+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reissue PR CARD - if error from CIC

Abm0o7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone have applied to reissue pr card and could share experience, I want to know the time frame and how actively they process this request as there is no processing time frame mentioned any where on cic website. Any help will be much appreciated.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
If you're talking about IMM5530: takes approx. same time as a PR Card renewal. The worst part however is that there's no e-cas or anything like that. Or at least it did not use to be.

Abm0o7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
bubulici said:
If you're talking about IMM5530: takes approx. same time as a PR Card renewal. The worst part however is that there's no e-cas or anything like that. Or at least it did not use to be.

Thanks

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abm0o7 said:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone have applied to reissue pr card and could share experience, I want to know the time frame and how actively they process this request as there is no processing time frame mentioned any where on cic website. Any help will be much appreciated.
Re-issue or renew? If you have lost it I don't think it will take much time to replace it. However if you are renewing an expired card it could take up to 1 year! I had to renew my card and I sent off my application in March 2016 and only got my new card 2 days ago. The website when I applied said 93 days but it actually took around 300 days.

blackpool_98

Jan 22, 2010
Two years back I got my PR card with Name spelling error. Recently I filled form IMM 5531 with copies of passport, Landing papers, visa. new photos and $ 50 fees along with origional PR card to Nova Scotia office from Toronto. However they returned it after two months without correction.

Now my question is what else need to be done???
Can I travel abroad with this card?

Feb 14, 2024
Hi anyone here have experience request for reissuing new PR card . I just received my card and the gender is not correct instead of male they put female . What will I do ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..