+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to missing a document

Dandang0522

Aug 24, 2021
Hi everyone. I’m so frustrating right now. Have anyone get rejection due to a missing document ? I submitted the Official Student Transcripts instead of the Diploma and I got rejection. I thought if we miss something the officer would contact us to update it :(. Is there anyone know what can I do with this? please helpppp

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone. I’m so frustrating right now. Have anyone get rejection due to a missing document ? I submitted the Official Student Transcripts instead of the Diploma and I got rejection. I thought if we miss something the officer would contact us to update it :(. Is there anyone know what can I do with this? please helpppp
The application needs to be complete when you submit it or the result is refusal.

You can send a web form to request reconsideration. However it's up to IRCC if they consider the request since the error was yours and your application was correctly refused.

Dandang0522

Aug 24, 2021
The application needs to be complete when you submit it or the result is refusal.

You can send a web form to request reconsideration. However it's up to IRCC if they consider the request since the error was yours and your application was correctly refused.
Yes I did send a web form. Do you have any idea how long should it take to get a respond from IRCC :(. And do you know anyone have their application reopened after got rejection ? I feel so desperate now :((

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes I did send a web form. Do you have any idea how long should it take to get a respond from IRCC :(. And do you know anyone have their application reopened after got rejection ? I feel so desperate now :((
The onus is on the applicant to submit a complete application, which you did not. IRCC aren’t obliged to reopen your case, so mentally prepare yourself to apply again, this time with all the correct documents.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It takes a number of weeks to hear back generally.

Some people manage to get their applications reopened. Many do not. Since your application was incomplete and you were correctly refused, you should prepare for the possibility that they will not reconsider and you'll need to reapply.

jot011

Nov 3, 2021
My friend was in the same situation. Application was returned as incomple because of missing diploma certificate. He raised a webform to request for reconsideration. He got response after two months and Luckily his file got reopened. Here is the timeline for application
AOR- july 20
Application returned August 22
Reconsideration September 4
Decision October 28
Biometrics request November 5.
I Wish you good luck for yours.

Dandang0522

Aug 24, 2021
It takes a number of weeks to hear back generally.

Some people manage to get their applications reopened. Many do not. Since your application was incomplete and you were correctly refused, you should prepare for the possibility that they will not reconsider and you'll need to reapply.
[/QUOTE
My friend was in the same situation. Application was returned as incomple because of missing diploma certificate. He raised a webform to request for reconsideration. He got response after two months and Luckily his file got reopened. Here is the timeline for application
AOR- july 20
Decision October 28
Thank you so much for your answer. Its really have a little hope for me now

Reactions: jot011

Dandang0522

Aug 24, 2021
AOR- july 20
Decision October 28
Thank you so much for your answer. Its really have a little hope for me now

Reactions: jot011

Vsidhu89

Apr 8, 2024
What was your AOR and what document did you missed during submission ?
They received my documents on 8th Jan 2024. They asked for an ECA report afterwards but I submitted the regular course by course evaluation by WES rather than immigration purpose evaluation. Both show the educational qualification equivalency to Canadian education. A Mistake> But I am submitting a webform for reconsiering

Reactions: ibadS

daninmotion

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Calgary
Category........
WP
They received my documents on 8th Jan 2024. They asked for an ECA report afterwards but I submitted the regular course by course evaluation by WES rather than immigration purpose evaluation. Both show the educational qualification equivalency to Canadian education. A Mistake> But I am submitting a webform for reconsiering
It happened to us, same mistake, submitted the wrong WES. It'll take them 3-4 months to reply that they won't open your application as the IRCC website is very specific about needing the WES issued for immigration proposes (even if it is the same information). Since you didn't submit a complete application, your application was justly rejected.
I'll suggest opening a new EE profile and starting again.