+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Visitor's Visa for Parents (PHILIPPINE VISA OFFICE-Online)

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
Greetings!!!

I just want to share my experience. I applied Visotor's visa for my parents to attend my convocation but it got rejected for the following reasons.

-travel history
-purpose of travel
-personal assets and financial status
-you have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/ your host's income and assets.

What should I do? I want to reapply her.

My mom never had a paid work as she never has to work as my dad was working abroad. Thus, she spent most of her time as a full time mother.
For the purpose of travel, is my convocation. I put actually four weeks of being here.
Im on a student visa and currently working as well. I have more than 15,000$ on my account. I submitted bank statement.
I submitted my ITR and pay stub and letter from the financial officer of our company.
I included also the invitation for my convocation and a letter from the institution that I am indeed convocating this summer.
We included land titles and even an adoption certification of my 3-year old (adapted) sibling just to prove her family ties in the Philippines.
My Mom never had a prior travel history. we did not have the luxury of money to send her for a trip abroad for leisure or anything.
This is the first time that she has a good reason to go outside the country. to see her youngest boy to graduate.

I hope you guys can help me what is the next step i should do.

Thanks

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
CanadianBacon8 said:
Greetings!!!

I just want to share my experience. I applied Visotor's visa for my parents to attend my convocation but it got rejected for the following reasons.

-travel history
-purpose of travel
-personal assets and financial status
-you have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/ your host's income and assets.

What should I do? I want to reapply her.

My mom never had a paid work as she never has to work as my dad was working abroad. Thus, she spent most of her time as a full time mother.
For the purpose of travel, is my convocation. I put actually four weeks of being here.
Im on a student visa and currently working as well. I have more than 15,000$ on my account. I submitted bank statement.
I submitted my ITR and pay stub and letter from the financial officer of our company.
I included also the invitation for my convocation and a letter from the institution that I am indeed convocating this summer.
We included land titles and even an adoption certification of my 3-year old (adapted) sibling just to prove her family ties in the Philippines.
My Mom never had a prior travel history. we did not have the luxury of money to send her for a trip abroad for leisure or anything.
This is the first time that she has a good reason to go outside the country. to see her youngest boy to graduate.

I hope you guys can help me what is the next step i should do.

Thanks
By looking at their reasoning, First thing it seems like they are concerned about your parents' financial ties to home country.
Do they have any properties that they can show as assets ?, they will need to prove that they have strong financial ties to go back to home country.
secondly you have applied visa for 4 weeks for convocation, try applying for less period of time like about 2 weeks, more chances of approval.
They normally will likely to give VISA for more than 2 weeks anyway, you can change travel dates later too.
Finally, attach LOA mentioning their purpose of visit/ you can also attach invitation letter if you wish.