+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection due to misrepresentation

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I became PR in 2015 april and now I am a citizen...
I did a small marrige cermney november 2014 with my spouse before we I got my PR in india but we never registred for Marriage certificate back then
My wife came in dec 2014 december to canada on student visa and was living with me only and then I became PR in April 2015 . So then in 2015 in november we went back to India and registred our marriage on the same day we intially got married. So Then we came back to canada and I did inland sponsorship for her PR and showed our mariage november 2015 the same date with certificate and pictures..... i just wanted to know is that counted as misrepsentation.... will ircc get to knoe abot this ??
So just to clarify you got officially married 11/2014 and then whilst married, not single, you landed as a single or a married PR in 4/2015 ?

shalin1097

Oct 27, 2020
So just to clarify you got officially married 11/2014 and then whilst married, not single, you landed as a single or a married PR in 4/2015 ?
I officially married her on 11/2015 and registerd marriage earlier was just an ring ceremony.....I landed ad single because we didn't marry...she was my fiance at that time

Last edited:
Reactions: Boltj194

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
I did a small marrige cermney november 2014 with my spouse before we I got my PR in india but we never registred for Marriage certificate back then
My wife came in dec 2014 december to canada on student visa and was living with me only and then I became PR in April 2015 . So then in 2015 in november we went back to India and registred our marriage on the same day we intially got married. So Then we came back to canada and I did inland sponsorship for her PR and showed our mariage november 2015 the same date with certificate and pictures..... i just wanted to know is that counted as misrepsentation.... will ircc get to knoe abot this ??
have u got rejection?

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
That means you were in something like common law when you did not have the certificate, you should have declared it as common law. It still depends on the officer, hope for the best.