+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected Express Entry Eligibility

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
Hi all,

I just applied for Express Entry, and within 5 minutes, got a message saying the I was ineligible for Express Entry. However, I checked my eligibility multiple times (and am eligible), and my calculated score is ~540.

Here are my details:
Education qualification: Masters (2 years in US) and Bachelors (4 years in India). Got is verified from WES
IELTS: Reading: 9, Listening: 9, Speaking: 8.5, Writing: 7.5
Work experience: 3 years of 1112 in India (Financial and investment analysts: Skill level A), 3 months of 1122 in USA (Professional occupations in business management consulting: Skill Level A)
#People I am applying for: 1
Funds to bring in Canada: 50000

Application details: We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool. Check your messages below for details.
Minimum entry criteria You do not meet the minimum entry criteria.
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Could someone suggest what is going wrong? I am completely clueless, and am quite worried as to when/ how I should reapply.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a ton!!

Last edited:

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all,

I just applied for Express Entry, and within 5 minutes, got a message saying the I was ineligible for Express Entry. However, I checked my eligibility multiple times (and am eligible), and my calculated score is ~540.

Here are my details:
Education qualification: Masters (2 years in US) and Bachelors (4 years in India)
IELTS: Reading: 9, Listening: 9, Speaking: 8.5, Writing: 7.5
Work experience: 3 years of 1112 in India (Financial and investment analysts: Skill level A), 3 months of 1122 in USA (Professional occupations in business management consulting: Skill Level A)
#People I am applying for: 1

Application details: We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool. Check your messages below for details.
Minimum entry criteria You do not meet the minimum entry criteria.
Federal Skilled Worker Not Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met

Could someone suggest what is going wrong? I am completely clueless, and am quite worried as to when/ how I should reapply.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a ton!!
We'll probably need a bit more info, but you appear to meet FSW eligibility based on the info you provided.
The 2 possible major reasons for rejection:

1) Did you get Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs) completed for your degrees?
2) Did you indicate that you will be bringing more than CAD$12,300 to Canada for settlement purposes?

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
We'll probably need a bit more info, but you appear to meet FSW eligibility based on the info you provided.
The 2 possible major reasons for rejection:

1) Did you get Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs) completed for your degrees? Yes (June 2017)
2) Did you indicate that you will be bringing more than CAD$12,300 to Canada for settlement purposes? Yes. Mentioned 50,000

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hmm...what were the years that you worked? Are any of them outside of the last 10 years?
Also, was your 3-year work experience full-time, paid, and continuous?
When did you take your language test?
What did you list as your primary NOC? 1122 or 1112?

Reactions: juhi29

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
Do you meet the required funds?
What is your primary NOC?
Do you have a year of continuous work experience in such NOC?
What is your score under the six selection factors of the FSW program? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Have you assessed your educational credentials?

-Yes, I meet the required funds: 50000
-Very good point. My primary NOC is 1122 (with 3 months experience only. But I did mention that I became eligible to perform this since 5 years ago). But I have 3 years experience in 1112. Do you think that might be an issue? Both are Skill Level A.
- I am a little confused when it comes to calculating score here. I have an MBA, but my job is 1122 (not NOC 2011, as mentioned in this link). I used http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, and my score is ~540 here
-Yes, WES assessed my credentials

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
-Yes, I meet the required funds: 50000
-Very good point. My primary NOC is 1122 (with 3 months experience only. But I did mention that I became eligible to perform this since 5 years ago). But I have 3 years experience in 1112. Do you think that might be an issue? Both are Skill Level A.
- I am a little confused when it comes to calculating score here. I have an MBA, but my job is 1122 (not NOC 2011, as mentioned in this link). I used http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, and my score is ~540 here
-Yes, WES assessed my credentials
I think the issue might be your primary NOC. I don't think it counts from when you became qualified; it's based on how many years of actual work experience you have in the field... can you change your primary NOC to the other one?

FYI: FSW eligibility is different from your CRS Score (which is what that 540 appears to be - the FSW Eligibility score is only out of 100). But based on what you told us, you are eligible under FSW - the eligibility score grid is here if you want to calculate it yourself: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)]."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
Hmm...what were the years that you worked? Are any of them outside of the last 10 years?
Also, was your 3-year work experience full-time, paid, and continuous?
When did you take your language test?
What did you list as your primary NOC? 1122 or 1112?
-Yes, it was full-time, paid and continuous
- I took my language test in June, 2017
- Primary NOC: 1122 (only 3 months experience in this. But I mentioned that I became eligible for this since April 2012). Do you think this is where I went wrong?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
-Yes, it was full-time, paid and continuous
- I took my language test in June, 2017
- Primary NOC: 1122 (only 3 months experience in this. But I mentioned that I became eligible for this since April 2012). Do you think this is where I went wrong?
Yes (see above posts from me and DelPiero). It doesn't count from when you became qualified; it's based on how many years of actual work experience you have in the field

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
I think the issue might be your primary NOC. I don't think it counts from when you became qualified; it's based on how many years of actual work experience you have in the field... can you change your primary NOC to the other one?

FYI: FSW eligibility is different from your CRS Score (which is what that 540 appears to be - the FSW Eligibility score is only out of 100). But based on what you told us, you are eligible under FSW - the eligibility score grid is here if you want to calculate it yourself: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Is there a way to change the primary NOC after receiving ineligibility? I am not able to find my inputs in that application.
If I cannot, when can I reapply?
If I reapply, is it okay to to apply from the same account, or is it a negative thing? Because, I will have to quote this rejection in my new application, right?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Is there a way to change the primary NOC after receiving ineligibility? I am not able to find my inputs in that application.
If I cannot, when can I reapply?
If I reapply, is it okay to to apply from the same account, or is it a negative thing? Because, I will have to quote this rejection in my new application, right?
I think you have to just create a new profile - you can do so right away. A new profile won't affect your application in any way. Please note though, submitting an Express Entry profile isn't actually submitting an application; it's just an expression of interest. The application comes after you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). So this isn't an application rejection.

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
I think you have to just create a new profile - you can do so right away. A new profile won't affect your application in any way. Please note though, submitting an Express Entry profile isn't actually submitting an application; it's just an expression of interest. The application comes after you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). So this isn't an application rejection.
Thats a relief.
I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can I use the same profile, and make a new application? Or is that not a good thing, since I am changing some answers now?
2. There is a field that asks: Have you applied to Canada for PR, refugee, immigration etc. before? Should I say "No" there?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thats a relief.
I have a couple of questions though.

1. Can I use the same profile, and make a new application? Or is that not a good thing, since I am changing some answers now?
2. There is a field that asks: Have you applied to Canada for PR, refugee, immigration etc. before? Should I say "No" there?
1. When you say profile, do you mean your myCIC account? Because the profile is the Express Entry profile, and you have to create a new one of these... but you should be able to do it under the same myCIC account (I think - not sure, because I never had to)

2. You would answer 'No'. Like I said, an Express Entry profile isn't an application; it's an expression of Interest. Unless you applied for something else (e.g. a Temporary Resident (Visitor's) Visa, or a student visa, or work permit)...

juhi29

Oct 8, 2017
1. When you say profile, do you mean your myCIC account? Because the profile is the Express Entry profile, and you have to create a new one of these... but you should be able to do it under the same myCIC account (I think - not sure, because I never had to)

2. You would answer 'No'. Like I said, an Express Entry profile isn't an application; it's an expression of Interest. Unless you applied for something else (e.g. a Temporary Resident (Visitor's) Visa, or a student visa, or work permit)...
Got it. You have been a savior. Thank you so much :)