+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection letter for PR application because of Australian Police Clearance Certificate

NaziShah

Jan 3, 2020
Hi all,
need an urgent advice; i submitted my PR application to IRCC through express entry on October 8 through provincial nomination SINP). However, received a rejection letter from IRCC today stating the reason; ''‘Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html’.
When i carefully read this page again today, I realized that i provided them correct police clearance certificate but i didn't provide them the letter (as mentioned on website) from Victoria roads authority (as i stayed in Melbourne, Victoria) stating that i never held a driving license during my stay in Melbourne.
I am also surprised that they sent me letter of rejection instead of returned application.
Moreover, the letter also mentions about creating new express entry profile as my present profile has canceled and becomes invalid (as per IRCC letter and present status shown on profile). This is where I am also concerned as per my knowledge, this is not in line with the Canadian statutes.
Now what should i do?
1. write the IRCC for consideration of review based on above reasons and side by side inform SINP? Apply for vicroads letter (which i already did today) and wait for response from IRCC
or
2. create another express entry profile straight away and ask SINP to link nomination letter to new EE, get new ITA and submit complete application again

Looking forward to advice and thanks in advance,
Nazi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
need an urgent advice; i submitted my PR application to IRCC through express entry on October 8 through provincial nomination SINP). However, received a rejection letter from IRCC today stating the reason; ''‘Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html’.
When i carefully read this page again today, I realized that i provided them correct police clearance certificate but i didn't provide them the letter (as mentioned on website) from Victoria roads authority (as i stayed in Melbourne, Victoria) stating that i never held a driving license during my stay in Melbourne.
I am also surprised that they sent me letter of rejection instead of returned application.
Moreover, the letter also mentions about creating new express entry profile as my present profile has canceled and becomes invalid (as per IRCC letter and present status shown on profile). This is where I am also concerned as per my knowledge, this is not in line with the Canadian statutes.
Now what should i do?
1. write the IRCC for consideration of review based on above reasons and side by side inform SINP? Apply for vicroads letter (which i already did today) and wait for response from IRCC
or
2. create another express entry profile straight away and ask SINP to link nomination letter to new EE, get new ITA and submit complete application again

Looking forward to advice and thanks in advance,
Nazi
Your application was refused since it was incomplete. Since there was no error on the part of IRCC a reconsideration request most likely won't work. I would go with option #2.

NaziShah

Jan 3, 2020
Your application was refused since it was incomplete. Since there was no error on the part of IRCC a reconsideration request most likely won't work. I would go with option #2.
Thanks for reply. Actually i am bit confused as the rejection reason is police certificate and IRCC didn't mention about the letter from Victoria Roads Authority. Police certificate which i provided was the required certificate, but only letter of no driver license ever held was missing. So may be if write to IRCC, they will clarify?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Last edited:

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Hi All.
This is getting interesting. I got the exact same rejection reason, "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult ...". Now i lived in NSW hence i dont need any such letter that is req'd for Victoria as mentioned above.
@NaziShah did u find a way out? Can you help me with what worked for you?
Thanks in advance

NaziShah

Jan 3, 2020
Hi All.
This is getting interesting. I got the exact same rejection reason, "Police Certificate: The Police certificate from Australia that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult ...". Now i lived in NSW hence i dont need any such letter that is req'd for Victoria as mentioned above.
@NaziShah did u find a way out? Can you help me with what worked for you?
Thanks in advance
Hi. I had to get ''never held a driver license certificate' from Vic Roads and then re-applied. Yesterday, I got BIL so seems it worked out this time for me.

Reactions: m.nauman.a

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Hi. I had to get ''never held a driver license certificate' from Vic Roads and then re-applied. Yesterday, I got BIL so seems it worked out this time for me.
Thanks. I have attached the picture of police certificate. Can you please confirm how is should look like?
Should it have the title Overseas Visa - Supply to a Country Other than Australia - Name Check Only? I know that the Canada immigration wants a certificate with name Standard Disclosure – Name check only but I followed the steps mentioned on the canada.ca website, which is applying for police certificate using:
1- Purpose type: “Commonwealth Employment / Purpose”
2- Purpose of Check: “35 – Overseas employment/visa – for supply to a country other than Australia”
then the attached police certificate is what I got.

NaziShah

Jan 3, 2020
this is perfect but you need to get never held the driver license certificate as well if you lived in Vitoria or NSW.

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
Perfect, thanks. And for this letter from Queensland and Victoria, do we have to apply through the same link that is mentioned on the canada.ca website?

m.nauman.a

Feb 9, 2021
And because I have not lived in either Queensland or Victoria, this additional letter requirement doesn't apply on me. But to be on safe side, i will still get these letters (if i can) and will submit it