+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection in PGP 2017 Draw and Super Visa application

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
HI Folks

I recently participated in the parents and grandparents sponsorship lottery 2017 and didnt get picked up for my parents. My wife got her spot for her parents and she is going to continue with submitting all the documents. In my refusal e-mail CIC told me to participate in the next year's draw and told me that i can bring them by Super Visa. Now i am ready to apply for their super Visa and have the below questions:

1. If i co-sign the sponsorship agreement for my in-laws in my wife's application do i have to count them during my super visa application for my parents to show the LICO?

2. My NOA for 2016 was $83,000 and we are a family of 3 (Myself+ wife+ son) and i will include my parents (2 persons) for the super visa. The LICO for 5 people is 51,000 and i am eligible by myself, do i still need to include my wife's income to make our financial back up stronger.

3. As myself and my wife are going to apply to different types of application for our parents is there any conflict if we have them on the go at the same time.

4. if the sponsorship of my in-laws takes longer time and by the time 2018 PGP sponsorship opens can i participate in the draw as i i have co-signed my wife's application and the decision is pending.

5. how to show the strong ties for my parents for the super visa. i have two sisters & they are married back home, my father has fixed deposit in the banks---are these strong enough evidence we can show that my parent will be going back?

6. also can i or should i attach the PGP refusal e-mail from CIC stating that i can bring my parents on Super Visa to make a case?

I would highly appreciate if anyone can help me before i apply my super visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

We also got the refusal email for PGP sponsorship through lottery for my parents (my brother had applied). The suggestion given by IRCC to apply for super visas is standard.

1. You must include any persons for whom you have a sponsorship that is still in effect when you calculate the family size for LICO. This includes your wife's parents and/or your parents (apart from yourself, your wife and your son)

2. You can apply for their super visas if you meet LICO i.e. without including your wife as a co-inviter.

3. No, there is no problem. You can apply for super visas and/or PGP

4. Yes, you can try again when the PGP lottery reopens in January next year

5. You'll have to post the other strong ties of your parents. For example, do they own property/land or are they employed/business?

6. Not required

Cheers

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

We also got the refusal email for PGP sponsorship through lottery for my parents (my brother had applied). The suggestion given by IRCC to apply for super visas is standard.

1. You must include any persons for whom you have a sponsorship that is still in effect when you calculate the family size for LICO. This includes your wife's parents and/or your parents (apart from yourself, your wife and your son)

2. You can apply for their super visas if you meet LICO i.e. without including your wife as a co-inviter.

3. No, there is no problem. You can apply for super visas and/or PGP

4. Yes, you can try again when the PGP lottery reopens in January next year

5. You'll have to post the other strong ties of your parents. For example, do they own property/land or are they employed/business?

6. Not required

Cheers

Thank you so much Bryanna for your reply