+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reject application

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Hi my friends,

I applied for my dad to renew his application. But he got rejected.
His biometric will going to expire on June 2027,
And his passport will expire in 3 years.

This is respond,

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2027/07/02 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
  • You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
  • However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
  • Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.

I really don't understand what's going on here.
If the reason is his biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada which it is. When his passport expires in 3 years and he has over 4 years and half biometric why should rejected!!!!

Please help me to understand. Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi my friends,

I applied for my dad to renew his application. But he got rejected.
His biometric will going to expire on June 2027,
And his passport will expire in 3 years.

This is respond,

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2027/07/02 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
  • You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
  • However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
  • Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.

I really don't understand what's going on here.
If the reason is his biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada which it is. When his passport expires in 3 years and he has over 4 years and half biometric why should rejected!!!!

Please help me to understand. Thanks
The letter just says that your father already has a valid biometric and it wasn’t necessary to repeat.

Reactions: Shervin_f_s

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Review of eligibility
We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.

We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.

BUT THERE IS NO LETTER why they refused for renew my dad's Canadian visa!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Review of eligibility
We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.

We regret to inform you that your application was refused. Check your messages below for details.

BUT THERE IS NO LETTER why they refused for renew my dad's Canadian visa!!!
Can you post that information without personal information. When did you get notified? Would order GCMS notes for more information. What was his profile? How long did he want to visit? How long had he visited Canada in the past? How much savings was he showing? Is he still working or does he have other ties to his home country?

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Can you post that information without personal information. When did you get notified? Would order GCMS notes for more information. What was his profile? How long did he want to visit? How long had he visited Canada in the past? How much savings was he showing? Is he still working or does he have other ties to his home country?
He wanted to visit 2 months as usual,
Shows $20,000 , yes he has his own business.

Shylock

Jul 31, 2018
If it helps, we're in the same boat. My father-in-law and mother-in-law's application had the exact same rejection update on Friday with the exact same biometric letter. There's no rejection letter yet. They also had Canada tourist visa earlier which had expired with the older passport.
This biometric letter seems to just be something to keep for record if they apply again. I'm hoping they upload rejection letter with some reason for rejection soon, so they can reapply.

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
I am going to sue immigration soon. I am not going to reapply because doesn't make scene to me. I am 100% sure they didn't open application and check that. That's why there isn't any letter because there us no reason to reject. Last time I sue them and I got visa . Someone had a visa and when they came back to their back home it means there is no reason to rejection. I will sue them like last time and let's see

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
I am going to sue immigration soon. I am not going to reapply because doesn't make scene to me. I am 100% sure they didn't open application and check that. That's why there isn't any letter because there us no reason to reject. Last time I sue them and I got visa . Someone had a visa and when they came back to their back home it means there is no reason to rejection. I will sue them like last time and let's see
How you do and now how you will contact them becaus no customer care and no office visit allowed no email reply

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
I will hire lawyer and I will go court. I will show them, they didn't open application and they refused because of nothing.

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Hi my friends,

Finally as I mentioned they sent me same refusal letter, usually they are sending to everyone. Let me share that,

1- You have significant family ties in Canada.
My answer: They need me to move out of the country then my parents can come to Canada.

2- Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself.
$20,000 , it wasn't enough for a month? Additionally we mentioned we will support everything?

3- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Should I die to my parents visit me? They cannot meet their child?

Next step
your new application may be refused unless it is supported by new or different information that would satisfy the officer that you meet all application requirements.

They never open application. Always send same letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi my friends,

Finally as I mentioned they sent me same refusal letter, usually they are sending to everyone. Let me share that,

1- You have significant family ties in Canada.
My answer: They need me to move out of the country then my parents can come to Canada.

2- Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself.
$20,000 , it wasn't enough for a month? Additionally we mentioned we will support everything?

3- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Should I die to my parents visit me? They cannot meet their child?

Next step
your new application may be refused unless it is supported by new or different information that would satisfy the officer that you meet all application requirements.

They never open application. Always send same letter.
So you did get a letter and I assure you they did open your application. Could something have been missed, yes that is certainly possible, but many have similar reasons for refusal because many have similar situations.

1. Do you have other family members living in Canada? It looks like your father may be a widow so there would be more concern of him not returning to his home country. Does he have any close family members in his home country like children, parents, etc. What is his citizenship and is he living in the country of his citizenship?

2. Are his assets in a personal account that he only uses for personal expenses or is this also a business account. How long has he had 20k as a balance. Did you also submit your financial information and approximately how much savings did you show?

3. How long did you father ask to visit Canada? How long did he stay on previous visits? When did he last leave Canada? Is he still employed? What was his reason to visit Canada? Were their any other ties that he mentioned to show that he would return to his home country?

Would realky recommend order GCMS notes and reapply. Much less expensive than hiring a lawyer and applying for JR.

Reactions: Shervin_f_s

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Hi,

Please explain about GCMS notes, What's different? They already sent me sample reason always sent to everyone. What other information may o get?

Last edited:

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

Please explain about GCMS notes, What's different? They already sent me sample reason always sent to everyone. What other information may o get?
I would suggest send reconsideration request immediately through webform and strongly argue these refusal reasons and request them to reopen the file and same time apply for gcms notes... I'm 100% agree with you most of the time VO's don't read files properly and I'm one of the example here in this forum who challenged/argued the refusal reasons and got successfully approved with the same application within 1 week of time and when i received notes i found that VO wrote that i was got refused in the year 2017 whereas i didn't apply any visa in 2017