+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Student Visa for 4 Mo Unpaid Internship, is Visitor Visa the way to go?

newuxtreme

Apr 20, 2015
Hey,

Long story short, Canadian embassy website is complete crap and makes you go around in circles. There is no way to call or contact someone, the only replies you get are automated e-mail replies.

I applied for a student permit since I thought that is what would be required(after going through their shitty questionnaire and guides) for a 4 month unpaid internship for a large and recognized/accredited university.

So, I got denied with the only thing they marked being that you have applied on a student permit and you require a work permit. No I fucking don't. It's less than 6 months and is unpaid.

So now I fill the questionnaire based on a work permits requirements and it quotes me :-

Code:
Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit)

You may be eligible to come to Canada as a foreign worker.
So wtf do they want from me a Visitors Visa or a Work permit? Would applying for a Visitors Visa along with an explanation of why the previous Visa got rejected suffice for a fast acceptance and processing time?

If it is the way to go does anyone know how soon can such an application go through with sufficient documents?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newuxtreme said:
Hey,

Long story short, Canadian embassy website is complete crap and makes you go around in circles. There is no way to call or contact someone, the only replies you get are automated e-mail replies.

I applied for a student permit since I thought that is what would be required(after going through their *censored word*ty questionnaire and guides) for a 4 month unpaid internship for a large and recognized/accredited university.

So, I got denied with the only thing they marked being that you have applied on a student permit and you require a work permit. No I *censored word*ing don't. It's less than 6 months and is unpaid.

So now I fill the questionnaire based on a work permits requirements and it quotes me :-

Code:
Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit)

You may be eligible to come to Canada as a foreign worker.
So wtf do they want from me a Visitors Visa or a Work permit? Would applying for a Visitors Visa along with an explanation of why the previous Visa got rejected suffice for a fast acceptance and processing time?

If it is the way to go does anyone know how soon can such an application go through with sufficient documents?
1. Hate to be the one to tell you, but CIC is correct. You require a work permit for an unpaid internship in Canada. The prospective employer has to obtain a LMIA before you can apply for the internship. the only other way is through International Experience Canada, where you would get an open work permit if your citizenship and age is eligible.