+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected by CIO twice, what to do next?

windor2000

Feb 6, 2010
Hi, guys

I am really frustrated to face the rejection by CIO twice. I used to study a master degree in Canada from July 2008 to Oct. 2009. I brought forward my application in July 2009 and Oct 2009 respectively for Category 3 ( For students who are legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months immediately before submitting their application.) I included all the documents that I could get to prove the above facts, including photocopy of my passport, my study permit (valid from July 16, 2008 to Oct 30, 2009), official transcript, official letter from my department to indicate that I am eligible to graduate and will graduate in Oct. 2009.
However, I was rejected twice for the same reason that I have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that I have been legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months as an international student immediately before submitting their application.
I feel so confused and helpless because I do not know what else I can provide to prove that. according to the checklist, for category 3, as an international student, you have to provide the following documents:
1. proof that you have been legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months as an international student immediately before submitting their application.
AND
2. a photocopy of :
your study permit Or
other proof of your students status and
proof of enrollment from your educational institution.

I just wonder what documents should I supplment to prove No.1 (proof that you have been legally residing in Canada, and have done so for at least 12 months as an international student immediately before submitting their application. )

Any suggestions, please I need your help!!!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I don't know much about FSW3, so maybe others will suggest better. Do you think electricity bill for 12 months will count?

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi windor2000,

In my case, here are my papers to prove my status in canada:

1. A letter from university to state that I am a registered full-time student from xx to xx.

2. My phone bill.

3. My transcript (they don't even open my transcript and return it to me as it is original)

4. My study permit.

Good luck to you.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
windor2000,

Did you finish your master degree in october 2009 ? if yes what is you current status now in canada is it " post graduate work permit holder" ? if yes, how long is your work permit ?

windor2000

Feb 6, 2010
Hi, yea, I finished my master degree in Oct. 2009 and got a 3-year postgraduate open work permit. Due to the fact that my passport expires in June 2011, the 3-year open work permit ends on that day and needs me to extend it after I get my passport renewed.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck man,

Do not forget when you reapply to send all of the following:

Copy of your expired study permits (all of them)

Copy of your first visa inside your passport with copy of the entry stamp and any new visa if you have it.

Copy of your financial receipts for your university (tuition fees)

Original transcript from your university for the master degree along with the original certificate.

Copy of any documents prove your past legal status such as; bills, bank letters sent to your address.....and so on.

Copy of your post graduate work permit along with letter from your employer confirming that you are working in his company.

Copy of any assessment notifications for the tax return sent to you by government canada.

I know that i over exaggerated the required documents, but sometimes people who work for immigration canada are retarded, so it is not worth it to get your application refused for the third time.

Good luck.

windor2000

Feb 6, 2010
Hi, thank you so much providing such a detailed instruction for my third try. It is really helpful and wish good luck this time. THANKS AGAIN!

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Windor2000,

More than enough tip for you.Wish you all the best.

Ig