+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to strong ties

Dan10

Mar 6, 2017
Hey guys am a student studying in Uk.
I got rejected a tourist visa to Canada because of immigration status in country of residence
My student resident permit and letter from my university was included and I don't really know how am suppose to provide a landed property because am still a student.
Please any help will do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Where are you originally from? How long a visit did you request? What evidence did you provide to demonstrate you are attending school in the UK? Did you provide any other evidence of ties to the UK?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
scylla....

The OP had posted the complete GCMS notes for his refusal (and which I had replied to yesterday). That thread was deleted by the moderator because the GCMS notes posted had all his personal information. Anyway.

He was refused for immigration status (Nigerian student studying in the UK) + Purpose of visit (intended to visit Canada for a week for tourism, but had listed University of Ottawa as the only place he wanted to go sightseeing) + Travel History (the visa officer had noted his limited travel history).

Documentation submitted: Hotel and flight bookings, UK study permit. No ties established to the UK or Nigeria

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Bryanna said:
scylla....

The OP had posted the complete GCMS notes for his refusal (and which I had replied to yesterday). That thread was deleted by the moderator because the GCMS notes posted had all his personal information. Anyway.

He was refused for immigration status (Nigerian student studying in the UK) + Purpose of visit (intended to visit Canada for a week for tourism, but had listed University of Ottawa as the only place he wanted to go sightseeing) + Travel History (the visa officer had noted his limited travel history).

Documentation submitted: Hotel and flight bookings, UK study permit. No ties established to the UK or Nigeria
As for the case above, what additional documents could have been submitted which would have resulted in an approval? Furthermore which countries constitute "strong travel history"?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aron30 said:
As for the case above, what additional documents could have been submitted which would have resulted in an approval? Furthermore which countries constitute "strong travel history"?
There is no such thing.

"Strong travel history" would be similar trips (purpose, length, budget, activities) to visa required countries (if any).

Additional documents could have been a bank account showing 100 000 CAD, a steady high income job (100K CAD a year), mortgages, properties, assets like cars, etc. Things that make it obvious you have no need to immigrate to Canada.

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Jalex23 said:
There is no such thing.

"Strong travel history" would be similar trips (purpose, length, budget, activities) to visa required countries (if any).

Additional documents could have been a bank account showing 100 000 CAD, a steady high income job (100K CAD a year), mortgages, properties, assets like cars, etc. Things that make it obvious you have no need to immigrate to Canada.
Thank you Jalex23

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Dan10 said:
Hey guys am a student studying in Uk.
I got rejected a tourist visa to Canada because of immigration status in country of residence
My student resident permit and letter from my university was included and I don't really know how am suppose to provide a landed property because am still a student.
Please any help will do.
Hello Dan10,

Perhaps you didn't show enough evidence of your ties to either the UK or Nigeria. Have you returned to Nigeria on a visit since taking up studies in the UK? If not perhaps the V.O. questioned why you haven't return to visit your family etc.

Do you have a part-time job in the UK (students can work 20hrs max a week), a business or property, or other assets in Nigeria? these would help to show ties away from Canada.

In addition to your documents you should have included:

A letter from the university indicating your status i.e. whether you're on a semester break and the date expected to resume studies.
Receipts of tuition fees paid.
Grade slips/transcripts.
Extra curricular activities associated with study (for example, evidence of participation in a hackathon group if you're a computer science/information tech student) or similar.
Job letter from your employer.
ITR's
Letter from your landlord indicating the status of your lease; utility bills.
Evidence of sufficient funds for travel/funding your current studies e.g Bank statements, fixed deposits, mutual funds.
Daily itinerary of your activities and associated costs.

Have you considered a semester abroad in Europe, Canada or Asia? not sure if UK universities partner with Canadian ones for that purpose. Perhaps you can explore this option since you would get the opportunity to visit a different country to experience their culture & study while building your travel history.