15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
mandiebraxton said:
You dont need a second copy of IELTS before you can reapply. There is a clause in the new guide which states that u can attach a copy of the original to ur new application with ur NER lettter. Read the section on IELTS under the new guide.....Mandie
LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
You must submit original language test results from a designated testing agency to the CIO with your application. Other evidence in writing will not be accepted as evidence of language proficiency.

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of one of the following language tests from a testing agency designated by CIC:

English

IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
French

TEF: Test d’évaluation de français
If you do not submit the results of your official language proficiency test with your application to the CIO, your application will not be processed and will be returned to you as incomplete.

Applicants are permitted to submit a copy of their language test results with a new application only if the original test results were submitted with a previous Federal Skilled Worker application and were not returned to the applicant. All copies of language test results must be accompanied by a photocopy of the refusal letter from CIC and an explanation that CIC.

LINK: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mute_man said:
LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
You must submit original language test results from a designated testing agency to the CIO with your application. Other evidence in writing will not be accepted as evidence of language proficiency.

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of one of the following language tests from a testing agency designated by CIC:

English

IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
French

TEF: Test d'évaluation de français
If you do not submit the results of your official language proficiency test with your application to the CIO, your application will not be processed and will be returned to you as incomplete.

Applicants are permitted to submit a copy of their language test results with a new application only if the original test results were submitted with a previous Federal Skilled Worker application and were not returned to the applicant. All copies of language test results must be accompanied by a photocopy of the refusal letter from CIC and an explanation that CIC.

LINK: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp
Thanks for the link Mute_man.....Mandie

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Classical_beat said:
You have to go British Council to get a 2nd Copy of your IELTS result .
British Council will initially try telling you that they can't/won't issue 2nd copies of IELTS results to candidates.

However, someone I know HAS managed to obtain a second copy after I advised them to try telling the British Council that by refusing to provide a copy of the results held on their computer systems, that they may be in breach of the Data Protection Act in the UK.

There is a page on my blog where I have documented the guy's story and how he succeeded in getting a second copy.

Wayne.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Cappuccino said:
British Council will initially try telling you that they can't/won't issue 2nd copies of IELTS results to candidates.

However, someone I know HAS managed to obtain a second copy after I advised them to try telling the British Council that by refusing to provide a copy of the results held on their computer systems, that they may be in breach of the Data Protection Act in the UK.

There is a page on my blog where I have documented the guy's story and how he succeeded in getting a second copy.

Wayne.
It's not even necessary to go for a second copy anymore as the person can reapply with a copy of his IELTS as well as attaching his NER letter and a note saying CIO has the original....Mandie

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
arch_Lipa, I read on the forum somewhere that it takes 2-3 Months for the documents to come back. Really weired, but thats what I read. So my guess is it will take time.

In the meantime you can try to get / Make Birth certificates for Proof of relationship or re-apper in IELTS and improve the results.

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Is Birth certificate the only proof of relationship? there are many others like family certificate ,National ID card and asset distribution record .I am afraid whether dear member did'nt present any proof or some harshness on other end.

Sid_BD

Sep 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
IELTS Request
IELTS result sent with full application
sunasir said:
Is Birth certificate the only proof of relationship? there are many others like family certificate ,National ID card and asset distribution record .I am afraid whether dear member did'nt present any proof or some harshness on other end.
Good point.

arch_Lipa:

Did you submit any doc like passport copy, social id copy along with the application!

arch_Lipa

Sep 25, 2011
devilhimselff said:
arch_Lipa, I read on the forum somewhere that it takes 2-3 Months for the documents to come back. Really weired, but thats what I read. So my guess is it will take time.

In the meantime you can try to get / Make Birth certificates for Proof of relationship or re-apper in IELTS and improve the results.
yea it is weird that it takes 2/3 months to come back all documents. It is really bad for me, cause my IELTS result will expire on december next. :( sux.
ok as per new application procedure I can use copy of IELTS result but it is not clear about appointment letter/ experience certificate and other documents those i submitted original. I want to apply asap. within this week, but little-bit difficult to get original from my old office. lets try.

arch_Lipa

Sep 25, 2011
Sid_BD said:
Good point.

arch_Lipa:

Did you submit any doc like passport copy, social id copy along with the application!
Yes I did, I sent passport copy residence copy. the most peculiar thing is on family member declaration form my sisters name and address in included.
For me they cannot reject the whole application just for the absence of BC of my sisters. they could ask for it. :mad:

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
arch_Lipa said:
yea it is weird that it takes 2/3 months to come back all documents. It is really bad for me, cause my IELTS result will expire on december next. :( sux.
ok as per new application procedure I can use copy of IELTS result but it is not clear about appointment letter/ experience certificate and other documents those i submitted original. I want to apply asap. within this week, but little-bit difficult to get original from my old office. lets try.
yes,, don't give up. why did u send original appointment letter?? notarized paper would have done the work though. plz share your NOC n other stuff,, it will be good for further communication among the forum members.

arch_Lipa

Sep 25, 2011
sunasir said:
According to CANADA immigration I think so. they are such a dumba** that they won't take other documents as a proof unless otherwise it is written in their holy rule books. :mad:

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arch_Lipa said:
According to CANADA immigration I think so. they are such a dumba** that they won't take other documents as a proof unless otherwise it is written in their holy rule books. :mad:
Actually, I beg to differ on this opinion -that CIC is a Dumba*** (regarding the BC issue).

Just imagine the situation when applicants from different countries and nationalities begin to present their own PROOF to verify their Birth from their country or elsewhere. We cannot expect CIC to go ahead and verify all these agencies who provide such documentation. And who knows how many of these agencies would turn out to be fraud.

Only one yard stick to verify Date of birth and that is a BIRTH CERTIFICATE... I think it is a fair enough demand by CIC.

Arch_lipa...please do not take my comment personally :)

Mitali

arch_Lipa

Sep 25, 2011
mitali said:
Just imagine the situation when applicants from different countries and nationalities begin to present their own PROOF to verify their Birth from their country or elsewhere. We cannot expect CIC to go ahead and verify all these agencies who provide such documentation. And who knows how many of these agencies would turn out to be fraud.

Only one yard stick to verify Date of birth and that is a BIRTH CERTIFICATE... I think it is a fair enough demand by CIC.

Arch_lipa...please do not take my comment personally :)

Mitali
Look they don't need to go another agency. why they need her BC? because they need to know the parents are common. I've submitted my sister's passport copy. why I'm angry? because they could get the same information from that. that's why I think they are .............

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

arch_Lipa said:
Look they don't need to go another agency. why they need her BC? because they need to know the parents are common. I've submitted my sister's passport copy. why I'm angry? because they could get the same information from that. that's why I think they are .............
Read and Learn what the Federal Court of Canada says about proving relationships: http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/2011/2011fc956/2011fc956.html

As Madam Justice Gauthier stated in Luongo, above, at paragraph 18:

When an applicant produces insufficient evidence to meet the requirements set out in the Regulations, there is no further duty on the officer to communicate with the applicant. In that respect, it is sufficient to refer to the decision of Justice Robert Mainville (then with this Court) in Malik, above. In that case, an applicant for a permanent resident’s visa as a skilled worker had submitted his own affidavit to establish that he had a brother residing in Canada, despite the fact that he had been warned in a form letter, similar to the one in the present case, that this type of evidence would not be satisfactory evidence and that the officer would not request further documentation to support his application. Justice Mainville first noted that although this approach appears to be, at first glance, harsh on visa applicants, “it is necessary to ensure the administrative efficiency of a burdened system and to ensure finality of the decision-making process related to visa applications.” He further said at paragraph 19:

Fairness to all visa applicants requires that all applicants conform to the instructions they receive as to the type and quality of documentation required in support of their applications, thus ensuring a minimum of efficiency and equity in the system.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Read and Learn what the Federal Court of Canada says about proving relationships: http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/2011/2011fc956/2011fc956.html

As Madam Justice Gauthier stated in Luongo, above, at paragraph 18:

When an applicant produces insufficient evidence to meet the requirements set out in the Regulations, there is no further duty on the officer to communicate with the applicant. In that respect, it is sufficient to refer to the decision of Justice Robert Mainville (then with this Court) in Malik, above. In that case, an applicant for a permanent resident's visa as a skilled worker had submitted his own affidavit to establish that he had a brother residing in Canada, despite the fact that he had been warned in a form letter, similar to the one in the present case, that this type of evidence would not be satisfactory evidence and that the officer would not request further documentation to support his application. Justice Mainville first noted that although this approach appears to be, at first glance, harsh on visa applicants, “it is necessary to ensure the administrative efficiency of a burdened system and to ensure finality of the decision-making process related to visa applications.” He further said at paragraph 19:

Fairness to all visa applicants requires that all applicants conform to the instructions they receive as to the type and quality of documentation required in support of their applications, thus ensuring a minimum of efficiency and equity in the system.
Thanks PMM for this input....I was desperately looking for this piece of information. +1 for you....( I know ratings dont affect you... :) )

HAVE a GOOD NIGHT.

Mitali