a head mistress of a government school with 500 students, two of my siblings are married with children and one is working. My father has decided to sponsor me for my master’s program at Thompson Rivers University.

I am attesting sufficient funds with my father’s support as my sponsor to meet my tuition fees, travelling expenses, living cost and all other expenses during my stay in Canada. My father is a successful business man.

I am aware that my father has paid the amount of $7,632.38 as my tuition fee and this has been acknowledged from the school.

Please consider me for study permit of Canada before 1st of April so I can be guaranteed seat for May 2019. Thank you for reviewing the application and going through all the documents.

That was my SOP. Thank You for taking your time to go through it.

AMONKIPROTICH

Apr 29, 2019
KENYA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
your statement of purpose is good.your financial position is perfect. However,you will need to come out clearly and in simple terms on why you could not pursue your course of interest in Nigeria. I also realise that your SOP is somehow long and the visa officer might not have had time to look over the whole of it,work on that.

Misicious

Apr 29, 2019
your statement of purpose is good.your financial position is perfect. However,you will need to come out clearly and in simple terms on why you could not pursue your course of interest in Nigeria. I also realise that your SOP is somehow long and the visa officer might not have had time to look over the whole of it,work on that.
Thanks so much

Misicious

Apr 29, 2019
Please which is advisable for me to do, Paper application or online application for my next visa application?