+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reissue PR card- urgent case

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Does anyone have experience of getting the PR card renewed or reissued for urgent case with proof of travel? What's time line of getting a new PR card mailed to you from the date CIC receives the application? Mine has been 7 weeks and still don't see a new card or status online. I phoned CIC and they said they don't see my file that it's in process. I have a proof of delivery that PR processing centre has received my application. Please anyone share your experience with me. I will be travelling outside of Canada soon but still don't have a PR card.

Application received Aug 29th
Travelling date: Dec 24th

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siraprapha said:
Does anyone have experience of getting the PR card renewed or reissued for urgent case with proof of travel? What's time line of getting a new PR card mailed to you from the date CIC receives the application? Mine has been 7 weeks and still don't see a new card or status online. I phoned CIC and they said they don't see my file that it's in process. I have a proof of delivery that PR processing centre has received my application. Please anyone share your experience with me. I will be travelling outside of Canada soon but still don't have a PR card.

Application received Aug 29th
Travelling date: Dec 24th

Thanks,
Unfortunately urgent cases are no longer processed fast. They are still faster than normal cases but still not fast so enough for people who need to travel soon. So expect to get it closer to your travel date and dont be surprised if you dont.

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hi CanV,

Thank you for your reply. After contacting CIC regarding to urgent case, I received email today refusing to process my app urgently. They said that they are unable to process my case urgently because I am a 'New Permanent Resident'. I am very confused what they mean by that. Their website said if you will be travelling in the next 3 months and have proof of delivery and payment, you can request for an urgent case.

Do you know what is definition of 'New Permanent Resident'?

This is what they sent to me;

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

New Permanent Resident – No Possibility of Urgent Processing

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently, but that there is no urgent procedure for new permanent residents. Please contact our Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., local time) to obtain the current status of your PR card.

I became a PR on May 28th.
I received my PR card in July but my PR card contains incorrect info so I got my COPR amended and immediately submitted my re-issue PR card application (urgent case) because I will be travelling outside of Canada for couple weeks in Dec.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For these purposes, "New Permanent Resident" means that this is your first ever PR card. Only renewal can benefit from "urgent processing".

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New permanent residents, like yourself, get processed faster, 2-3 months. Its true there is no urgent processing for first time PR card, only renewal. I am not sure how long corrections to new PR cards take to process, but it shouldnt be more than the 2-3 months, similar to how long it takes to issue a new one originally.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Siraprapha said:
Thank you for your reply. After contacting CIC regarding to urgent case, I received email today refusing to process my app urgently. They said that they are unable to process my case urgently because I am a 'New Permanent Resident'. I am very confused what they mean by that. Their website said if you will be travelling in the next 3 months and have proof of delivery and payment, you can request for an urgent case.
You don't qualify for urgent processing since this is your first PR card. Only those renewing PR cards qualify for urgent processing.

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Thank you everyone. I got it now. I didn't know that new permanent residents don't have this benefit otherwise I would not bother to try to get my PR reissued because there is no way I can get it done before I travel anyway. But I needed to get my paperwork corrected because I need to fix it within 60 days according to CIC. The incorrect part is my Given Name! Oh boy..

Anyway, I have COPR, Status Verification with my correct given name, amendment approval letter from CIC, employment contract, employment letter from my company, CRA assessment, bank statement, etc..

Are these paperwork enough for me to get a travel document approved?

Thank you.

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hi guys,

I found this clause under reissue PR card topic. If it's true, how come I don't get my card within 15 days?

'Requests to reissue PR Cards are processed on a priority basis. If your application is properly completed and you meet the requirements for the reissuance of your PR Card, you will receive your new card within approximately 15 working days from the time the request is received at the PR Card processing office.'

I am confident that my application is properly done otherwise they would have return it by now. It has been 2 months since they received my application. I don't really know what went wrong. I checked with call centre they said they don't see that my application is on file. I have a proof of delivery that they have received my application.

Should I resubmit my application again? But this time I will not have my original PR card since I have mailed it to them 2 months ago.

I'm hopeless :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Siraprapha said:
Hi guys,

I found this clause under reissue PR card topic. If it's true, how come I don't get my card within 15 days?

'Requests to reissue PR Cards are processed on a priority basis. If your application is properly completed and you meet the requirements for the reissuance of your PR Card, you will receive your new card within approximately 15 working days from the time the request is received at the PR Card processing office.'
As you've been repeatedly told, you don't qualify for urgent processing since this is your first PR card and not a PR card renewal. The paragraph you have quoted above doesn't apply to you. It only applies to people who are renewing their PR cards.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Siraprapha said:
Thank you everyone. I got it now. I didn't know that new permanent residents don't have this benefit otherwise I would not bother to try to get my PR reissued because there is no way I can get it done before I travel anyway. But I needed to get my paperwork corrected because I need to fix it within 60 days according to CIC. The incorrect part is my Given Name! Oh boy..

Anyway, I have COPR, Status Verification with my correct given name, amendment approval letter from CIC, employment contract, employment letter from my company, CRA assessment, bank statement, etc..

Are these paperwork enough for me to get a travel document approved?

Thank you.
You just became a PR. If you don't get your card in time to travel in December then you will most certainly be able to get a PRTD to travel back to Canada especially if you are only going for a very short time. So long as you don't leave in December and stay gone for the next 4 years you'll be fine. ;)

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Thank you Alurra71! Yes, I will be leaving Canada for only couple weeks to attend my wedding ceremony in my home country. I have planned for this event for almost a year and have spent a lot of money to make it happens. I just don't have luck about this PR card thing.
I can't really call-off my wedding so I will have to prepare supporting documents the best I can. I am crossing my fingers that things will go well.

Thank you all for your answers.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Siraprapha said:
Thank you Alurra71! Yes, I will be leaving Canada for only couple weeks to attend my wedding ceremony in my home country. I have planned for this event for almost a year and have spent a lot of money to make it happens. I just don't have luck about this PR card thing.
I can't really call-off my wedding so I will have to prepare supporting documents the best I can. I am crossing my fingers that things will go well.

Thank you all for your answers.
You won't really need supporting documents other than a copy of your COPR. They'll be able to see your landing date based on that and will issue you a PRTD without problems if you've only been gone a few weeks.

Good luck with your wedding!

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

There isn't much going on this thread ...

I have checked the responses from almost everyone...

@scylla - What you said doesn't seems to be correct. Reason being as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5530Eguide.asp

It clearly says that "Requests to reissue PR Cards are processed on a priority basis. If your application is properly completed and you meet the requirements for the reissuance of your PR Card, you will receive your new card within approximately 15 working days from the time the request is received at the PR Card processing office." under the What happens next section.

It clearly says about re-issuance and NOT renewal.

For Renewals and Initial Cards, please follow the link below,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

As for the re-issuance, one should still receive in 15 working days.

Anyways - Has anyone received their cards by now? Coz the above link says Working on applications received up to January 9, 2015

Appreciate your response :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
man4uni said:
Hi All,

There isn't much going on this thread ...

I have checked the responses from almost everyone...

@ scylla - What you said doesn't seems to be correct. Reason being as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5530Eguide.asp

It clearly says that "Requests to reissue PR Cards are processed on a priority basis. If your application is properly completed and you meet the requirements for the reissuance of your PR Card, you will receive your new card within approximately 15 working days from the time the request is received at the PR Card processing office." under the What happens next section.

It clearly says about re-issuance and NOT renewal.

For Renewals and Initial Cards, please follow the link below,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

As for the re-issuance, one should still receive in 15 working days.

Anyways - Has anyone received their cards by now? Coz the above link says Working on applications received up to January 9, 2015

Appreciate your response :)
Scylla is not wrong in any of her assertions in regards to the OP's inability to request urgent processing. He was waiting for his initial PR card after landing, which is not a renewal NOR a re-issuance It is and was a first time application and does not, under any circumstances, qualify for 'urgent' processing. I can only assume that the OP has since received his very first PR card.

The date you have noted for applications they are working on is completely irrelevant to the OP's post. A first time PR card does not follow the same rules as a renewal or re-issuance.

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
Scylla is not wrong in any of her assertions in regards to the OP's inability to request urgent processing. He was waiting for his initial PR card after landing, which is not a renewal NOR a re-issuance It is and was a first time application and does not, under any circumstances, qualify for 'urgent' processing. I can only assume that the OP has since received his very first PR card.

The date you have noted for applications they are working on is completely irrelevant to the OP's post. A first time PR card does not follow the same rules as a renewal or re-issuance.
Okay got it! One cannot apply for "URGENT" for the first/initial PR card.

However, you saying information provided at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp is not correct?? ???