+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected SOWP should I try for study permit?

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
Hey guys,

Hope someone can help me in this case.!

I recently got rejected twice on spouse open work permit (my wife is a student in Canada) and it has been a very difficult time for us because of the separation.
So we are planning to try study permit for myself in order to increase my education and also be with my wife.

My doubts here are
  • Is trying to go on student permit a better idea or should I continue to try SOWP.
  • Will this cause more issues as I already have two rejects.
  • Will the visa officer assume I am only trying to come to canada.
  • Has anyone tried this.
Replies will be greatly appreciated on this situation.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The visa officer will assume you are only trying to come to Canada, no matter the cost. The two previous rejections will not help.

Good luck.

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
The visa officer will assume you are only trying to come to Canada, no matter the cost. The two previous rejections will not help.

Good luck.
Thanks for the response.

If I may ask what should I do next? Does this mean I cannot go to Canada at all?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for the response.

If I may ask what should I do next? Does this mean I cannot go to Canada at all?
You've already decided you want to try for a study permit. I assume you've been admitted to a reputable school that will further your current education and make sense given your career goals.

I guess all you can do is apply. If you're rejected, you'll need to seriously reconsider your goal of being with your wife while she studies.

Reactions: Eric1993

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
You've already decided you want to try for a study permit. I assume you've been admitted to a reputable school that will further your current education and make sense given your career goals.

I guess all you can do is apply. If you're rejected, you'll need to seriously reconsider your goal of being with your wife while she studies.
Thanks again.
Actually I haven't yet to get admitted to a reputable school.
We are still in the planning process.
Should I go for study visa or is it better to wait till my wife gets her PGWP.
Or should I even consider SOWP again?