+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Express Entry Eligibility

N.thakuri

Jul 10, 2018
Hi all,

I just applied for Express Entry, and within 5 minutes, got a message saying the I was ineligible for Express Entry. However, I checked my eligibility multiple times (and am eligible), and my calculated score is ~540.

Here are my details:
Education qualification: Masters (2 years in US) and Bachelors (4 years in India). Got is verified from WES
IELTS: Reading: 9, Listening: 9, Speaking: 8.5, Writing: 7.5
Work experience: 3 years of 1112 in India (Financial and investment analysts: Skill level A), 3 months of 1122 in USA (Professional occupations in business management consulting: Skill Level A)
#People I am applying for: 1
Funds to bring in Canada: 50000

Application details: We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool. Check your messages below for details.
Minimum entry criteria You do not meet the minimum entry criteria.
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Could someone suggest what is going wrong? I am completely clueless, and am quite worried as to when/ how I should reapply.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a ton!!

N.thakuri

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

My first application got rejected cause of my police report from Nepal which is now resloved. I did my Internet research and found out it is common for cic to reject the application as incomplete without asking for additional documents. Anyway I created a second ee profile as it said in the email that we need to create a new EE profile if we still want to come to canada.i created a second new express entry this time only for my wife as we changed our mind and changed the fund to $14000 (first time for 2 applicants we put $20,000). This is the only change we made. Her points are 478. But the new EE profile got rejected saying she does not meet the minimum criteria after couple of hours and I posted it on the page and waited for a day or so. Nothing happened and I created a second profile again thinking I might have missed something but as soon as I submitted the profile I got an email immediately again saying not eligible? I am sure that i have met all the criteria when creating the second and third ee profile as I have received ITA before and the come to canada tool says I am eligible. Do you have any idea about this?
I am very worried and have reported a techincal issue to cic and also filled the ircc web form but havent heard anything.
Thank you in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My first application got rejected cause of my police report from Nepal which is now resloved. I did my Internet research and found out it is common for cic to reject the application as incomplete without asking for additional documents. Anyway I created a second ee profile as it said in the email that we need to create a new EE profile if we still want to come to canada.i created a second new express entry this time only for my wife as we changed our mind and changed the fund to $14000 (first time for 2 applicants we put $20,000). This is the only change we made. Her points are 478. But the new EE profile got rejected saying she does not meet the minimum criteria after couple of hours and I posted it on the page and waited for a day or so. Nothing happened and I created a second profile again thinking I might have missed something but as soon as I submitted the profile I got an email immediately again saying not eligible? I am sure that i have met all the criteria when creating the second and third ee profile as I have received ITA before and the come to canada tool says I am eligible. Do you have any idea about this?
I am very worried and have reported a techincal issue to cic and also filled the ircc web form but havent heard anything.
Thank you in advance.
Are you a CEC or FSW applicant? If FSW, do you meet the required 67 out of 100 points under the six selection factors?

N.thakuri

Jul 10, 2018
I dont know about six selection factors to be honest. I did not see this when I was reading express entry on the cic website.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the primary NOC and does she has a year of continuous work experience under such NOC?
Has she evaluated her educational credentials?
Did you make the common mistake of stating hours worked per day instead of hours worked per week?
Did you state degree in good standing instead of awarded.
Are the IETLS/CELPIP scores still valid?

N.thakuri

Jul 10, 2018
What is the primary NOC and does she has a year of continuous work experience under such NOC?
Did you make the common mistake of stating hours worked per day instead of hours worked per week?
Noc 0311 health managers
20 hours per week 8/12 to 7/15

40 hours per week 7/15 to present
Eca verified as masters equivalent
My current status on the first application says application cancelled as incomplete and got a message saying
migration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for
permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements
of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
:The Police certificate from Nepal was issued prior to your last
residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on 2009/06/10. Your
last residence in this country was 2009/08/10.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, IRCC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes
a refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already
paid this fee.

Then I created a new second ee profile which got this message below couple of hours after i created it. I then created a third one thinking I might have made a mistake in the second one but this got the same msg too a minute after a submitted so it is really bizzaire .
Based on then informationyou gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these
programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also consider applying directly to a province or territory through the Provincial Nominee Program. Learn
more here: .
Find out more about immigrating to Canada at .

Dear
Express Entry Profile:

o qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the
information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these
programs at the moment.
Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also consider applying directly to a province or territory through the Provincial Nominee Program. Learn
more here: .
Find out more about immigrating to Canada at

rahuldwivedi

Jul 13, 2018
Thats a relief.
I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can I use the same profile, and make a new application? Or is that not a good thing, since I am changing some answers now?
2. There is a field that asks: Have you applied to Canada for PR, refugee, immigration etc. before? Should I say "No" there?
I faced a similar situation. Got my application rejected within two minutes. Guess, that's because I did a mistake in filling up TRF no. of IELTS (I wrongly put my candidate # instead). So what did you answer in the fresh application to the question- "Have you applied to Canada for PR, refugee, immigration etc. before? Should I say "No" there?"