+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection after RPRF payment

Igo

Dec 8, 2015
Hi, everybody!
I need you advise in my situation.
I have been nominated by Saskatchewan Province and get ITA by CIC under Express Entry program. I was nominated under International Skilled Worker (4011). I am working as Associate Professor in University. After I submitted all the needed documents except police good conduct certificate. I received a letter stated that everything is ok with my application and just need to wait medical and police approval and that I have to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I have paid and after I submit my police certificate I have received nest day the letter stated that I do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. The reason was that “The letters of employment you provided do not provide sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement, or that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC – 4011”. The letter did not include job description and amount of hours per week. They did not ask to change the ref letter, they just refuse and closed the application. Before this at all stages the reference letter was acceptable...Then I asked Saskatchewan Province to link the nomination with my new EE profile because the nomination is valid until 22 Aug 2016. They also refused, stating that I can use only one time this nominations. I also can not apply for new nomination because they closed my work (4011) for new streams. I understand that technically I made a mistake because my letter did not contain job description..I wounder what Associate professor can do other than deliver lectures and etc. But if without emotions, can anybody advise what I still can do. Thank you.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Igo said:
Hi, everybody!
I need you advise in my situation.
I have been nominated by Saskatchewan Province and get ITA by CIC under Express Entry program. I was nominated under International Skilled Worker (4011). I am working as Associate Professor in University. After I submitted all the needed documents except police good conduct certificate. I received a letter stated that everything is ok with my application and just need to wait medical and police approval and that I have to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I have paid and after I submit my police certificate I have received nest day the letter stated that I do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. The reason was that “The letters of employment you provided do not provide sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement, or that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC – 4011”. The letter did not include job description and amount of hours per week. They did not ask to change the ref letter, they just refuse and closed the application. Before this at all stages the reference letter was acceptable...Then I asked Saskatchewan Province to link the nomination with my new EE profile because the nomination is valid until 22 Aug 2016. They also refused, stating that I can use only one time this nominations. I also can not apply for new nomination because they closed my work (4011) for new streams. I understand that technically I made a mistake because my letter did not contain job description..I wounder what Associate professor can do other than deliver lectures and etc. But if without emotions, can anybody advise what I still can do. Thank you.
I am not ver familiar with province nomination program. However, you may directly apply through express entry program. As far as I know, there is no occupation list for that program. You will be invited to apply for PR based on your points. Since you have a job, you may easily get points that are required to select you. My information might be outdated one, but if it is not, you have a chance to get it. Thus, you may travel in this direction.

Hope it helps!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
He may not have sufficient points to get selected at this point, without the provincial nomination. Otherwise he would not have requested a transfer of the old nomination to a new profile. Perhaps wait till later this year when, if the rumors are true, the cutoff point will drop dramatically.

I wish s/he had visited this forum much earlier, then s/he would have learned that 1) a letter without job description is a guaranteed rejection 2) CIC does not give you a chance to correct this mistake (and many others); they just reject the application.

Missionquebec said:
I am not ver familiar with province nomination program. However, you may directly apply through express entry program. As far as I know, there is no occupation list for that program. You will be invited to apply for PR based on your points. Since you have a job, you may easily get points that are required to select you. My information might be outdated one, but if it is not, you have a chance to get it. Thus, you may travel in this direction.

Hope it helps!

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
ybjianada said:
He may not have sufficient points to get selected at this point, without the provincial nomination. Otherwise he would not have requested a transfer of the old nomination to a new profile. Perhaps wait till later this year when, if the rumors are true, the cutoff point will drop dramatically.

I wish s/he had visited this forum much earlier, then s/he would have learned that 1) a letter without job description is a guaranteed rejection 2) CIC does not give you a chance to correct this mistake (and many others); they just reject the application.
I guess you are right. Anyhow, if his/her job is permanent (tenure-track), he/she will not worry about PR because more experience will increase point. Eventually, he/she will receive. He/she suppose to submit the employment contract rather than just a employment certificate.

Igo

Dec 8, 2015
Thank you for reply
Yes, I (male) have 343 points without SNIP and I have not job offer in Canada. Now I realize my mistake that I did not read this forum before regarding Job Description issues.
As such, there is no ways to re-open or appeal. Correct?
Thank you.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Igo said:
Thank you for reply
Yes, I (male) have 343 points without SNIP and I have not job offer in Canada. Now I realize my mistake that I did not read this forum before regarding Job Description issues.
Thank you.
Try different province when they open up.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
You should give it a try – that is, to request a reconsideration of their decision. This can be done by using the Case Specific Enquiry web form. Attach your new letter. And see what happens. Most likely, they will not change their mind. But that's the only thing you can do right now.

Igo said:
Thank you for reply
Thank you.

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
Did you raise a GCMS note ?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
try to have your case re-opened, even if the chances for this to occur are very slim. Submit a webform explaining your mistake (apologize etc) and attach the new letter.
Simultaneously, you can explore other options (PNP another province program maybe), or try to increase your points to receive a new ITA

Good luck

Wontquit

Jul 21, 2016
U.K.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP April 26th and revised on August 25th 2016
AOR Received.
October 9th 2016
File Transfer...
October 9th 2016
Med's Request
10th October 2016
Med's Done....
23rd April 2016
Passport Req..
8th December 2017
Igo
Reached out to a guy called akeensaltfish he experienced the same thing. He was able to request a revision to his nomination certificate and use in newly created express entry profile

Wontquit

Jul 21, 2016
U.K.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP April 26th and revised on August 25th 2016
AOR Received.
October 9th 2016
File Transfer...
October 9th 2016
Med's Request
10th October 2016
Med's Done....
23rd April 2016
Passport Req..
8th December 2017
You will see his post in AOR June 2016 page 17

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Igo said:
But if without emotions, can anybody advise what I still can do. Thank you.
What kind of work permit are you currently on? Also - you say you have no job offer, I assume that means non-tenure, what is your status at the University - adjunct, visiting... ?

Reactions: shaizeik

VaibhavN

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
I think you should get a new reference letter with required duties stated as in your NOC and then raise a CSE and, explain them that you are performing these duties and it was your mistake not to describe them well on your earlier job letter. Try this, and hope for good. Good luck.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Igo
copy pasting akeensaltfish's experience below from June aor 2016 thread...OP was able to transfer SINP nomination on New EE profile. hope this helps!!

Greetings

I was nominated on Dec 27, 2015 with Noc4011, University lecturer. The nomination expired June 29, 2016. So when I was refused on June 9, I created the new profile on the 10th. I called SINP the same day and asked if my nomination could be transferred to my new profile. Emailed them the EE profile number and job bank registration letter as proof. They transferred the nomination the same day, June 10th. The two people I spoke with at SINP were super helpful. I found that talking to someone and just honestly explaining myself helped. You can get your nomination extended if you need more time. Best to call them. Go to http://www.saskatchewan.ca/ and look for Ministry of Economy then you get a directory of services and telephone numbers. Look for "Economic migration" and you will see a list of ALL staff including the names of the immigration officers. I simply picked one name and called and explained myself.

AckeenSaltfish

Mar 5, 2016
Re: Rejection after RPRF payment sharing

lazybone said:
Hi Igo
copy pasting akeensaltfish's experience below from June aor 2016 thread...OP was able to transfer SINP nomination on New EE profile. hope this helps!!

Greetings

I was nominated on Dec 27, 2015 with Noc4011, University lecturer. The nomination expired June 29, 2016. So when I was refused on June 9, I created the new profile on the 10th. I called SINP the same day and asked if my nomination could be transferred to my new profile. Emailed them the EE profile number and job bank registration letter as proof. They transferred the nomination the same day, June 10th. The two people I spoke with at SINP were super helpful. I found that talking to someone and just honestly explaining myself helped. You can get your nomination extended if you need more time. Best to call them. Go to http://www.saskatchewan.ca/ and look for Ministry of Economy then you get a directory of services and telephone numbers. Look for "Economic migration" and you will see a list of ALL staff including the names of the immigration officers. I simply picked one name and called and explained myself.

Greeting

Please call SINP, you can request to revise or extend your nomination. All the best