+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected visa- Minor children

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
My friend has been in Canada for almost three months with an open work permit. She applied for visitor visas for her two minor children almost 40 days ago. today IRCC has rejected the visa applications saying that they are not satisfied they will leave Canada!!! This is insane! The mother is apart from her two young children, and the toll is heavy on all of them! What should she do now? Does anyone have any successful experience of appealing? Please let me know! Thanks!

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
My friend has been in Canada for almost three months with an open work permit. She applied for visitor visas for her two minor children almost 40 days ago. today IRCC has rejected the visa applications saying that they are not satisfied they will leave Canada!!! This is insane! The mother is apart from her two young children, and the toll is heavy on all of them! What should she do now? Does anyone have any successful experience of appealing? Please let me know! Thanks!
The children are just 5 and 7 years old!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you know if she can do it right now? considering that we are halfway through the school year?
When does her permit expire? Is it open/closed? NOC? Sure. Kids at that age can start school anytime. Would she need daycare (before and after school)? If so get on lists because I know people who are on them for year. Show she has the funds to pay for care.

Study permits are not guaranteed either.

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
When does her permit expire? Is it open/closed? NOC? Sure. Kids at that age can start school anytime. Would she need daycare (before and after school)? If so get on lists because I know people who are on them for year. Show she has the funds to pay for care.

Study permits are not guaranteed either.
it is valid for 3 years (2027). She is going to start her work in Jan, she came with the visitor visa three months ago and got the open work permit under a special program for Iranians. She was under the impression that they will definitely issue visas for minor children, so, you suggest applying for the study permit, instead of appealing? Just wonder if anyone had a successful appeal experience...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
it is valid for 3 years (2027). She is going to start her work in Jan, she came with the visitor visa three months ago and got the open work permit under a special program for Iranians. She was under the impression that they will definitely issue visas for minor children, so, you suggest applying for the study permit, instead of appealing? Just wonder if anyone had a successful appeal experience...
Are Children father here in Canada as well?

Reactions: SiminB and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t think an appeal will be successful. Given she came and applied under the special program, it doesn’t guarantee family members can come to Canada. Should have travelled with her. Her ties to return and reason she got her TRV is that she would return as her children were there.

Where is the father?

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Don’t think an appeal will be successful. Given she came and applied under the special program, it doesn’t guarantee family members can come to Canada. Should have travelled with her. Her ties to return and reason she got her TRV is that she would return as her children were there.

Where is the father?
The father is in Iran, but he has a visitor visa, their plan was that the father come with the children, she even added the travel authorization form to the application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No the father is with children, but he has a valid visitor visa/
So why didn’t they all apply together for TRVs. The father is with them so he can care for them. The parents got the TRVs with children as ties to return. The wife coming to Canada and applying for an open work permit through a special program doesn’t guarantee that the children would be able to circumvent the rules and automatically come to Canada. No where in the policy outline does it say that families can come after approval of a work permit. Seems like they thought that one person could come and get the work permit and bring the family. All she can do is try and apply for study permits. She will want to show she is employed with job letter and payslips and has funds to support her family. Show that daycare is secured and paid for too. If denied then she has a decision to make whether to stay in Canada.

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
She applied for visitor visas for her two minor children almost 40 days ago. today IRCC has rejected the visa applications saying that they are not satisfied they will leave Canada!!! This is insane! The mother is apart from her two young children..
To be fair, that is not Canada's Problem. Your friend decided to leave them, she could have gone to a country much closer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
She was insane to leave her 5 and 7 year old with their father in Iran. That's not Canada problem.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
Immigration Canada is not Insane in her situation.... The whole plan for family reunification was not right.

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Immigration Canada is not Insane in her situation.... The whole plan for family reunification was not right.
But anyone with a work permit/study permit can apply and bring their family to canada. I have seen several other people do the same thing. when CIC issued the open work permit, they knew that a mother cannot be separated from young children, so it should be assumed that she wants her children with her while she has a valid work permit.