File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it not matter my job skills? and recommendation and etc?
I don't understand your questions.

If you want to come to Canada, the first step is to apply for rehabilitation and see if rehabilitation is approved. That is the first step. Start with that.

elgama

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015

If you want to come to Canada, the first step is to apply for rehabilitation and see if rehabilitation is approved. That is the first step. Start with that.
Thanks, I want to try that

elgama

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Immigration will be difficult due to your age.

The work permit will be difficult due you your past illegal status and deportation from the US.

It's really up to you what you do. If you want to try for the work permit, then you need to start by applying for rehabilitation.
that's a confusing part that i don't understand, i know a friend of mine that was detained for 2 dui's in the second one he signed voluntary departure for his illegal status in USA, since 2011 he goes to work temporarily to canada year after year, what i do see that where he goes to work is in the agricultural field, unskilled labor, does that count? or is it because he is hiding his crimes and canada immigration has not discovered him?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017

I can completely relate to the OP I myself has been removed my the USA, came to canada illegally, I have a seriously criminality inadmissibility clause which prohibits me from getting a PR without some exemptions e.g H&C or Criminal Rehabilitation application. I submitted H&C coupled with PR and also submitted Rehabilitation applicationin 2018. Since 2018 I have not received any form of communication from them in relation to my application, not even to say "we received your application" no file number nothing. its been forever and I have not heard anything. My case is located on CANLII as well

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I can completely relate to the OP I myself has been removed my the USA, came to canada illegally, I have a seriously criminality inadmissibility clause which prohibits me from getting a PR without some exemptions e.g H&C or Criminal Rehabilitation application. I submitted H&C coupled with PR and also submitted Rehabilitation applicationin 2018. Since 2018 I have not received any form of communication from them in relation to my application, not even to say "we received your application" no file number nothing. its been forever and I have not heard anything. My case is located on CANLII as well
Did you apply on your own or through a lawyer / consultant?

What do you mean by "my case is located on CANLII as well"? Do you mean cases similar to yours or do you have an application that was already refused and you are going through the appeal process?

I'm also not sure what you mean by "submitted H&C coupled with PR". Do you mean that you applied for PR through the H&C program? Or did you apply through a different immigration stream and request H&C consideration?

Did you qualify for rehabilitation at the time you applied?

Dec 18, 2017
Did you apply on your own or through a lawyer / consultant?

What do you mean by "my case is located on CANLII as well"? Do you mean cases similar to yours or do you have an application that was already refused and you are going through the appeal process?

I'm also not sure what you mean by "submitted H&C coupled with PR". Do you mean that you applied for PR through the H&C program? Or did you apply through a different immigration stream and request H&C consideration?

Did you qualify for rehabilitation at the time you applied?
1: applied with lawyer
2: my specific case (my case, not similar case)
3: defer of removal was refused then went thru judicial review which was granted. (On canli)
4: coupled meaning PR granted if H&C approved
5: I applied when I was eligible, 10yrs+ since completing sentence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1: applied with lawyer
2: my specific case (my case, not similar case)
3: defer of removal was refused then went thru judicial review which was granted. (On canli)
4: coupled meaning PR granted if H&C approved
5: I applied when I was eligible, 10yrs+ since completing sentence.
What does your lawyer say?

What were the outcomes of the JD and what date was the JD decision received?

Was your removal deferred pending the outcomes of the rehab + H&C application? Something else?

I'm still confused by #4. Did you apply for PR through the H&C program / stream directly? Normally the word "coupled" is used when someone applied for PR through a regular immigration stream (e.g. family sponsorship) however they have an admissibility issues so they requested H&C consideration. Then you are coupling a regular immigration application with an H&C consideration request. But it sounds like you applied through H&C directly.

Dec 18, 2017
q1 What does your lawyer say?

q2 What were the outcomes of the JD and what date was the JD decision received?

q3 Was your removal deferred pending the outcomes of the rehab + H&C application? Something else?

q4 I'm still confused by #4. Did you apply for PR through the H&C program / stream directly? Normally the word "coupled" is used when someone applied for PR through a regular immigration stream (e.g. family sponsorship) however they have an admissibility issues so they requested H&C consideration. Then you are coupling a regular immigration application with an H&C consideration request. But it sounds like you applied through H&C directly.
1: lawyer said its normal that sometimes they don't send file number or any thing say that they received your application
2: JD out come is "
THIS COURT’S JUDGMENT is that:

2.1. The application for judicial review is granted.

2.2. The matter is returned for redetermination by another decision-maker."

3: We requested removal deferred pending the outcomes of the H&C application? it was denied then the JD process began.

4: Yes you are correct about "coupled" it was coupled I did after i did PR with inadmissibility. it was coupled with H&C

Last edited:

Rehabman

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Guys,

I applied for an ETA in 2021 and during its review, i was requested to submit a Crim Rehab application for 'Non-Serious Criminality' in Feb 2022.

Convictions are as follows:

March 2013 - Misuse of Drugs Act (Fine £150)
March 2014 - Drunk Driving (Fine £330 & a license suspension of 17 Months)

I compiled all the documents required in a synchronized manner and submitted my application at the Canadian High Commission, London on Feb 7, 2022. On February 11, London CHC confirm receipt of my application and issued a reference number for my application.

Is anyone aware about the Processing times of the Crim. Rehab applications in London CHC?

Would appreciate if someone can provide their experience of guidance as to what I should expect.
Thanks