+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to not enough detail in LOE. How to proceed?

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hey guys,

I just received a rejection letter, for my CEC inland application and am a little lost at the moment. I know some of you are more seasoned members and was hoping you could potentially provide some advice on how I should proceed.

The case officer wasn't happy with my letter of employment. The letter listed the starting date of my employment, as well as general hours, but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment.

Further, do I have several positions in the company, but only claimed points for one of them under a NOC. I did however not provide a proper run-down of my hours, as I should have, so the officer was again not convinced of my eligibility.

I know the decision is done, but I am definitely eligible and wanted to get your advice on how to proceed. My PGWP expires on Aug 31st. My current CRS is 491. I was thinking about reapplying for an ITA. This time with more than extensive documentation.

As a German citizen, I'm eligible for a "International Experience Class" and was gonna fall back on that as my worst case scenario. But again, I'm at a loss and hope you can help me out. I apologize for the long post.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
The case officer wasn't happy with my letter of employment. The letter listed the starting date of my employment, as well as general hours, but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment.
How was it improperly dated?

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
I had him revise the letter and he forgot to put the back then present date on it. The officer referred to it as "undated". Which is weird to me, considering I mentioned several times throughout my profile that this was my current place of employment.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I just received a rejection letter, for my CEC inland application and am a little lost at the moment. I know some of you are more seasoned members and was hoping you could potentially provide some advice on how I should proceed.

Further, do I have several positions in the company, but only claimed points for one of them under a NOC. I did however not provide a proper run-down of my hours, as I should have, so the officer was again not convinced of my eligibility.

I know the decision is done, but I am definitely eligible and wanted to get your advice on how to proceed. My PGWP expires on Aug 31st. My current CRS is 491. I was thinking about reapplying for an ITA. This time with more than extensive documentation.

As a German citizen, I'm eligible for a "International Experience Class" and was gonna fall back on that as my worst case scenario. But again, I'm at a loss and hope you can help me out. I apologize for the long post.
Can you please share your timeline? When was your AOR?

I can understand it is hard but please stay positive! You can reapply and for sure you are going to be invited! If the problem is only the letter, you can order a new one ;)
IEC could be a good plan B as well. Just try to check the pros and cons from each of them :)

Alles wird gut kommen! :) :)

karkik

Nov 23, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
8-March-2017
AOR Received.
8-March-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hey guys,

sorry to hear that , you can definitely re-apply and also apply for BOWP .

btw , what do you mean by " but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment."

can you make it clear

if this is you current employer then of course you have to put start date e.g.: xx-xx-20xx to present
and you would also have date in reference on day which it is created/Drafted ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sorry to hear that , you can definitely re-apply and also apply for BOWP .

btw , what do you mean by " but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment."

can you make it clear

if this is you current employer then of course you have to put start date e.g.: xx-xx-20xx to present
and you would also have date in reference on day which it is created/Drafted ?

Means that the employer did not put the date at the top of the letter, indicating when it was written. The letter must be written AFTER the experience you are claiming, for it to provide a proper testament to your experience.

The date the letter is written is important, yes.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sorry, you have (concurrently) several positions in the company? This does not make much sense, can you clarify?

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Sorry, you have (concurrently) several positions in the company? This does not make much sense, can you clarify?
It does, I applied under NOC-6311 Food Service Supervisor.
But I also work as a bartender once a week. They were ultimately justified in calling that out, I just wish they would have let me know/asked about that discrepancy and it could have been addressed.

I already created a new EE profile with a CRS score of 491. Lets hope this turns out better.

misskay03

May 29, 2017
Hi just a quick question, I have an ITA and I just realised that I made an error on my EE profile of hours I worked for one of the companies. I typed 48 hours instead of 20 hours as it is a part time position. However I still have over 4years work experience in my NOC so therefore it will not change my score at all if I amend to 20 hours.
Shall I just decline ITA and wait to get invited points are 437
or just write and explain it was a typing error in LOE (bearing in mind ITA expires in less than a week)

I just do not want to get rejected and lose my hard earned money.