+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection despite strong proof of return to PK

shireeh.jan

Apr 22, 2024
As a working Canadian citizen, I extended an invitation to my sister to attend my E-MBA graduation. Despite providing all necessary documents, including her bank statements and proof of her business in Pakistan, her visa application was rejected. Notably, during her visit, her husband will remain in Pakistan due to business commitments which further supports her intent to return.

Following the initial refusal, we made a second application, this time supplementing it with a support letter from my local Member of Parliament and an Undertaking from me to ensure my sister's return to Pakistan. Despite these additional efforts, her application was rejected once again.

This repeated refusal leads me to believe that there is a bias against Pakistani visa applicants within the IRCC.

With a rejection rate as high as 90%, this trend appears unjustified and raises concerns about the fairness of the visa application process.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
"With a rejection rate as high as 90%, this trend appears unjustified and raises concerns about the fairness of the visa application process."

if it wasn't for the fact that there has been exponential growth in refugee claims from pakistan in recent years, you might have a valid point. Only takes a few to ruin it for the many.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

shireeh.jan

Apr 22, 2024
"With a rejection rate as high as 90%, this trend appears unjustified and raises concerns about the fairness of the visa application process."

if it wasn't for the fact that there has been exponential growth in refugee claims from pakistan in recent years, you might have a valid point. Only takes a few to ruin it for the many.
Check out the statistics provided by the Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/student-approval-rates.html . In 2021, the approval rate for student visas from Pakistan was 37%, while the United Kingdom and Australia had much higher rates at 95%.

Interestingly, even India had a 60% approval rate.

A concerning issue arises from Western support of corrupt regimes in several Asian nations, including Pakistan, which fosters an environment conducive to an increase in refugee claims. What's notable is that many refugee claims from Pakistan actually originate from Afghan nationals. Due to the absence of diplomatic recognition of the Afghan government, these Afghan refugees apply for asylum through Pakistan. Consequently, Pakistan finds itself burdened with providing identification documents, leading to a distortion in refugee claim statistics attributed to Pakistan.