+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Refugee Claimant-cannot go back to the home country-please help

Him414

Apr 24, 2022
I was in similar boat, they almost deported me. I applied for pr humanitarian grounds then couple months later got letter saying to come for interview because i have deportation stuff. i went to the interviews and they even booked a flight for me and everything. but my lawyer filed a quick stop of deportation and we won because of my children. so if u have a good lawyer they might be able to stop the deportation so u can stay and wait for pr decision.

rockrchh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I was in similar boat, they almost deported me. I applied for pr humanitarian grounds then couple months later got letter saying to come for interview because i have deportation stuff. i went to the interviews and they even booked a flight for me and everything. but my lawyer filed a quick stop of deportation and we won because of my children. so if u have a good lawyer they might be able to stop the deportation so u can stay and wait for pr decision.
how quick was the stop?? how many days/hours before the departure date? how quick did you find out that the deportation was stopped after your lawyer asked for it?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
We landed here in 2017 and filed for refuge. None of us have been on welfare we all worked. After four years of fighting a genuine case and being rejected for lack of evidence of personal persecution now we received a removal order interview letter. My bro and I are married to our partners and we have submitted our spousal sponsorship in October of 2021. Are we also at risk of being removed? Our parents are old and senior citizens we can’t let them go back. Any help with be good.
The lawyers are saying since we got rejected from Judicial Review in March we cannot apply for PRRA or H&C before that time period..
Can you provide some further context? Were you personally targeted as Pakistanis in your own city or anywhere in the country? What proof of personal prosecution did you provide? Maybe should look into h&c with stronger proofs.
Also, do you have any family or relatives in Pak? Are they also targeted or are they settled fine?

Him414

Apr 24, 2022
how quick was the stop?? how many days/hours before the departure date? how quick did you find out that the deportation was stopped after your lawyer asked for it?
they called me for my 3rd interview and gave me a flight ticket they booked for the next day. so they wanted me to leave the next day. but my lawyer had filed for cancellation of the deportation after my second interview. so i took the flight ticket and went home and later that evening my lawyer calls saying we won the case so i did not have to leave the next day. the important thing is to always show up when they invite you for interview because if you don’t they can arrest you.

rockrchh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
how many days/months passed since your 2nd and 3rd interview? yes, you are! we have to show up to the interviews! it must have been too stressful for you when you were given the flight ticket ((((

how many months passed since your sent your H&C and your interview? I am kind of a similar boat ((( I filed for a second H&C in April 6 with new evidence and stuff, I do not have any interviews yet, but the border officer has asked me to get an appointment to get a new passport and I should do so this Friday morning ( right now the system for passports in closed).

Once I get the appointment scheduled then I should let the border officer know asap.

How did you cope with too much stress? I can't even eat ((((

Last edited:

Him414

Apr 24, 2022
Just do everything they tell you to do but also make sure you have an immigration lawyer to guild you. My lawyer did most of the work so I can’t tell you much.

MitGup

Nov 27, 2021
Can you tell me the name of your lawyer?

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

I am looking for a good lawyer for H&C or Refugee claim. do you mind sharing your lawyer's details. Feel free to DM me if you do not want to post it here.
Would be really appreciated.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am looking for a good lawyer for H&C or Refugee claim. do you mind sharing your lawyer's details. Feel free to DM me if you do not want to post it here.
Would be really appreciated.

Thanks
You are a refugee or you aren’t one if you are debating between an asylum claim and an H&C claim you probably don’t have a case for asylum.

Reactions: Buletruck

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
You are a refugee or you aren’t one if you are debating between an asylum claim and an H&C claim you probably don’t have a case for asylum.
Thank you for the clarification but I didn't think I would need to provide the complete background for why I am debating between the two. I can certainly send you the details if you are interested. (Like people used to be to help people rather than jumping to conclusions)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for the clarification but I didn't think I would need to provide the complete background for why I am debating between the two. I can certainly send you the details if you are interested. (Like people used to be to help people rather than jumping to conclusions)
You can google around your area and you should be able to find a lawyer for legal advise

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
[/QUOTE

You don’t need to provide the reason to the forum. I am saying in general if people question whether they fit the narrow definition of what is required to get approved as a protected person they probably don’t have grounds for an asylum application.

Reactions: Copingwithlife