+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejected twice ..and confused why

rainel

Sep 16, 2013
My name is RAINEL FAVIAN BAPTIST. I have completed my AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING and had applied to study to MOHAWK COLLEGE in Hamilton, and the course was AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN which is a two years course. And was also accepted by the college. After which I had applied for my student GIC which is mandatory for those who applied for colleges under SPP category and had also completed my medicals. After which I had applied for my visa and was rejected for the following reason.

I quote the exact words from my rejection letter “not satisfied that your proposed course of studies makes sense, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine student who would leave Canada at the end of your period authorized of your stay “.

And then with the help of my agent I drafted a letter showing that I am a genuine student and that my intentions are to leave Canada once the course is over, and applied for the second time under general category of student visa. I again receive a rejection letter, I quote the exact words from the letter “your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans”.

I have scored a 7.5 out of 9 in my IELTS with a 7 in reading, 6.5 in writing, 7.5 in listening, 8 in speaking..

Why would the college accept me if I am not qualified for the course, and Can you please let me know why I was rejected even after producing all the right documents.

i would be grateful if you could clear my doubt and let me know how to improve my case to get the visa

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
I'm not an expert on this, but the common story seems to be that people get rejected for the "your studies don't make sense" reason when they try to go for a post-secondary diploma course after completing a Bachelor's degree or higher. What level was your Aeronautical Engineering degree, Bachelor's or something else? And is Aircraft Maintenance Technician a diploma, a post-graduate diploma or what? If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you should choose a post-graduate course.

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
A college will accept you so long as you meet their minimum requirements. Basically, International students are money makers for them and they want your business.

Immigration is different. Your rejection suggests the course you want to do is a lower standard than the qualification you already have. They will reject you 100% of the time under these circumstances. So you have 2 options, opt for a course that is a progression and step up from what you have, or look outside Canada to do something similar.

rainel

Sep 16, 2013
my engineering score is 68% with which i can not apply for post graduation and since i am interested in the construction field this course is the best and gives me experience for the field
so what else can i do

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
Honestly, there is not a lot you can do really.

Immigration don't necessarily look at scores when accepting or rejecting applications (well they do, but that isn't the be all), they go by progression of studies. If you fail to reach a required level for further progression and then apply for something at the same level or even below as you appear to have done (postgrad at a British University to a Canadian College) you will get rejected. Failure to reach the level for further progression will back up the theory that you aren't in the creme that benefits the economy.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's important to understand as early as possible why this has happened, and to not raise you hopes this can be remedied.

It's a big old world and there are a lot of opportunities available. At this time, probably not in Canada though.

Ravneetbhullar1234

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Interview........
No Interview
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
moorw003 said:
Honestly, there is not a lot you can do really.

Immigration don't necessarily look at scores when accepting or rejecting applications (well they do, but that isn't the be all), they go by progression of studies. If you fail to reach a required level for further progression and then apply for something at the same level or even below as you appear to have done (postgrad at a British University to a Canadian College) you will get rejected. Failure to reach the level for further progression will back up the theory that you aren't in the creme that benefits the economy.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's important to understand as early as possible why this has happened, and to not raise you hopes this can be remedied.

It's a big old world and there are a lot of opportunities available. At this time, probably not in Canada though.
Hello...you gave a very good suggestion..cn you give me a suggestion
I have done msc. in biological science..b.sc in biotecnology..nw i wnt to apply for a advance diploma in biotechnology...\
are there chances of getting visa

rfa123

Sep 14, 2013
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
Med's Request
I.A
Med's Done....
I.A
Passport Req..
submitted
VISA ISSUED...
I.A
LANDED..........
I.A
rainel said:
My name is RAINEL FAVIAN BAPTIST. I have completed my AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING and had applied to study to MOHAWK COLLEGE in Hamilton, and the course was AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN which is a two years course. And was also accepted by the college. After which I had applied for my student GIC which is mandatory for those who applied for colleges under SPP category and had also completed my medicals. After which I had applied for my visa and was rejected for the following reason.

I quote the exact words from my rejection letter “not satisfied that your proposed course of studies makes sense, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine student who would leave Canada at the end of your period authorized of your stay “.

And then with the help of my agent I drafted a letter showing that I am a genuine student and that my intentions are to leave Canada once the course is over, and applied for the second time under general category of student visa. I again receive a rejection letter, I quote the exact words from the letter “your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans”.

I have scored a 7.5 out of 9 in my IELTS with a 7 in reading, 6.5 in writing, 7.5 in listening, 8 in speaking..

Why would the college accept me if I am not qualified for the course, and Can you please let me know why I was rejected even after producing all the right documents.

i would be grateful if you could clear my doubt and let me know how to improve my case to get the visa
after how many days did u received the rejection

what were the dates ?

date of submission and after ow many days u got the asnwer

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainel said:

Course selection is the first issue in your application. Program 269 you applied for is UG Ontario diploma. You should opt for a PG diploma. If you have good academics and you have studied for 16 years in total, you may seek admission in master's program.

IELTS score is good to go.

Check the link for programs in Aviation;

http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/TRANSPORTATION-LOGISTICS-AVIATION-FLIGHT/_/N-lqhw?Ns1=Program_Title_SORT&Ns2=0

Best of luck.

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
Course selection is the first issue in your application. Program 269 you applied for is UG Ontario diploma. You should opt for a PG diploma. If you have good academics and you have studied for 16 years in total, you may seek admission in master's program.

IELTS score is good to go.

Check the link for programs in Aviation;

http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/TRANSPORTATION-LOGISTICS-AVIATION-FLIGHT/_/N-lqhw?Ns1=Program_Title_SORT&Ns2=0

Best of luck.
elokuu said:
I'm not an expert on this, but the common story seems to be that people get rejected for the "your studies don't make sense" reason when they try to go for a post-secondary diploma course after completing a Bachelor's degree or higher. What level was your Aeronautical Engineering degree, Bachelor's or something else? And is Aircraft Maintenance Technician a diploma, a post-graduate diploma or what? If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you should choose a post-graduate course.

IELTS 7 bands
paid full one year fee (they only asked for 1 sem)
paid GIC for living expenses
no educational loan
10th 80%
12th 74% backlog 1 due to problems in state (telangana issue) 75% students failed in physics as its out of syllabus and the conducted advance supplementary exam and i passed
completed 12th in 2012
no work experience
applied for environmental protection technology (3 years)advanced diploma in centennial college

I first applied in july under SPP and it got rejected
reason course makes no sense and will not leave canada after study
and I again applied on 8th july and still under processing
so wat is the reason for my rejection 1st time
but I explained them that I m a bipc student in inter i.e with Botony , zoology, physics and chemistry
also passed environmental studies as a subject
so its not a deviation frm my past study as the course is post secondary
so y did they waste my sem (not because of strike) even jan intake applicants got visas
they have no chance to reject my application so are wasting time I hate them for wasting my academic year

my visa status is still under processing
my course start date is 3rd sep
after 3rd I mailed them to make it fast as my clg gave extension till 17th
and Immediately the next day I got reply from them to attach proof or letter
when I attached proof and sent it no response and when I mailed them to understand the urgency and make the process fast no reply
those ******** thought I said them randomly without proof so they immediately replied
and they other times they show up as if they have many mails and have not seen it yet
I dont have post secondary courses in jan (there are but like supporting officer, med lab technician which I am not interested)
so wat is the option left for me should I wait for sep 2014
I know one person in this forum itself he had choosen software course and got visa then changed his course to hospitality and also college
this is because that intelligent person know that there are more chances for software
and this *************** visa officers need to be cheated
may be ppl whose visa is approved will dis agree with me but its my pain (I dont wat to dominate anyones opinions)

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
First things first, admission into Canada is a privilege, not a right. It's so important you understand this to get some sense as to why you were turned down first time. To say you hate them for wasting your time is disingenuous to say the least and I'd seriously consider why you want to come to Canada if that is the attitude you are going to take towards a country you desperately want to be let into. They are doing their job and if they've rejected you, even unfairly in your eyes they will have done so for a reason, and you need to make them satisfied they got the initial decision wrong in your re-application. This happens a lot so you have hope. But if you are serious about moving to Canada, you need to be patient and be grateful if and when it comes, rather than angry if it takes time or doesn't come.

As for your rejection, your profile looks fine , but at least 5 people per day come on here with a similar profiles and similar rejections and you could take some heed from what these say. With what you've got you should be looking to do a batchelors degree at a university. It is so much harder to get a visa for a dimploma at a college. And why not, you have the credentials to get into a decent uni yet you've decided on a 2nd rate qualification at a mediocre college. You may disagree with their assumption the course is inappropriate and you won't leave after the course. But proving it is difficult and it's their right to be picky.

My best advice is to to be proactive and look to study for a degree at a university.

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moorw003 said:
First things first, admission into Canada is a privilege, not a right. It's so important you understand this to get some sense as to why you were turned down first time. To say you hate them for wasting your time is disingenuous to say the least and I'd seriously consider why you want to come to Canada if that is the attitude you are going to take towards a country you desperately want to be let into. They are doing their job and if they've rejected you, even unfairly in your eyes they will have done so for a reason, and you need to make them satisfied they got the initial decision wrong in your re-application. This happens a lot so you have hope. But if you are serious about moving to Canada, you need to be patient and be grateful if and when it comes, rather than angry if it takes time or doesn't come.

As for your rejection, your profile looks fine , but at least 5 people per day come on here with a similar profiles and similar rejections and you could take some heed from what these say. With what you've got you should be looking to do a batchelors degree at a university. It is so much harder to get a visa for a dimploma at a college. And why not, you have the credentials to get into a decent uni yet you've decided on a 2nd rate qualification at a mediocre college. You may disagree with their assumption the course is inappropriate and you won't leave after the course. But proving it is difficult and it's their right to be picky.

My best advice is to to be proactive and look to study for a degree at a university.
oh
firstly I have mentioned that its my personal opinion
and I said I hate the visa officer who kept my file under processing
I really love the country and I know that its a privilege to be there
and I dont hate him because of my previous rejection but I hate them for keeping my file under processing to let the intake skip (and its really waste of time for me)
there are options
they can even reject by giving proper reason so that I can set the wrong and correct my profile,
(it is clear that there is no appropriate reason for rejection and he is not satisfied to approve so he kept it pending)
the other option is to let me know there query if they have. so that I can help them in process from my side

and I respect the country and I dont know where u r frm but U can only understand if u experience it
U trust me or not I dont care it but the reason I choose to study in canada is not PR as my first aim
I thought to go to canada because I like the geological location of canada (u dont believe but I want to be there to experience arctic climate in NWT in future) I like those national parks and lands with no population
My favorite subject is environment and there is no direct degree leading to this subject in INDIA
even if I do bsc degree and geology as main in India I cant get satisfied with the subject and there way of teaching as this subject need field work and practicals

at one point seeing all courses etc., I really lost interest in studies
and when I decided to study in canada and as I found my interested subject
then again I got interest and started dreaming like I should do bachelors , master etc and excel in my field.
I gained the interest in study which I lost at one point of my life
this is not exaggeration and I dont get anything by convincing u

I like to be independent. I Like the life in canada like working pat time for living expenses and studying which includes practicals, slides in class I mean the new way of teaching etc
I get inspired when ppl talk abt building credit history in this forum (I feel to be big, matured and independent)
spending every $ by keeping in mind abt tomorrow

u can say that I can do all these things even in INDIA but its not practically possible here(atleast for me)
firstly the study system is different, and Ill have a car here which run on petrol of my parents money
I can earn but its hard to get job who pay me on hour basis and I cant do free service

and abt clg
I spoke with may consultants and attended many educational fairs and every one say all colleges in canada are the same but it should be public clg (when I ask which is the top clg or best clg in canada)
I choose centennial because it has joint program with university of toronto for this course and UOT is top clg as all know
and I cant afford UOT fee (23-28K CAD per year)
and I am interested in the field thats the reason I took advanced diploma as I cant get satisfied with the degree technician so I choose technology which is 3 years. and I will defenetly complete my bachelors and even further

finally dont offend someone blindly try to understand others point of view
how do u feel when u aim and that get ruined
I even cant go to the clg in jan as there is no post secondary programs in jan
wait for sep (1 year)
here is a chance for clarification for VO
blindly suppressing once opinion doesnt make u hero
if u know so much then try to help by giving alternative solution not criticizing
saying be patient is easy but waiting for 1 year is hard
some questions can be answered when ppl either experience it or if they are mature enough to understand even others point of view.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@AnilK

Thats like putting all your eggs in the same basket, which is a big gamble and then complaining when it does not pay off.

CIC can and sometimes does take more time for processing. considering the current strikes going on, it's kind of obvious it can take longer. This information is well known and applicants have to keep that in mind and have other options when applying. One has to consider all these aspects and either apply well ahead of time or have other options available if things dont work out.

moorw003

Aug 11, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/08/2013
Anil, I didn't mean to offend you. But I thought it was important to post something that wasn't sugar coated and was based in the real world. At the end of the day what I say to you has zero influence of the final decision. But it doesn't mean it's meaningless waffle.

There are a couple of things I just want query. You applied for a Visa in July. As the last poster on the thread noted, this is far too late. Visas can take a long time and as proved by your rejection and subsequent waiting, it's too late. When I applied to move to Canada, I allowed 6 months. Applying in July for a September course suggests it's a late or impulsive decision. I've already said that Canada is one of the hardest countries in the world to get a visa for, I think you've underestimated how tricky the process is, how the long the process can be and what you need to know to make your application successful.

The second thing I note is you saying you want to go to a college because you can't afford to go to Toronto University. This confuses me, Toronto University is the most expensive in the whole of Canada. Canada is a huge country and there are universities that charge less than the college you want to go to does.

My advice to you if your heart is set of Canada is look at the 100 or so universities over the whole country. Take plenty of time to think about it and prepare you application and case if you find a course and university you want to study at. And get some good advice. I assume you have an agent in India, if you have, get a second opinion.

There are so many people who come on here, post they've been rejected, don't understand why and feel their world has ended. It hasn't and I'm not suggesting you can't get in and I'm certainly not suggesting you should continue your studies in India (CIC maybe, but I'm not). I'm an international student, I know the attractiveness of moving to Canada.

But I read this forum a lot, and from experience making a late application to a college more often than not is going to end in failure.